Originally Posted by PC Gamer
The pictures look very interesting. However, I don't understand the scope of this plugin or how to use it. Maybe you can answer a few questions.
1. Does this replace the models for a single weapon, or multiple weapons?
2. What models are you providing with the plugin?
3. Does this view replace all weapons by type? For example, all Scatterguns to include warpainted? or just the base stock Scattergun?
4. ...or.. Do you create a new weapon index with the new model?
5. Where do you get new models from?
6. How do you install the new models?
7. Are there any commands to enable or disable the custom models?
Hey! Thank you for taking interest in this plugin. Sorry for not replying earlier but I barely use AlliedModders.
1. It replaces every weapon unless it's a wearable ( like shields ), as of now.
2. Zero. I'm not a model maker so I can't make any of my own. However, I could ask a friend of mine for a few examples to put. You can use gamebanana or anything else to get a weapon model ( not a vpk ).
3. Yep, you can do that as well.
5. Gamebanana, custom made, other sites.
6. Shove them inside models and materials. You could actually just use an existing tf2 model if you wanted, up to you.
7. Nope. But you can remove the attribute and they won't show up.
I'll try to explain how it works. Do you know about the "replace projectile model" attribute in tf2? It's pretty much like that but for weapon models ( and it's not built-in ). It's a "custom attribute", and you can give it and manage everything thanks to Nosoop's custom attributes framework as stated and linked in the initial thread.
How and what you want to do... it's up to you.
Do you want to replace a stock weapon's model? Sure.
Do you want to have a custom model for a custom weapon? Sure. Use Nosoop's Custom Weapons X manager ( linked in the thread ) and add it as an attribute in the Custom Attributes section or anything else that supports that framework.
"weaponmodel override" "model path"
This is the attribute. Replace model path with the model you're interested in, for example: "models/necgaming/weapons/kunai/australium/c_shogun_kunai.mdl".
I have another version of the same plugin, but it has a store system ( batfoxkid's text-store ) without the whole custom attribute thingy. I could post it if people are interested and happen to use that store.