Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu

Post New Thread Reply   

Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 07-31-2019 , 15:48   ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #1

I've been using a Logitech G13 Gamepad's Macro making feature to program some key binds. I have a working dedicated scruds CSS and L4d2 servers working ok on a Win 8.1 system using Comcast. I use a Win 10 computer on a AT&T DSL. I use the Win 10 computer to Admin and play these games. Since my Win 8.1 Mother board crashed I lost all of my macros for my Logitech G13 Gamepad with all the SM programed macros.
I've been trying to recreate them for my new Win 10 computer and I;m having a bit of trouble programming the G13 to correctly get to the SM Admins Menu. I've been accessing the Admins menu this way for years. I use to use the Mani Admins plugin thinggy about 10 years ago before I started using the Sourcemod Simple Admins thinggy.

From CSS or L4d2 I press the "U" key then I type "!admin" That brings up the Admins menu box where I can select all of the opitins for the games just like it allways have. However, when I now make a G13 macro It brings up the chat box then I have to wait until I see the !admin command added slowley. Sometimes the chat bos is empty and I have to type !admin then hit enter for the SM Menu to display.
My question is hitting the "U' key the only way to access the SM Admins Menu or is there another way to get to the SM Admins Menu?
Could there be an issue with the CSS HL2 Admin feature interfearing with the SM Admins feature or are they different animals?

Right now my work around is to make a key bind for the 'U' ket then make a separate macros for "!admin" and other commands like !tankbuster or !jetpack. The problem is most likely the G13 and a Win 10 compatably issue, but someone here my have a better answer.
I'm not having any problems with getting acces to my servers from my Win 10 computer as Admin so we don't have to go there.

Please help if you can.
DBD
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2019 , 17:49   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #2

Use the console command sm_admin and bind the command to a key.

Code:
bind "l" "sm_admin"

Last edited by TomL.; 07-31-2019 at 17:50.
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 08-01-2019 , 14:56   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #3

Thank's TomL for the quick reply. However, I need a little more clearification on just what your reply means.

Do I use the dedicated server's console to input: --> bind "l" "sm_admin" ?
Or do I use this command from my in-game console (on the computer that I connect to my dedicated server as Admin)?

And I have a noob question. What is the key or command to get to the console to do those recon commands is it the "~" key or ? It's been so long since I've had to enter any recon commands I've forgotten. I only remember my recon password because it's on my server.cfg. If you can point me to a console command list I will be most thankful.
Thank's Again.
DBD
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2019 , 15:28   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrow Bo Dean View Post
Thank's TomL for the quick reply. However, I need a little more clearification on just what your reply means.

Do I use the dedicated server's console to input: --> bind "l" "sm_admin" ?
Or do I use this command from my in-game console (on the computer that I connect to my dedicated server as Admin)?

And I have a noob question. What is the key or command to get to the console to do those recon commands is it the "~" key or ? It's been so long since I've had to enter any recon commands I've forgotten. I only remember my recon password because it's on my server.cfg. If you can point me to a console command list I will be most thankful.
Thank's Again.
DBD
Ingame console mate...and to toggle the console you can use a bind to ( bind "~" toggleconsole ) now you can press "~".

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 08-01-2019 at 15:30.
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2019 , 15:37   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #5

The bind command is for your game client.
First you want to go to your steam library, right click on the game and properties.
Now you want to add -console to your start commands which will open up the console on game start.
You can bind a key to open the console with > bind "KEY" "toggleconsole" and the same way you bind the sm admin menu > bind "key" "sm_admin"
With the rcon access flag in your sm admin list you can type sm_rcon command in the console or !rcon command in the chat without your rcon password.

Last edited by TomL.; 08-01-2019 at 15:39.
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 08-01-2019 , 17:47   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #6

Thank's Again All. I just tried the "!sm_admin" command and it works just like "!admin" to call the Admin's Menu. I think that my problem with my logitech G13 is that I'll need to put in a delay between the time i hit the "U" key and the "!sm_admin" "Enter" or "!admin" "Enter" key presses when I program a macro on it. However.
SOLVED
I just programed button G22 on the G13 to be the "U" key to bring up the chat box and I programed the G3 key as "!jetpaack" and tried it in game. I can now program all the other G keys to the values I previously had before my Win 8.1 system had before it's crash.
Thank's again for all the help.
DBD
SOLVED
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2019 , 04:20   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #7

Again, just bind the key ingame rather than using the macro function of your peripherals.
It will bring up the admin menu instantly.

EDIT:

https://youtu.be/rpQwOMpuUQ4?t=581

Last edited by TomL.; 08-02-2019 at 04:21.
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 08-06-2019 , 13:57   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #8

Thank's Again TomL, I had lots of key binds when I was hosting the Counter Strike Zombie Horde Mod. I bought the G13 around 2013 and it was working just fine until a month ago when my system board crashed. To get all of the command string programed to a single key I have to insert a delay i.e .25 of a second or more to do that. The way I have it set up now just adds one more key press to and uses one more programable key. However. I now find that I have a little more flexibility calling some events. I will figure out the delays when i have more time.
Thank's again,
DBD
!SOLVED
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2019 , 02:23   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #9

It doesn't sound like it's 'solved' when you are having to put delays in or press more than one key to accomplish a single command.

You should try something like this....

Quote:
bind "1" "say /sm_admin"
But instead of '1' use whatever button or key you want to bind. By adding the word SAY in your bind you don't have to press U or Y first (since U is just a bind to 'say team' and Y is just a bind to 'say'. All you need to do is bind some key "say /command".

I hope this makes sense.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-09-2019 , 10:38   Re: ?'s About Accessing SM Admins Menu
Reply With Quote #10

Don't use the chat triggers, bind the commands directly.

Quote:
bind "1" "sm_admin"