Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)

Post New Thread Reply   

Big Myke
Old 02-04-2009 , 12:20   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #21

It just makes perfect sense to loose your hud/name tags and the sense of knowing your surroundings and the people around you when you get vomited on. Glad you picked up on my request in the other forum ;) REP for you!! It adds realism, a buff to the boomer, and a challenge to the survivors in a subtle manner. Most people wouldn't notice the change. So far no one has noticed or complained.

Last edited by Big Myke; 02-04-2009 at 12:24.
high6
Old 02-04-2009 , 20:07   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiderest View Post
I've been working on a way to run any command/cvar without cheats and for commands removing the flags then putting them back real fast didn't always work.

The solution that I'm going with is to do it kinda fast using a timer.

Code:
public Action:RandomFunction34(thecmd, args)
{
    //code maybe

SetCommandFlags(thecmd,flags^FCVAR_CHEAT);
    ServerCommand("%s%s",thecmd,args); //I think you use a different one
    new Handle:data;
    CreateDataTimer(0.5, resetcmd, data); //make longer or shorter as you see fit
    WritePackString(data, thecmd);
    WritePackCell(data, flags);

//code maybe
}

//voiderest wrote the resetcmd function
public Action:resetcmd(Handle:timer, Handle:data)
{
    new String:buf[32];
    ReadPackString(data, buf, 32);
    SetCommandFlags(buf, ReadPackCell(data));
}
Anyone should feel free to use and abuse that code, but leaving the little comment in the code would be nice.
Code:
ServerExecute();
Adding that after ServerCommand() should fix the problem.
Durzel
Old 02-05-2009 , 09:34   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #23

Great idea for a plugin
grandwazir
Old 02-06-2009 , 03:18   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #24

After reading what KAC, VBAC, YAAC etc check I am pretty sure that they would ban people if they happen to check them when their HUD is being hidden. To this end I'll update the main post as it would suck if people got banned from no fault of their own.

Quote:
Great idea for a plugin
Wasn't my idea it was Big Myke that came up with it. I just coded it ;)

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-06-2009 at 03:34.
Big Myke
Old 02-06-2009 , 09:58   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #25

Thanks for the update and it's now applied to my server. =) So you're saying that that if we use this pluggin, we cannot use KAC and the like?
grandwazir
Old 02-06-2009 , 11:25   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
Thanks for the update and it's now applied to my server. =) So you're saying that that if we use this pluggin, we cannot use KAC and the like?
Well I had a read through the VBAC code and it checks for sv_cheats 1 on the client side. If it decided to check while someone's HUD when it was hidden (and sv_cheats clientside on) it would ban them for cheating. I know KAC does similar checks as well.

It is not so much you can not use them together, you technically can, but I strongly recommend you do not. Players may get banned for cheating because of what Blind Luck needs to do to hide the HUD and that is not fair on them.
Waukeen
Old 02-06-2009 , 12:22   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #27

Ok question here I have added this to my server and it will not work without sv_cheats being enabled. I would really like to have this working but sv_cheats is a no go on my server as I dont want to tempt people that way. Any suggestions?

I have seen some people got it working without cheats and others havent. Thanks for help.
grandwazir
Old 02-06-2009 , 15:08   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Ok question here I have added this to my server and it will not work without sv_cheats being enabled. I would really like to have this working but sv_cheats is a no go on my server as I dont want to tempt people that way. Any suggestions?

I have seen some people got it working without cheats and others havent. Thanks for help.
I think you might be using the old version. The latest version works with sv_cheats off.

What this plugin does is turn clientside sv_cheats on while it hides the HUD. This is necessary as there is no other way to hide the HUD at this time. It turns them off when the HUD is restored. In this brief period of time clients could use activate wireframe rendering etc. What they can not do is use any cheat commands which would otherwise affect the game i.e god mode, noclip, give ammo as the server won't let them.

In short while the HUD is hidden they can use client cheat commands that only affect themselves. All the useful cheat commands will not work because they go through the server first. The window of opportunity of them to exploit this is very small and it probably won't help them anyway when they are being chewed on by zombies.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-06-2009 at 15:14.
Waukeen
Old 02-06-2009 , 17:48   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #29

Ok fair enough updated and it works great. Been wanting something liek this for a long time. Much thanks will let you know if there are any issues that I find with it. Again thanks.
djromero
Old 02-08-2009 , 01:58   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandwazir View Post
I think you might be using the old version. The latest version works with sv_cheats off.

What this plugin does is turn clientside sv_cheats on while it hides the HUD. This is necessary as there is no other way to hide the HUD at this time. It turns them off when the HUD is restored. In this brief period of time clients could use activate wireframe rendering etc. What they can not do is use any cheat commands which would otherwise affect the game i.e god mode, noclip, give ammo as the server won't let them.

In short while the HUD is hidden they can use client cheat commands that only affect themselves. All the useful cheat commands will not work because they go through the server first. The window of opportunity of them to exploit this is very small and it probably won't help them anyway when they are being chewed on by zombies.
Hum ... but if sv_cheats is turned on .... infected humans can spawn a lot of tanks and witches on them, can't they??