Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2014 , 11:30   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindexg View Post
I have kmy db for stats on kinda cheap and bad server. At the end of the round sometimes the server lags (like for 2 seconds feels like the server is dead). So I'm asking: are the rankings stats getting uploaded to db at the end of the round (so I can get a new one and solve the probleme) or does it lag for some other reason? It also goes rebooting sometimes when the server full...
Ratings are fetch on round start if they haven't been fetched already.

It's been switched to happen asynchronously in the development version, though, which should help.
Old 08-26-2014 , 19:12   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #272

Ayo, splewis I hate to ask you again for help but it seems the advertisements plugins are all pretty out of date...I have gotten version 0.6 working but none of the colors seem to work, and 0.7 isnt csgo supported with morecolors.inc...any advice on how to setup these messages, idk if maybe since the release of 0.6 colors.inc has been updated? Your plugin as well as everything on my surf server displays using all kinds of nice colors, but searching this forum and google hasn't really explained much on this kindof thing.

Or might I ask you for your "super simple plugin" for messages lol

The only real working color is {LightGreen} and it shows up in purple haha

EDIT: Ok so I know my programming for the most part (C++/JAVA) and im taking a look at some basic mods, like the knife upgrade plugin, and it seems I could write a basic plugin as long as i include a modified colors.inc, I would probably just use the csgocolors.inc file that the knife plugin uses....So with that and using the predefined function LoadTranslations from the sourcemod library, couldn't I just completely redo this whole plugin? Is that the way you did yours? And my last question would be the only thing im not seeing is how you would go about creating the interval between messages, that seems like the complicated part....Maybe its possible to update Advertisements 0.6 by including the csgocolors.inc or a modified colors.inc file?

Throwing alot at you here, somewhat of a rant, but from looking it seems as though a ton of people are looking for a functional advertisement plugin for csgo that supports all the colors it now has access too.

Last edited by YourMomSE; 08-26-2014 at 19:46.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2014 , 22:51   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #273

Since I use the same messages across servers, I just hardcore all the things into the plugin, so it looks something like:

Code:
public OnPluginStart() {
    CreateTimer(70.0, Timer_PrintMessage, _, TIMER_REPEAT);
}

public Action:Timer_PrintMessage(Handle:timer) {
    for (new i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++) {
        if (!IsPlayer(i))
            continue;

new choice = GetRandomInt(1, 2);
        switch(choice) {
            case 1: Multi1v1Message(i, "Type {GREEN}guns {NORMAL}into chat to select new weapons.");
            case 2: Multi1v1Message(i, "You can check out your stats at {GREEN}csgo1v1.splewis.net 
        }
    }
    return Plugin_Continue;
}

Multi1v1Message is a native from the multi1v1 plugin and colorizes things for me. You could just write \x04 instead of {GREEN} and use PrintToChat though.

I just did the random thing since I was being lazy. It's probably better to cycle messages.
Old 08-27-2014 , 08:46   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMomSE View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before, I haven't read the entire thread, but as for the gametypes problem, I have my server set at Classic Casual, and all I had to change was the maplist.txt, mapcycle.txt, and gamemodes_server.txt ...in gamemodes_server.txt I just changed the mapgroupsMP to "mg_arena" under "casual" which i have set as the mapgroup at the bottom....I have attached my gamemodes_server.txt file in this post for everyone having problems, hope that helps you guys out. The one major problem I have seen with this gamemodes_server.txt file is that the example file they give you to rename and use has errors. Mine had to extra brackets in the file that was causing the whole file to not execute at all. The one I have linked is the one im running currently on my server which works fine.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes you get weird errors on map change for no reason (thanks volvo), but what has basically solved every problem is having all my maps connected to a webserver for FastDL....for whatever reason when i set this up the other night, nobody ever had an issue getting the map or crashing....

The one question I have for splewis or anyone else, "I am not an expert, im just getting going in this server creation and hosting process", but the only thing that is not happening in the server is that it does not say in chat "Type !stats etc to see your stats" and "Type guns, to select your guns" like it does in your video and in other arena servers ive tried.....Am i missing something simple or is there like a file I need?

Also thanks a bunch of this plugin, it is amazing and runs so easy on first install...

GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".

I'm using your file and it solved map issues.

But sometimes at random time the server like diables himself.

Everybody is getting that error and says something like the game is not avaible.

Only restart helps.

Can anybody send here, pls
-server launch options
-server.cfg
-gamemodes.txt
-gamemodes_server.txt

Last edited by lindexg; 08-27-2014 at 17:27.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2014 , 06:41   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
I believe I tried running that plugin with the multi1v1 plugin on my private server and it began crashing when there were multiple players on the server - similar things happened when I tried to give the other types of knifes.

A related issue is the p2k/usp weirdness. You get whichever one you selected in the menu on T, but you get your inventory-selected one on CT. Oddly enough, the same doesn't happen with M4 choices. You always get the one you selected in the guns menu.
Yeah, I was having both these issues, as well. As I said earlier, that's one of the most highly requested features that I hear from users, and while you certainly have a monopoly on this game type I think it would make it even more popular than it already is.

Quote:
A brief look at h3bus' deathmatch plugin made me suspect getting all the kinks with weapons worked out may be a relatively involved task.
I was afraid that would be the case.
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2014 , 10:04   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
Good question. I've experimented with some things, but haven't really gotten anything working.

I believe I tried running that plugin with the multi1v1 plugin on my private server and it began crashing when there were multiple players on the server - similar things happened when I tried to give the other types of knifes.

A related issue is the p2k/usp weirdness. You get whichever one you selected in the menu on T, but you get your inventory-selected one on CT. Oddly enough, the same doesn't happen with M4 choices. You always get the one you selected in the guns menu.

A brief look at h3bus' deathmatch plugin made me suspect getting all the kinks with weapons worked out may be a relatively involved task.

The weapon-giving logic is <20 lines right now (https://github.com/splewis/csgo-mult...atives.sp#L121), and I imagine it might have to get a whole lot longer to get that stuff added.
My code can be really harsh as it uses a lot of internal method for handling weapon, but this is not that hard.

In fact what happen there is that:
- if you are trying to give a weapon that has two possibilities for one loadout slot (eg: p2000/usp)
- and if the slot is defined for the current team of the player your giving the weapon
then the game will give the weapon (and skin) that is selected by the loadout slot.

However if you are CT and receiving an Ak, you won't get your skin.

Thus my logic when I give a weapon:
- I have a DB which tells me on which team a weapon is available in loadout (possible values T/CT/Both)
- If current player's team is not equal to the DB, I change its team props (This can be done without actually switching the team if player is set back to its actual team before the next frame, otherwise server may crash)
- I give the weapon
- As the weapon might be overriden by loadout slot (eg P2000/USP), I check the the given weapon definition index matches the expected one. If not, I switch again the team so that player will get the expected weapon (with no skin), then kill the badly given weapon and give it again.
- I switch back the player to its original team.
dv9unknown
Old 08-28-2014 , 16:14   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindexg View Post
I have kmy db for stats on kinda cheap and bad server. At the end of the round sometimes the server lags (like for 2 seconds feels like the server is dead). So I'm asking: are the rankings stats getting uploaded to db at the end of the round (so I can get a new one and solve the probleme) or does it lag for some other reason? It also goes rebooting sometimes when the server full...
I had that same problem with my shared hosting plan. I moved it onto my private VPS.

xiaou
Old 08-29-2014 , 02:30   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #278

Hi, This plugin is awesome, but when I added Chinese tranlastion, it not working and its still english. I have already set the sourcemod language to Chinese.
And my webinterface not showing top15 players but when I search players, it works fine.

Please help me. Thank you!
dv9unknown
Old 08-29-2014 , 03:11   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaou View Post
Hi, This plugin is awesome, but when I added Chinese tranlastion, it not working and its still english. I have already set the sourcemod language to Chinese.
And my webinterface not showing top15 players but when I search players, it works fine.

Please help me. Thank you!
I should have made this clear in the read me (I'll update it now), but players need to have played 200 rounds or more before they are listed in the top 15 list.

xiaou
Old 08-29-2014 , 04:33   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv9unknown View Post
I should have made this clear in the read me (I'll update it now), but players need to have played 200 rounds or more before they are listed in the top 15 list.
Thank you! I would like to use the translation but I couldn't compile the latest version on github.
error messages
Code:
// include/multi1v1.inc : error 001: expected token: ")", but found "-identifier-"
// include/multi1v1.inc : error 001: expected token: "';", but found "-identifier-"
// include/multi1v1.inc : error 001: expected token: ")", but found "-identifier-"
// include/multi1v1.inc : error 001: expected token: "';", but found "-identifier-"
Please help me.