Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH Need help in regards to Hale knockback

Post New Thread Reply   

Heatheria
Old 06-08-2020 , 18:41   Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #1

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to coding or anything of the like and I'm trying to figure out how i'd go about reducing the knockback effect on hale, any help is appreciated
NoloZero01
Old 06-09-2020 , 06:41   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #2

I suppose attribute n. 252 called "damage force reduction" is your solution. For example, "252 ; 0.85" will grant 15% reduction in knockback taken from damage.
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 07:57   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoloZero01 View Post
I suppose attribute n. 252 called "damage force reduction" is your solution. For example, "252 ; 0.85" will grant 15% reduction in knockback taken from damage.
Does that value affect the knockback dealt by the weapon? or received when using the weapon?
Is this specific to weapons within the saxtonhale.sp? or is there a global value within the saxtonhale.sp to lower ALL the knockback dealt to hale?

Also as a side note, I noticed some weapons like the mega detonator and Battalions don't have stats? but seem to instead show something similar to this?
PHP Code:
case 226// The Battalion's Backup

{

hItemOverride PrepareItemHandle(hItem__"252 ; 0.25"); //125 ; -10

This confuses me a bit since it varies from other weapons like the Fan O War which shows some form of stat change whereas the Battalions doesn't, is this because its done in TF2Items? and if so where would I look to change that weapon's stats?

Thanks for the response tho, clears up a lot.

Last edited by Heatheria; 06-09-2020 at 08:32.
NoloZero01
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:04   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #4

I have actually never had experience with Saxton Hale but since FF2 is based on it I guess many things in it are the same.

About the attribute: it decreases the knockback taken on wearer. You would want that to be applied to every boss melee that spawns. Unfortunately as far as Im aware VSH is not as configurable as FF2, so you will probably need to edit the source code, not sure. The code you showed manages RED weapon atrributes.
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:15   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #5

I've found the VSH boss weapons but only some of them actually have changes to knockback assigned to them, is this because some of the bosses just take the regular tf2 knockback values?

Quote:
The code you showed manages RED weapon atrributes.
I understand that the attributes for it lower the knockback received, but isn't it missing the attributes that make yourself and other players take less damage and the item in general giving 10hp+ instead of 20hp+?

Thanks again for your response ^^
NoloZero01
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:20   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #6

Yeah, I suppose all VSH freaks except HHH take regular knockback. You can modify code so the respective attribute is given to all bosses. And to be clear, I don't understand your last message.
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:21   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #7

PHP Code:
    {
        case 
VSHSpecial_Bunny:
        {

SaxtonWeapon SpawnWeapon(client"tf_weapon_bottle"1100TFQual_Unusual"68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.0 ; 259 ; 1.0 ; 326 ; 1.3 ; 252 ; 0.6");
        }
        case 
VSHSpecial_Vagineer:
        {

SaxtonWeapon SpawnWeapon(client"tf_weapon_wrench"7100TFQual_Unusual"68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1.0 ; 436 ; 1.0");
        }
        case 
VSHSpecial_HHH:
        {

SaxtonWeapon SpawnWeapon(client"tf_weapon_sword"266100TFQual_Unusual"68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1.0 ; 252 ; 0.6 ; 551 ; 1");

SetEntPropFloat(SaxtonWeaponProp_Send"m_flModelScale"0.0001);

HaleCharge = -1000;
        }
        case 
VSHSpecial_CBS:
        {

SaxtonWeapon SpawnWeapon(client"tf_weapon_club"171100TFQual_Unusual"68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1.0");

//SetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_nBody", 0);

}
        default:
        {

decl String:attribs[64];

Format(attribssizeof(attribs), "68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1.0 ; 252 ; 0.6 ; 551 ; %i ; 214 ; %d", !IsDate(Month_Oct15), GetRandomInt(999999999));

SaxtonWeapon SpawnWeapon(client"tf_weapon_shovel"5100TFQual_Strangeattribs);
        }
    } 
I went looking for the boss weapons and I think this is what i'm looking for, Vagineer and CBS don't have 252 (knockback) values because they take the default knockback values from vanilla tf2 I assume, so would assigning them knockback values be as easy as sliding in "252 ; 0.8" be as easy as adding it to the other attributes?
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:23   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I don't understand your last message.
Within the VSH gamemode itself, Battalions has more edits than just the knockback taken on the wearer, such as more damage reduction than usual and less hp bonus given to the wearer. I'm wondering if the values aren't in the line shown earlier, where would I possibly find these?

Last edited by Heatheria; 06-09-2020 at 09:25. Reason: Shortened quote to keep it to context
NoloZero01
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:36   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #9

About the bosses: yeah just add your desired attribute alongside other ones. About hidden battalion's attributes: unfortunately I don't know VSH's code, I have no idea how or where it's done. What you can do is just use Ctrl+F with battalion's backup definition index as search query, that way you will see every piece of code that works with it.
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:39   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
unfortunately I don't know VSH's code, I have no idea how or where it's done. What you can do is just use Ctrl+F with battalion's backup definition index as search query, that way you will see every piece of code that works with it.
Ah, then that might be where i'm stumped for now, the definition index for it doesn't lead anywhere else in sp. But as for the bosses knockback, I can't thank you enough, that's a tremendous help.