Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"

Post New Thread Reply   

Aleksvarme
Old 08-04-2022 , 09:12   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Did you change your rcon password to an empty string?

So the that exact text isn't in any AMX Mod X default plugin so either you have a corrupt version of a default plugin or one of your other plugins is doing the actual ban. So, I would recommend upgrading AMX Mod X to 1.9.0 if at all possible from the official source so that you can be sure the plugins aren't corrupted.

Based on the name of one of your extra plugins, I suspect that the this ban command is coming from your "adminchk" plugin. Please provide the source code for that plugin so we can check it for malicious code.
I added admins with SteamID and didn't put anything in the password. Where I can find rcon password settings?
As for the source code of this plugin, I only have the .amxx file Sorry to take up so much time

Last edited by Aleksvarme; 08-04-2022 at 10:30.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2022 , 00:15   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksvarme View Post
I added admins with SteamID and didn't put anything in the password. Where I can find rcon password settings?
As for the source code of this plugin, I only have the .amxx file Sorry to take up so much time
Either one of your admins is using commands in that plugin and it doesn't log who uses the commands or there is a backdoor in the plugin potentially allowing a hacker to access anything on your server.

For this reason, you should never use a plugin that you can't compile yourself. Where did you get this plugin?

The rcon password is usually set in server.cfg. It's stored in the "rcon_password" cvar.
Old 08-05-2022 , 06:32   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Either one of your admins is using commands in that plugin and it doesn't log who uses the commands or there is a backdoor in the plugin potentially allowing a hacker to access anything on your server.

For this reason, you should never use a plugin that you can't compile yourself. Where did you get this plugin?

The rcon password is usually set in server.cfg. It's stored in the "rcon_password" cvar.
I have only one admins and it's me, I downloaded all the plugins from this forum
Aleksvarme
Old 08-05-2022 , 15:03   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:

I did everything you tell me I reinstalled amxmodx to 1.9.0 version I add rcon password to "" and downloaded all the plugins from this forum but still the same problem
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2022 , 20:42   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
I have only one admins and it's me, I downloaded all the plugins from this forum
That's not true if you don't have the source code for the adminchk.amxx. Remove this file.
Old 08-06-2022 , 08:12   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
That's not true if you don't have the source code for the adminchk.amxx. Remove this file.
I removed so will this help?
Aleksvarme
Old 08-06-2022 , 09:47   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
It didn't help
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2022 , 00:43   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
It didn't help
Then it's in another one of the plugins you're running. Either one of the custom ones or one of the default plugins you're using isn't actually the real AMX Mod X plugin.
Old 08-07-2022 , 07:18   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Then it's in another one of the plugins you're running. Either one of the custom ones or one of the default plugins you're using isn't actually the real AMX Mod X plugin.
I reinstalled amxmodx as you said to version 1.9.0 and I also disabled all my custom plugins but same problem any ideas?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2022 , 16:35   Re: server kicks players with reason "added to banned list"
Reply With Quote #20

Show the output of the following server commands (put the result of each in [code][/code] tags):

Code:
meta version
meta list
amxx version
amxx list
Makes sure that this is without any custom plugins, only the default AMX Mod X plugins.