Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Lord Max
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    InstantUber is a plugin that gives the medic class 100% UberCharge on respawn.
    Old 10-10-2008 , 14:10   InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a first plugin from me. I came up with the idea for an InstantUber plugin when I found that, firstly, not many people were going medic, and secondly, medics would be alot more useful (eg: getting people out of camping situations) if they spawned with an UberCharge. InstantUber was born.

Before I go on to talk about the plugin, I must thank Antithasys at myTF2 who gave me alot of guidance and support through making the plugin. Antithasys guided me through the plugin helping me with much of the code and explaining what went where and why. I would just like to thank him here for helping.

The amount of UberCharge given on spawning is 100% by default but this can be changed in the *.cfg file that will be created when the plugin is loaded onto the server. 1.0 being 100% 0.5 being 50%, etc. Public tracking cvar is in line 21 - edit this to alter the amount of 'UberCharge' given.

The plugin has had all errors fixed and has been running smoothly on my server for about a day now. The plugin is quite popular on there and people seem to think it serves a good purpose.

Enjoy the plugin,

Lord Max & Antithasys
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (InstantUber.sp - 5550 views - 2.0 KB)

Last edited by Lord Max; 04-20-2009 at 06:33.
    teddyruxpin
    Overseer of lost packets
    Old 10-10-2008 , 14:31   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #2

Good job on your first plugin. One tip you may want to explain the CVAR's so that other people do not need to read the source code or fiddle with the plugin to figure it out themselves.

iuber_uberlevel = CreateConVar("iuber_uberlevel", "1.0", "Uber level to give medics on spawn", _, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
    L4D Player Info
    abelp
    Old 10-10-2008 , 14:54   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #3

Congrats!!!
    Spikeectf2
    Old 10-10-2008 , 17:08   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #4

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=570672 this plugin does the same thing already sm_ubercharge "name" or sm_medipacks_ubercharge 100 - Give medics a default UberCharge on spawn released in jan 2008.

Last edited by Spikeectf2; 10-10-2008 at 17:17.
    Antithasys
    Old 10-10-2008 , 17:16   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #5

Yes, but it also has a lot of other features that people mite not want, including calls OnGameFrame()

This is just what it says.
    abelp
    Old 10-10-2008 , 17:40   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #6

I use
    sm_cvar weapon_medigun_charge_rate 1
    sm_cvar weapon_medigun_chargerelease_rate 8
    But I like your plugin becuase i dont have to write it in the mapname.cfg
    Liam
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 10-11-2008 , 20:42   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #7

Can you add a public tracking cvar?

Weapon Restrictions w/ Warmup
    High Ping Kicker - Lite Edition
    AFK Manager
    Antithasys
    Old 10-11-2008 , 21:52   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #8

It's there. Line 21.
    bl4nk
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 10-11-2008 , 22:00   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #9

He means to your post.
    Antithasys
    Old 10-11-2008 , 22:03   Re: InstantUber - Team Fortress 2 Plugin that gives Medic 100% UberCharge on respawn
    Reply With Quote #10

Oh, lol. Have to get Lord Max to do that.