Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

ExiMaster
Old 12-16-2011 , 17:26   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #631

Server Crashes everywhere, your new gamedata file for TF2Items that's suppost to prevent crashes does not work, in fact the crashes happen more rapidly with that new gamedata file. The last lines seen in this photo is the error if you want to take a look. Hope you fix it and nice plugin.

http://**************/f/839/tf2giveweaponerror.jpg/
jouva
Old 12-16-2011 , 18:32   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #632

I don't believe this is in any way related.
ExiMaster
Old 12-16-2011 , 19:10   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #633

Let me try something

EDIT: Yep just as I suspected. You cannot run TF Winter and TF Halloween at the same time, derp my mistake sorry. I didn't know what else could of caused it.

Last edited by ExiMaster; 12-16-2011 at 19:20.
Helvetica
Old 12-16-2011 , 22:44   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #634

Hey Sarge, the two custom models you posted in the OP are only meant to be used with the tf2items.givecustom.txt file right? They aren't meant to work right off the bat with the plugin are they?

I looked at the plugin source and the path to the models for the Rebel's Curse wrench was "models/custom/weapons/rebelscurse/v_wrench_engineer_v2.mdl" for the viewmodel and "models/custom/weapons/rebelscurse/c_wrench_v2.mdl" for the world model.

Obviously these are not the same files included in the Rebel's Curse files you linked to at the bottom of your original post. Am I correct to assume that those files are meant to be used only with a new entry in the tf2items.givecustom.txt file?
ExiMaster
Old 12-17-2011 , 01:12   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #635

Not to repeatedly keep posting but sarge, could make it so clients can give themselves weapons? Maybe you can make a cvar that will allow this?

tf2items_giveweapon_clients (1/0) - Allow or disallow the feature of non-admins/clients to give themselves any weapon.

Would be a perfect weapons plugin if this were to be added.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2011 , 07:32   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #636

ExiMaster: Read things! sm_gimme is a command!
It's an admin command which means you can add a line to admin_overrides.cfg in sourcemod/configs/. http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Overridin...28SourceMod%29

Helvetica: No, those models are coded into the plugin and do work right off the bat, no need to stick them into the custom file, though you can if you want. 2171 uses the Climber/Scythe model, 2197 uses the Rebel's Curse model.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-17-2011 at 07:35.
ExiMaster
Old 12-17-2011 , 20:50   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #637

Shit, thanks. Didnt realize I could do that. Still a bit new with Source Mod and its features.
Helvetica
Old 12-18-2011 , 19:59   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
No, those models are coded into the plugin and do work right off the bat, no need to stick them into the custom file, though you can if you want. 2171 uses the Climber/Scythe model, 2197 uses the Rebel's Curse model.
Well..I'm at a complete loss as to how the hard coded ones work considering that there are no model files included anywhere with this plugin.

I mean...the weapons work, but they just use the default models they are based on. Were those model files for the hard coded ones supposed to be included somewhere? I must be missing something.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2011 , 16:19   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #639

portalmods: please remove your post and replace it with a custom config entry for that. You know, the stuff that goes in tf2items.givecustom.txt? The thing that I worked on to make sure nobody had to recompile the plugin to add custom weapons?
Those Hale fists don't prevent backstabs at all.

Helvetica:
Quote:
I am going to post the Khopesh Climber and Rebel's Curse files for all to download, in a bit. Will put the link <HERE>.
^From the first post.
The only released models so far are those two, for indices 2171 and 2197 respectively. The viewmodels cannot change, unfortunately, but the world models will. Taunt with the Khopesh Climber as a Sniper, you'll see the scythe.

Any other hardcoded models are pending as I need to update them for the model updates valve did.

Horse: you can delete your own posts. Edit -> delete button.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-19-2011 at 16:56.
Helvetica
Old 12-19-2011 , 21:54   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #640

Quote:
The only released models so far are those two, for indices 2171 and 2197 respectively. The viewmodels cannot change, unfortunately, but the world models will. Taunt with the Khopesh Climber as a Sniper, you'll see the scythe.

Any other hardcoded models are pending as I need to update them for the model updates valve did.
Let me try to explain this a different way:

Rebel's Curse model provided in the download you linked to:
models/custom/weapons/rebelscurse/c_wrench.mdl

Rebel's Curse model path hard coded into the plugin:
models/custom/weapons/rebelscurse/c_wrench_v2.mdl

Because of this, they actually do not work right off the bat. I recompiled the plugin with the path changed to point to the actual model name you provided in that link. (i.e. without the _v2 at the end) and while that did make the files download, they just resulted in the giant red error sign, which is what prompted me to post my original question.

Last edited by Helvetica; 12-19-2011 at 23:56.