Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

6pack
BANNED
Old 12-02-2006 , 11:59   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Can You just find in Your logs the keyword "[META] dll: Loaded plugin" and post that part of Your log (even if You cannot see there any error)?
For now I am using the all in one from the link in your signature and it is working fine. I will study it later to igure out what I am doing wrong but in your download the spawn preset folder is located in the wrong place. It should be amxmodx/configs/csdm? It is that way for the mod itself.
You have it as amxmodx/csdm
Either way I have it placed in both places anyway.

New problem, preset spawns ares not working
I have it as "spawnmode = preset"
but eveyone keeps spawning at reguler spawn points and the plugin for that is running
here is what the log says
Code:
L 12/02/2006 - 10:52:49: [csdm_spawn_preset.amxx] No spawn points file found (addons/amxmodx/configs\csdm\de_dust2.spawns.cfg)
6pack
BANNED
Old 12-02-2006 , 12:12   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Sorry for some reason the edit button is not working for me.
Enclosed in the attached files are 2 folders. The csdm folder by Bailopan is from the download from this site and the other is from KWO's all in one download.
I used the 1 from Bailopan and preset spawns are working fine but the other by KWO does not work at all. There is an obvious difference between the 2 folders (names for preset files)
Just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Also I thought I read somewhere that preset spawn files from version 1.70, 2.00 should work with the currant mod?
Attached Files
File Type: zip kwo_bailopan_csdm.zip (131.6 KB, 218 views)
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-02-2006 , 16:17   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Few days ago I realised that the csdm folder for CSDM 2.1 is not at all in my All-In-One...That one You found there in amxmodx folder is ... for old CSDM 1.70.30x (that one is still there for old CS1.5 users)... I just forgot to put the new folder with new files. The problem is - for some reason Bailopan (or someone from CSDM dev team) decided to change the name of files containing spawn presets. Probably to clearly name the file to say the user what the file is containing inside. In the old CSDM 1.70.30x the spawns were defined in the files csdm_mapname.cfg. Now they are called mapname.spawns.cfg - so that's the reason - if if You moved old files into the right place the spawn files aren't loaded. I've been busy working on beta CSDM 2.1d - so I haven't had time to update All-In-One. I'll update it after few minutes (I hope). Just check the upload time I'm writting - then redownload it. It will have the version number 2.8b (currenty there is 2.8a).
The presets spawn from 1.70.xxx are working for current version, but they have to be renamed (as I said above).

[EDIT]
OK - All-In-One package is updated to the version 2.8b and it should contain now the correct config files for CSDM 2.1 in right place. The old files for old CSDM 1.70.3xxx are still in amxmodx\csdm folder (for CS1.5 and CSDM 1.70.30x users).
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 12-02-2006 at 16:50.
Maurice
Old 12-10-2006 , 11:43   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Hi first i've to say thank you to BAILOPAN and his team for making the CSDM addon. I tested a lot with CSDM 2.1 but i cant get it configurerd that the start weapon (glock18 or usp) from players disapear when they choice with the CSDM menu a secondary weapon. Also when the round is over and people respawn while they ended the last round a live and choices a different primary/secondary weapon, the dropped weapon(s) stays on the ground. When i pick up this droped weapons and drop them again they now disapear!
Because i'm using the CSDM addon on a 32 player server there are laying some times 32 x (respawn time) weapons on the ground. This makes enormes lagg for the server and the clients aswell. Now i'm using round times of 2 minutes to reduce the maximum numer on ground laying weapons.

I can't believe i missed something in the configuration of the csdm.cfg and i hope someone have an answer on the problem i'm dealing with.

Here are my system specifications:
AmxModX 1.76.b
MetaMod 1.19p28
CSDM 2.1

Running the following CSDM plugins:
csdm_main.amxx
csdm_equip.amxx
csdm_misc.amxx
csdm_protection.amxx

And using the following settings in the csdm.cfg
enabled 1
strip_weapons "1"
weapons_stay "0"
remove_bomb "0"
remove_objectives ""
block_buy "1"

regards,
Maurice
www.counterstrike.be

Last edited by Maurice; 12-10-2006 at 15:46.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-10-2006 , 15:31   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Please, backup Your original CSDM 2.1 files and try that beta I've posted, then let me know if Your problems are gone. But write it in that topic dedicated beta. If You will experience some other problems with my beta - switch back to original CSDM 2.1 .
SkullD
Old 12-13-2006 , 15:30   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

So I'm helping run a server that I want to get this deathmatch running on, but the thing is, is that most likely the mod will not be enabled the whole time, only when we want to play it. Now the other day I installed 2.0 mainly because I didn't want to install 1.76b yet (currently running 1.75a). After disabling it through amxx.cfg with csdm_active 0 it was apparently causing the server to max out it's CPU usage and make it so map objectives were unable to be done. We have a Nuclear Fallout server and one of the employees there plays on our server a lot and helps us run the server as well and he said that it took a lot of work to fully disable all of the Deathmatch plugins so they would not effect the server anymore.

Basically I'm wondering if 2.1 is now easier to completely enable and disable on the fly with just an rcon csdm_active 0/1 than it was in 2.0. And would disabling it involve going into the plugins.ini and manually disabling all of the CSDM plugins there?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-13-2006 , 15:59   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

2.1 beta is basically more flexible with enabling/disabling "in fly". It requires AMX X 1.76b. CSDM 2.0 is no longer supported. If You can see any inconveniance with the beta - please write it clearly in that topic dedicated beta version. Also You can write there any Your comments even if everything will be working correctly for You. Since 2.0 You cannot enable/disable CSDM by csdm_active 1/0 cvar. You need to use CSDM menu (You should see it at the last page of amxmodmenu) or csdm_enable / csdm_disable console commands.

Last edited by KWo; 12-13-2006 at 16:02.
6pack
BANNED
Old 01-05-2007 , 19:42   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Sorry for this stupid/noob question.....how do I make the round time last for the time I specify in the server.cfg file? As of now it just goes on and on
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-05-2007 , 21:56   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

Go to csdm.cfg and find that:
[misc]
;Map objectives are removed by their flags.
; a - as_ maps
; b - buyzones are removed
; c - cs_ maps
; d - de_ maps
remove_objectives = abcd

and change the last line to

remove_objectives = b
soccdoodcss
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2007 , 17:49   Re: Counter-Strike Deathmatch 2.1 (CSDM) Released!

I love this plugin so much... Thanks for the plugin, and for being so helpful and patient with everyone. Im sure they all appreciate it as much as I do.
Send a message via AIM to soccdoodcss
Closed Thread