Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.5.2, 2023-03-02)

Post New Thread Reply   

paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2021 , 22:25   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
Can you pull hour information if the user has private/ game info hidden from the account? Those things were made because of GDPR data protection law in theory plugin then couldn't obtain such information?

I'm trying to understand how to set this upright so I don't end up losing players only because I deny access to the private / game info hidden profiles.

Nvm Got it you made this well that it depends on many checks just in case sorry for not paying attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by azalty View Post
I don’t recommend setting the playtime check as required if you are afraid of losing players that don’t want to show their playtime, but as you said, this plugin was made to rely on much more techniques, most of which should not cause too much problems to players

If you have any other question, feature request or bug to report, feel free to post another comment!
You don’t need to apologise haha - thanks for using and trusting my plugin

And to answer your question, no afaik it’s not possible to retrieve playtime if user’s profile/games are hidden UNLESS they are shown to friends and the user is friend with the one who created the API Key. Those who really want to could create a steam bot that auto accepts invites to retrieve user’s playtime, but let’s be honest, it’s too much, and players probably won’t be okay with that either way
Here, the suggestion that I mentioned earlier would be perfect, a data storage system, SQLite / MySQL database.

I was thinking about the question of the private profile too, having a database by logic the player would have to release the profile completely, make it public just for the plugin to check if it has the time requirements and then add it to this database if everything is right, access to the server and it is saved in the database, he leaving his profile private or not later like this in this database and he has the time requirements he would not be checked again by the plugin in a matter of hours only in the other options.

Something similar to the Profile Status plugin, the only problem is that I configure each server for a different time, and for me each server would have to have its database or some way of separating them in the database, something like that has in the SourceBans++ with Server ID option.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2021 , 20:58   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Here, the suggestion that I mentioned earlier would be perfect, a data storage system, SQLite / MySQL database.

I was thinking about the question of the private profile too, having a database by logic the player would have to release the profile completely, make it public just for the plugin to check if it has the time requirements and then add it to this database if everything is right, access to the server and it is saved in the database, he leaving his profile private or not later like this in this database and he has the time requirements he would not be checked again by the plugin in a matter of hours only in the other options.

Something similar to the Profile Status plugin, the only problem is that I configure each server for a different time, and for me each server would have to have its database or some way of separating them in the database, something like that has in the SourceBans++ with Server ID option.
That's also something I wanted to add, and I discussed about this here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=21

I would personally prefer to go with the second solution but it might be harder to update for next updates (in case I need to add more rows and so, I'll need to learn more about SQL syntax but it's possible). I want to make the installing/updating experience as easy as possible, just a drag and drop, and the DB should update automatically. I need to figure all of this out. Else I can just do solution 1 but that implies clearing the DB every time the config is changed

For now I aim for SQLite support only, so no Server ID is needed, but I might add mysql later (even though I don't understand why you would prefer that if it's only to use the informations on only one server)

Last edited by azalty; 03-02-2021 at 20:59.
eliteroyal
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2021 , 07:21   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #33

what about a whitelist?

also i dont understand how to configure this part:

// (Requires SteamAPI Key)
// 0 = disabled
// any integer = is a user check that fails if his steam account age is newer than this value in minutes or his profile is private
// any negative integer = same as positive, but is not a check and will kick user
// &integer (ex: &60) = same as negative, but will not kick user if his profile is private
// -
// Default: "1576800"
nda_steam_age "~11576800"

i want that player who created their accounts at least 5 days ago cannot join the server, what should i type?

Last edited by eliteroyal; 03-03-2021 at 07:23.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2021 , 09:23   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
That's also something I wanted to add, and I discussed about this here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=21

I would personally prefer to go with the second solution but it might be harder to update for next updates (in case I need to add more rows and so, I'll need to learn more about SQL syntax but it's possible). I want to make the installing/updating experience as easy as possible, just a drag and drop, and the DB should update automatically. I need to figure all of this out. Else I can just do solution 1 but that implies clearing the DB every time the config is changed

For now I aim for SQLite support only, so no Server ID is needed, but I might add mysql later (even though I don't understand why you would prefer that if it's only to use the informations on only one server)
Yes, for me in any case, MySQL thought about the case for in the future you want to display a page on the web to show players with access and tals, but this for me at the moment is not important, I will be more than just satisfied with SQL, already that I'm going to use a configuration for each server.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2021 , 10:04   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteroyal View Post
what about a whitelist?

also i dont understand how to configure this part:

// (Requires SteamAPI Key)
// 0 = disabled
// any integer = is a user check that fails if his steam account age is newer than this value in minutes or his profile is private
// any negative integer = same as positive, but is not a check and will kick user
// &integer (ex: &60) = same as negative, but will not kick user if his profile is private
// -
// Default: "1576800"
nda_steam_age "~11576800"

i want that player who created their accounts at least 5 days ago cannot join the server, what should i type?
Whitelist by admin flag, steamid?

You need to put "-7200", but this will kick private profiles (since the plugin is unable to retrieve creation date in this case)

Else you can use the «*~*» prefix instead of «*- » to always allow private profiles or use no prefix to set this as a check. You can check the main post to get an explanation of the «*check*» system but in short, if the player passes at least 1 check, he is allowed into the server, even if other checks fail. If the player doesn’t pass any check, he will be kicked

Last edited by azalty; 03-03-2021 at 10:09.
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2021 , 11:54   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Whitelist by admin flag, steamid?

You need to put "-7200", but this will kick private profiles (since the plugin is unable to retrieve creation date in this case)

Else you can use the «*~*» prefix instead of «*- » to always allow private profiles or use no prefix to set this as a check. You can check the main post to get an explanation of the «*check*» system but in short, if the player passes at least 1 check, he is allowed into the server, even if other checks fail. If the player doesn’t pass any check, he will be kicked
I was confused for a sec with this one as well but I got it its in minutes. You should write that to make life easier
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2021 , 15:14   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
I was confused for a sec with this one as well but I got it its in minutes. You should write that to make life easier
Whoops, sorry for the confusion, it's written in the cvar but I should probably create a wiki with simpler explanations and all

Last edited by azalty; 03-10-2021 at 15:14.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2021 , 16:28   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #38

Version 1.2.2:
  • Fixed VPN Message being sent to the user instead of admins

Download it here
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2021 , 14:20   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #39

Version 1.3.0:
  • Added a logging cvar
  • Added Steam Bans method
  • Changed permissions to 'Bans' flag instead of 'Changemap'
  • Removed !vpn command and changed it to !nda (thanks #1)
  • Fixed VPN Menu not displaying the translation for Command_VPN_NoVPN
  • Fixed Command_VPN_PlayerDisconnected and renamed it Command_NDA_PlayerDisconnected
  • Changed multiple minor things

Download it here

You can report bugs on GitHub or on this thread, though I prefer you post them on github for big bugs
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-17-2021 , 20:03   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.3.1, 2021-03-18)
Reply With Quote #40

Version 1.3.1:
  • Added 'nda_prime 2' which adds an !nda menu displaying non-prime players ('nda_prime 1' will also add that menu)
  • Added additional checks for !nda menus
  • Fixed Recent Bans menu displaying a wrong phrase
  • Fixed French translations
  • Fixed Prime method wrongly needing a SteamAPI Key
  • Fixed Bans cvars not saying that a SteamAPI Key is required

Download it here