Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Source Community Ban List [Version 2]

Post New Thread Reply   

good_live
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2017 , 11:14   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Team Ghost View Post
Does this also work with Sourcebans/Sourcebans++ if no one answers I'll find out anyway
What exactly do you mean with working with sourcebans?
Sourcebans doesn't block kicking players does it?
SomePanns
Old 06-25-2017 , 11:38   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Does this also work with Sourcebans/Sourcebans++ if no one answers I'll find out anyway
Nothing stops this from working with SourceBans.
However the plugin doesn't ban them, it simply kicks them, so nothing would appear in your SourceBans logs.
The Team Ghost
Old 06-25-2017 , 11:50   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #23

I mean it would be handy for it detect a person that is in the database then work with the SB ban plugin to add them to the database instead of the plugin having to kick them the entire time.
Old 06-25-2017 , 13:02   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #24

Also it would be handy to link the required plugins/extensions for people so they can easily download those if they still need to.
Old 06-25-2017 , 16:19   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
I mean it would be handy for it detect a person that is in the database then work with the SB ban plugin to add them to the database instead of the plugin having to kick them the entire time.
Sourcebans kick their targets too if they are banned in its database, I think. Which means that by making the plugin add another ban you're just building layers of kicks on top of each other, which is pointless...

However if you're suggesting it due to the fact you want to keep track of who it has kicked: we are working on a method to provide such statistics to users.

Last edited by SomePanns; 06-25-2017 at 16:20.
The Team Ghost
Old 06-25-2017 , 17:03   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #26

Ok thnx that might work aswell it's just handy to see which hacker tried to connect at least
Old 06-25-2017 , 17:28   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #27

I never thought about it that way ever but actually banning is the same like kicking but the person that gets kicked is saved in the database and will get kicked automaticly on connecting.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2017 , 19:09   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #28

I'd prefer to use this in the same manner Sourcebans Checker works (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1288490)

A simple message to admins - "player X connected with bans on SourceCBL"
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-25-2017 , 21:49   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #29

Quoting the "hidden" spoiler above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
At this early stage of SourceCBL, we only have the basics to provide, and all of the current bans in our database are so called "base bans", which will serve as a good start for us, so the database isn't completely empty. Those bans are collected from various communities and they've been verified to be valid, although they do not come with proof. At the moment we can't have proof on our servers, as we're planning to migrate to better severs and get our own CDN in about a week or so from now on.
What about John Doe? There is no downloadable proof for his ban, but still it is in your database, ...

Verified to be valid? How exactly are they verified if there are no proof?

I suggest changing the default of the plugin to only kick Steam ID's where there is a proof attached and available to the public, thus allowing the server operator to change the variable to kick all (regardless of proof) if he/she wants it that way.

No matter what, for any sane people, the quoted "spoiler" text above would raise several concerns about the validity of your bans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Are the proof open to the public? Or the very least the servers who are running this?
Yes, all proof are open to the public.
That information also doesn't seem to be consistent with the above information about "although they do not come with proof".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
SomePanns
Old 06-26-2017 , 05:21   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Quoting the "hidden" spoiler above:

What about John Doe? There is no downloadable proof for his ban, but still it is in your database, ...

Verified to be valid? How exactly are they verified if there are no proof?

I suggest changing the default of the plugin to only kick Steam ID's where there is a proof attached and available to the public, thus allowing the server operator to change the variable to kick all (regardless of proof) if he/she wants it that way.

No matter what, for any sane people, the quoted "spoiler" text above would raise several concerns about the validity of your bans!

That information also doesn't seem to be consistent with the above information about "although they do not come with proof".
Those bans will eventually (in a month time or so) be lifted as we collect more bans.
The reason was because most people would probably prefer that we had some bans available rather than none at all.

And as you can see, all bans after these have proof attached to them.

Last edited by SomePanns; 06-26-2017 at 05:23.