Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-17-2015 , 19:25   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #171

Anyone know of the location in the source to select for zones to be auto OFF rather than ON after a server restart? There is a cvar showing to enable the plugin but I don't see where you can enable the zones off upon map reset or server restart by default.
Schpraaankiii
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2015 , 20:44   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
Anyone know of the location in the source to select for zones to be auto OFF rather than ON after a server restart? There is a cvar showing to enable the plugin but I don't see where you can enable the zones off upon map reset or server restart by default.
If you just want all zones to be deactivated upon map/server start why dont you just deactivate the plugin with sm_zones_enable (just add it to the csgo/cfg/server.cfg or csgo/cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg to be loaded on map/server start) ?
If you just want one zone to be deactivated you could deactivate it by name with sm_diactzone

Last edited by Schpraaankiii; 05-17-2015 at 20:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to Schpraaankiii
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-17-2015 , 20:46   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpraaankiii View Post
If you just want all zones to be deactivated upon map/server start why dont you just deactivate the plugin with sm_zones_enable (just add it to the csgo/cfg/server.cfg or csgo/cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg to be loaded on map/server start) ?
If you just want one zone to be deactivated you could deactivate it by name with sm_diactzone

You didn't understand what I asked..and this is being used for TF2.

What I'm saying is upon a server/map restart all the zones are default ON..... I want them defaulted OFF. sm_zones_enable just enables the plugin itself not the zones.

Case in point... someone with sm_diactzone access may not be available upon a fresh server reset/map restart to turn them back off. I only need to turn them on when I'm doing certain things not on all the time.

Last edited by Horsedick; 05-17-2015 at 20:47.
Schpraaankiii
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2015 , 20:52   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
You didn't understand what I asked..and this is being used for TF2.

What I'm saying is upon a server/map restart all the zones are default ON..... I want them defaulted OFF. sm_zones_enable just enables the plugin itself not the zones.

Case in point... someone with sm_diactzone access may not be available upon a fresh server reset/map restart to turn them back off. I only need to turn them on when I'm doing certain things not on all the time.
Well, the cfgs should execute the same way even for TF2 (?)
No one needs to be present to execute the commands if you just add them to the cfgs, and then you can turn them on again when doing "certain things".

I must be missing something here... It seams so easy to me to just add the zones by name with diactzone to an autoexec file. What am I missing?

Last edited by Schpraaankiii; 05-17-2015 at 20:58.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-17-2015 , 21:00   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpraaankiii View Post
Well, the cfgs should execute the same way even for TF2 (?)
No one needs to be present to execute the commands if you just add them to the cfgs, and then you can turn them on again when doing "certain things".

I must be missing something here... It seams so easy to me to just add the zones by name with diactzone to an autoexec file. What am I missing?
Right but again you can't do it like that

Quote:
  • sm_actzone - Activates a zone (by name)
  • sm_diactzone - Diactivates a zone (by name)
That is what you have and you need to be present on the server to bring up the menu if you have access to turn on and off. Executing a cvar to enable the plugin is not what I'm wanting.

All I want to do is find in the source where the thing has the zones enabled by DEFAULT and to alter it to be disabled. So I mean that is what I'm asking for not what you are offering.
Schpraaankiii
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2015 , 21:08   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
Right but again you can't do it like that

That is what you have and you need to be present on the server to bring up the menu if you have access to turn on and off. Executing a cvar to enable the plugin is not what I'm wanting.

All I want to do is find in the source where the thing has the zones enabled by DEFAULT and to alter it to be disabled. So I mean that is what I'm asking for not what you are offering.
I don't think there are many other great alternatives here. I still don't see why you think someone need to be present to open any menus. Just add the zones one by one to a .cfg with sm_diactzone "zone1", etc... They would be executed through the console so there is noone that would have to be present, open any menus or have any accessflags.

An other way might be switching the punishment of all zones to a custom that does not do anything. That too can be done by using a autoexec .cfg with this command sm_zones_punishment

Last edited by Schpraaankiii; 05-17-2015 at 21:09.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-17-2015 , 22:04   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #177

The best alternative is to find in the code where it defaults them on and change it..that's what I'm gonna do if I can figure out where its at.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2015 , 09:15   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #178

AcceptEntityInput(.*, "Enable");

and then backtrack codeflow

Last edited by Chdata; 05-18-2015 at 09:16.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2015 , 19:32   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
AcceptEntityInput(.*, "Enable");

and then backtrack codeflow
I see two locations for AcceptEntityInput - one for activatezone and another for DiactivateZone - I'm going to assume just changing the activatezone to "Disable" should do the trick?
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2015 , 00:16   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #180

for the push players back punishment, on the TF2 end, it can be circumvented with a grapple hook.