Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Discussion(s) for Version 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2015 , 18:43   Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #1

With the launch of Store 2.0 in a couple of days after I get things sorted, I'm wanting to talk about a few things with the Store plugin system. Whether they be related to myself/Arrows thoughts but also your thoughts on certain things. The ultimate goal is to make the Store system very good at what it does, make it easy to use and have the least amount of bugs as possible while remaining free to use. With that in mind, I'd like to ask that people keep the posts respectful in this thread because this is where the meat and the potatoes will be discussed.

That being said, lets talk!

So far, here's the things I've done: (Not bullet pointing them due to long paragraphs)

The ServerID system is a system I'm liking but I'm wanting to change up some more things with it in the long run in order to have it give less people problems on 1st-time installations. The reason why it currently gives an error is because the we're planning to have the web panel install the plugin system on servers they specify in the future instead. This will lead to easier management of version control, servers with plugins installed, etc. If I did end up adding the ability to keep the ServerID to '-1' which is where It's at by default, I'd have to add in safe-proof code to combat against items that are setup specfic to that server. My idea is if ServerID is set to '-1', ignore all code related to which items belong to which servers and just load it all.

Another thing I've been working on is the loadouts system. So far, I've managed to change up 80% of the loadouts module in order to allow clients to create their own loadouts with their own names and equip those. So far, the limit is 6 and the way you create the loadouts is via a website script being created by Arrow. I didn't like how the loadouts system was before but I think this new system should be good enough to help allow people to customize their characters with Store items further.

One thing I plan on doing in the future is rebuilding all of the item modules made by Alongub to work with 2.0 and add them to the auto-installer/auto-updater tools that comes with the web panel. My goal is to make every module be as compatible as possible with every game without running into issues down the road. Only issue being games like CSGO with it's limitations with things such as HUD messages makes it difficult for me to update the modules to exactly where I want so we'll see how it goes. Which modules do you want updated first? Any features to add to them or changes you think should be done? Let me know.

On top of all of this, I've also been working on a new system which would allow you to setup single-server installations where you can run the store system on 1 server without a web panel or item modules but with configuration files and SQLite files. This would basically cut out 90% of the power you would have if you did have a Web Panel and a MySQL database but it would allow people who just have 1 server to setup everything on there and not have to worry about that kind of stuff.

Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? Hammer them in the comments.

I'd also like to point out that I do take donations so if people like what I'm doing, feel free to donate to me below. I would also advise that if you want to donate to me that you donate to Arrow as well since he's putting an incredible amount of work into the Web Panel. Obviously donations to Alongub are stationed since he built the original plugins but you get what I mean. Donation links can be found in a number of places if you look around.

- r3dw3r3w0lf (Name still sucks)

Last edited by Drixevel; 07-13-2015 at 18:44.
bhop_alex
Old 07-13-2015 , 21:57   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #2

Great to see an update! I like the web panel driven idea. It would make things so much easier if everything could be done through that instead of just managing items/credits. Something that would also be cool is if you added sourcebans accounts to the webpanel. There is a donation plugin that allows you to use the sourcebans admin accounts with designated flags to log into and manage the web panel. Also, i'm not sure if i'm reading it correctly, but it sounds like players can log into the new web panel and edit their items/loadouts on there, is this how it would work because that is a great idea.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2015 , 22:21   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop_alex View Post
Great to see an update! I like the web panel driven idea. It would make things so much easier if everything could be done through that instead of just managing items/credits. Something that would also be cool is if you added sourcebans accounts to the webpanel. There is a donation plugin that allows you to use the sourcebans admin accounts with designated flags to log into and manage the web panel. Also, i'm not sure if i'm reading it correctly, but it sounds like players can log into the new web panel and edit their items/loadouts on there, is this how it would work because that is a great idea.
Basically, you create the loadouts in-game and you edit them with the web panel... or you make them with the web panel. I'm planning to add functionality so you can do it in-game as well.
alongub
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 03:21   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #4

One thing I've always planned for 2.0 was rethinking of the user interface of the Store. Maybe as a MOTD. See this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213690

ServerID: Instead of -1, I would change the field to nullable and set it to NULL for all items.
Loadouts and Single-Server: Awesome changes!

Important: Please donate ONLY to r3dw3r3w0lf and Arrow.

Last edited by alongub; 07-14-2015 at 03:22.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2015 , 07:07   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongub View Post
One thing I've always planned for 2.0 was rethinking of the user interface of the Store. Maybe as a MOTD. See this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213690

ServerID: Instead of -1, I would change the field to nullable and set it to NULL for all items.
Loadouts and Single-Server: Awesome changes!

Important: Please donate ONLY to r3dw3r3w0lf and Arrow.
Yeah, we're planning on adding that system with the new web panel. The goal is to add the ability to manage everything that you can on the servers with the site as well and vice versa.

I'm still thinking about the -1 value, I might just keep it but make it so it checks if the value is -1 and if so, doesn't use the filter functionality and/or SQL queries.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 12:38   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #6

About the Inventory Module/Plugin for the WebPanel:
As r3dw3rw0lf said,
There will be a inventory plugin/module for the WebPanel.
It will be possible to access this module with a normal browser (so players don't need to be ingame to change their loadout)
At first there will be a heavy focus on functionality (don't expect something fancy)
When everything is working I can start to improve the design (for example with images of the items, ...)

About a Donations Module/Plugin for the WebPanel:
I know that this is a potential piggy bank that just "waits to be slaughtered", but I made something like already and didnt like what a saw.

My point is that gaming should be about the game and not about a community making money.
(And yes I know that its not easy to run a gaming community without selling items, admin rights, ... because I did that for many years)

Making money by selling items, ... brings you in a difficult legal situation (at least in the EU) because you have to consider a lot of things if you sell stuff in a online shop (taxes in the country where the player resides, illegal to use the Teamspeak Not For Profit Licenses, ... just to name a few)

So I am not sure if I am going to implement this feature or not
Old 08-18-2015 , 09:18   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #7

Right sooo Arrow is taking a while to get things sorted with him so here's what I'm gonna go ahead and do.

In the next day or two, I'll be reverting back changes I've made in the Store system that pertain to the new web panel (which mostly consists of the loadouts system) and I'll be finishing the changes I'm personally working on from there with the reversion of old code.

Few things to note:
  1. I'm no longer making it a requirement to set your ServerID in the config to 1 so people no longer have to set it manually.
  2. I'll be editing the configs default to 1 instead of -1.
  3. I'll also be setting the default value to 1 IF the plugin can't find the values.

This should address 99.999999% of issues I've been receiving lately. I'll also go ahead and work on the item modules for this version and release them to work with both 1.2 latest & 2.0 once it releases.

Sorry for the wait people, everything shall be situated accordingly soon.

- Drixevel
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-23-2015 , 16:29   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #8

Now's the time to ask questions if you have any, thread is made for the 2.0 release.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=255418
x1130
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-24-2015 , 10:03   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #9

I have an idea when someone type !case or something, some case simulator for store open and they will open case with 10k store credits for example and it will drop something from store or vip,admin (owner will make their own cases and decides) and it has to be a log for admin or vip win but others can be given at that time.So simple Store case opener. You know people likes luck games. maybe as u told u cant entegrate it to this web panel system https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213690 . I dont know is it possible or not or so hard. Just a idea and i think it will be good.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-24-2015 , 13:49   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1130 View Post
I have an idea when someone type !case or something, some case simulator for store open and they will open case with 10k store credits for example and it will drop something from store or vip,admin (owner will make their own cases and decides) and it has to be a log for admin or vip win but others can be given at that time.So simple Store case opener. You know people likes luck games. maybe as u told u cant entegrate it to this web panel system https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213690 . I dont know is it possible or not or so hard. Just a idea and i think it will be good.
That might be something better feasible with the web panel so you might ask Arrow if he can make that. I'll add in-game functions to work with the web panel though if he does it since that idea is a good one.