Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Evil-Dragon
Old 05-01-2010 , 20:14   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

I've signed. We made some really crazy fun weapons with this extension and i cannot believe Valve did this.

I really hope they revert the change but i have a horrible feeling they won't
Old 05-02-2010 , 07:27   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

I'll probably be reverting one of the methods of limiting abuse that I added to TF2Items shortly after release, this will allow you to change the attributes without triggering the client-side protection. You need to avoid changing level or quality though.

I'm not sure about this change, as it open up the extension to abuse (adding attributes to a base item won't force the quality to change, therefore clients will not see the panel with the weapon stats.)

Let me know what you guys think.

Quick bug notice: Valve changed the item class slightly and I need to fix the reversed one used in the plugin, the first attribute you add will not take effect, crashes are possible but unlikely.
Old 05-02-2010 , 14:03   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I'll probably be reverting one of the methods of limiting abuse that I added to TF2Items shortly after release, this will allow you to change the attributes without triggering the client-side protection. You need to avoid changing level or quality though.

I'm not sure about this change, as it open up the extension to abuse (adding attributes to a base item won't force the quality to change, therefore clients will not see the panel with the weapon stats.)

Let me know what you guys think.

Quick bug notice: Valve changed the item class slightly and I need to fix the reversed one used in the plugin, the first attribute you add will not take effect, crashes are possible but unlikely.
Does this mean the first person who joins the server will get to keep their steam loadout, and not be restricted to the default weapons? You know, when you actually have a weapon with modified attributes running on the server.

Last edited by Sreaper; 05-02-2010 at 14:09.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-02-2010 , 14:16   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

That's not something this extension does.
Old 05-02-2010 , 15:13   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Will we still be able to set the classname and item index?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-02-2010 , 15:19   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

I'm working on this right now, and yes, it appears to be working. The player needs to own the item though.
Guess we're not dead yet.
Also, all attributes are broken at the moment.
I have them fixed in my dev version thanks to AzuiSleet and Voogru.
Expect more info tomorrow, time for me to get some sleep.
Old 05-02-2010 , 15:32   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Quote:
That's not something this extension does.
Well, whenever I had any edited attributes with no steam id's only using the "*". Whenever the first person joined the server, that person would not be able to use their loadout. When I removed the modified weapons with attributes or just put some fake steam ID so that wouldn't load. All loadout items would work fine. I have done this multiple times meaning i've added attributes which worked for everyone, then restarted it, joined my server, steam loadout gone, removed it, worked. Tried this multiple times and it always had ended up like that for me.

Last edited by Sreaper; 05-02-2010 at 15:39.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-02-2010 , 16:14   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Well, whenever I had any edited attributes with no steam id's only using the "*". Whenever the first person joined the server, that person would not be able to use their loadout. When I removed the modified weapons with attributes or just put some fake steam ID so that wouldn't load. All loadout items would work fine. I have done this multiple times meaning i've added attributes which worked for everyone, then restarted it, joined my server, steam loadout gone, removed it, worked. Tried this multiple times and it always had ended up like that for me.
I can look into it for you, but this doesn't touch anything that could affect the Steam loadout, not even remotely.

Anyway guys, patch for ya.
Linux version can be found here, Windows here.

This fixes item attributes and blocks changes to level and quality from occurring (so that old plugins will work without recompiling). On thing to note is that if you are giving custom items with the native, you need to make sure that the level and quality match the item. Also, forcing the weapon to an item the player does not have no longer works. Bots only have the base items.
Old 05-02-2010 , 16:21   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Quote:
I can look into it for you, but this doesn't touch anything that could affect the Steam loadout, not even remotely.

Anyway guys, patch for ya.
Linux version can be found here, Windows here.
Well, thanks for the fix. If this help's any, in the Steam ID slots where you list the Steam ID's I just have a "*" so it just gives all players the weapons rather than just a specific player. The only main weapon I've modified is the default bonesaw to make it gain uber on a successful hit which has been working. Maybe the wildcard is causing it?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-03-2010 , 22:03   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn 3-pg View Post
Will we still be able to set the classname and item index?
Sorry Pawn, looks like I was wrong before.
The issues I had with editing level and quality were directly related to forcing an item that wasn't equipped, it was even an item for the same class :/
I noticed in a screenshot I had taken from earlier that the quality was changed without triggering the verification code.
Hopefully we will get a conclusive answer before long.