Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.21) [07-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-03-2022 , 14:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.3) [03-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #11

This must have messed up with the new entity that commons attack. Before the change I tested it was working in L4D1. Will look into it.

Edit:
Code:
1.4 (03-June-2022)
    - L4D1: Fixed the planks not showing, however Infected do not attack the barrier. Thanks to "finishlast" for reporting.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-03-2022 at 17:52.
Maur0
Old 06-03-2022 , 19:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.4) [03-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #12

Silvers - Thanks for keeping this plugin updated, I really have a lot of fun with it. Still I have two issues to correct and a suggestion.

1) There are windows that cannot be boarded. Here are:
No Mercy Map 5: I do know they shouldn't be put in because they don't have windows to break. So I don't know if they can be added.
Death Toll Map 5: Missing to put in the boathouse.
Blood Harvest Map 5: Downstairs, there are windows that cannot be boarded. Top if you can put them.

2) When you upgraded Common Infected to attack planks. The Special Infected Bots are missing, especially for the Tank. Since it happens that when there are 4 planks left and the Special Infected or Tank cannot find another alternative route, they are forced to get stuck in the 4 planks and inadvertently break them. Hope you know how to fix this.

3) Last and suggestion: If it is possible to add boards to the walls broken by the infected. Those that are destroyed and leave a hole that can pass. And I thought that planks should be added to that.

Already with all this. I think the plugin is now complete. I hope you can do what you can and I'll set you free. ;)

Edit: Another last thing. If you want, you can add so that the Admins have access so that they are the only ones to put the boards and not another person who does not belong to the flags.

Last edited by Maur0; 06-03-2022 at 19:20.
Silvers
Old 06-03-2022 , 22:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.4) [03-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur0 View Post
Silvers - Thanks for keeping this plugin updated, I really have a lot of fun with it. Still I have two issues to correct and a suggestion.

1) There are windows that cannot be boarded. Here are:
No Mercy Map 5: I do know they shouldn't be put in because they don't have windows to break. So I don't know if they can be added.
Death Toll Map 5: Missing to put in the boathouse.
Blood Harvest Map 5: Downstairs, there are windows that cannot be boarded. Top if you can put them.

2) When you upgraded Common Infected to attack planks. The Special Infected Bots are missing, especially for the Tank. Since it happens that when there are 4 planks left and the Special Infected or Tank cannot find another alternative route, they are forced to get stuck in the 4 planks and inadvertently break them. Hope you know how to fix this.

3) Last and suggestion: If it is possible to add boards to the walls broken by the infected. Those that are destroyed and leave a hole that can pass. And I thought that planks should be added to that.

Already with all this. I think the plugin is now complete. I hope you can do what you can and I'll set you free. ;)

Edit: Another last thing. If you want, you can add so that the Admins have access so that they are the only ones to put the boards and not another person who does not belong to the flags.

1. Fixed. Some windows are not actual window entities and cannot be built on even when broken.

2. Too much work to change AI behavior just for this. Won't fix.

3. Maybe if I can find a good method to detect which walls can be destroyed. Only ones I can think of are too complicated and too much effort.

Done admin flags.

Code:
1.5 (04-June-2022)
    - Added cvar "l4d_barricade_flags" to only allow users with specific flags to build barricades. Requested by "Maur0".
    - Added more windows that can be barricaded. Thanks to "Maur0" for reporting.
Old 06-04-2022 , 01:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.5) [04-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #14

Silvers - Oh perfect! Thanks a lot! I am already 100% complete. Good work!

Yes, the only downside is that Special Infected and Tank can't break the boards, but at least one human player can. Well at least the Commons can try to break it.

Thank you very much for all your effort and for this great plugin
Toranks
Old 06-04-2022 , 03:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.5) [04-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #15

I put 1000 damage for the tank to the planks and effectively blew it out in one hit. Luckily my teammates attract him to the outside and he didn't corner me in a dead end.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2022 , 01:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.5) [04-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
I put 1000 damage for the tank to the planks and effectively blew it out in one hit. Luckily my teammates attract him to the outside and he didn't corner me in a dead end.
It starts with 500 health. 1000 > 500 so it takes 1 hit to destroy the planks.

Discord: Eyal282#1334
Toranks
Old 06-07-2022 , 01:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.5) [04-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
It starts with 500 health. 1000 > 500 so it takes 1 hit to destroy the planks.
I mentioned it because Maur0 said that the tank could not break the plancks

Last edited by Toranks; 06-07-2022 at 02:00.
Shao
Old 06-18-2022 , 04:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.13) [16-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #18

This is quite an impressive one, though I have some questions feature wise..

How is the progress bar meant to be used exactly? Only for the start?

Are the animations supposed to be visible for yourself or only other players? This is honestly a really good touch btw. If it could be looped and visible to the user itself that'd be quite nice.

Would it be possible to block the ability to use weapons while building as a cvar? Adds greatly to the teamwork aspect of the game since otherwise planks can be added without much trouble while killing infected.
Silvers
Old 06-18-2022 , 06:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.13) [16-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
This is quite an impressive one, though I have some questions feature wise..

How is the progress bar meant to be used exactly? Only for the start?

Are the animations supposed to be visible for yourself or only other players? This is honestly a really good touch btw. If it could be looped and visible to the user itself that'd be quite nice.

Would it be possible to block the ability to use weapons while building as a cvar? Adds greatly to the teamwork aspect of the game since otherwise planks can be added without much trouble while killing infected.
Progress bar shows for duration of building.

Anims visible to self, dont know about others I suppose it should be, it's a button that's being used. Maybe can be looped with gamedata and SDKCalls or something, not something I'm going to do.

You can use weapons while building? Maybe you have another plugin allowing this.

Edit: I have a new version that hides the worldmodel of the weapon, it also makes the player think they have nothing in their hand so maybe this would work to prevent shooting, although I still think that's a plugin conflict since I cannot shoot when I try. If you want to PM me your discord or steam and I can send.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-18-2022 at 07:34.
Silvers
Old 06-20-2022 , 01:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Barricades - Doors and Windows (1.14) [20-Jun-2022]
Reply With Quote #20

Code:
1.14 (20-June-2022)
    - Added a data config to specify positions where there are no doors to allow building barricades in that spot.
    - Added commands "sm_barricade_add" and "sm_barricade_del" to save and delete entries from the data config.
    - L4D2: Plugin now hides the weapon world model when building a barricade.
    - L4D2: Tanks now attack the planks. Thanks to "Lux" for finding the solution.
    - L4D2: Special Infected now attack the planks.