Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSS] tf2 mod

Post New Thread Reply   

omgitsme
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2010 , 10:18   [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #1

just a idea. counter-strike source game, but tf2 mod? like it would be hard i know, you would be have to be very skilled. i was gunna say everything i wanted. but it would take 30min to type up. and if no ones interested then fuck it. and i know some people will say "why have this mod when you can just buy tf2?" well thats a stupid question, theres lots of games that are copied into css and dod and shit. and for some people like me, my computer can take css, but sometimes with tf2 and alot of things happening i can feel a bit of lag. so anyone up for this challenge?
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-19-2010 , 10:56   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #2

You do realise that CSS will be on the OB engine in a few months, therefore it'll have the exact same resource usage as TF2/DoD:S

Also, if you import the TF2 content into CS:S you are breaking the law if a player that joins doesn't also have a subscription to TF2.
Old 04-20-2010 , 05:50   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #3

whats a ob engine? i don't get it... how is it ilegal? it's just a mod..
Old 04-20-2010 , 06:41   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You do realise that CSS will be on the OB engine in a few months, therefore it'll have the exact same resource usage as TF2/DoD:S

Also, if you import the TF2 content into CS:S you are breaking the law if a player that joins doesn't also have a subscription to TF2.
We can only hope that it will be ported. I've been waiting years for it...

Anyway not quite illegal, but I would call it immoral, not to mention impossible.
http://sites.google.com/site/jsparak...badwater-basin

OB stands for Orange Box, Its the third generation of the Source engine.

Last edited by DaFox; 04-20-2010 at 06:55.
raydan
Old 04-20-2010 , 08:16   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:

how you know? any source?
NoS
Old 04-20-2010 , 12:22   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:

I highly doubt that, they did DOD:S before they did CS:S, the smartest move would have been to update you're best selling games first. Considering the number of exploits source has.
bouncer
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2010 , 20:57   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #7

I think its common sense that it's illegal to distribute materials from other games...but then again.. you wouldn't be playing the game actually? Hmm its an interesting debate.

noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-21-2010 , 02:01   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #8

I would say just buy TF2 and don't make people spend months developing a plugin that kind of makes CS:S look like TF2.
InflatableSoulmate
Old 04-21-2010 , 02:49   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydan View Post
how you know? any source?
The reason for the speculation that they will be porting CSS to the orangebox engine is because they are porting everything to run on the Mac. While they did just release an engine beta for CS1.6 and CSS, they haven't really done much work on the CSS engine since forever ago, so it would make sense to me that if they are going to put the effort into making CSS work on the Mac, they will just bring it up to speed on the OB engine so that engine updates are automatically deployed across the highest number of targets.

At the moment I don't think there is any 'proof', but the speculation makes far more sense than the thought that they will revive development on the original engine just to support the 5 people who will play CSS on Mac.
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2010 , 12:19   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #10

i would think user generated content for tf2 would be fine just not valves own content.

i had thought about converting my old ctf es script over to sm with tf2 style classes and possibly a payload style game mode aswell. it would take me a long time to code and test in my spare time but decided not to waste my time after my last released plugin wasn't as popular as i hoped, which also took a long time with a lot of testing.