[CS:S] Ammo From Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2015 , 16:41   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #181

"Gamedata free" version are possible?

Edit:
It seems like only the original version do this freezes. This version works me with a quick test:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=174

Last edited by pubhero; 09-24-2015 at 23:41.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2015 , 15:14   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #182

When I get time, I'll look to see if I can change to a gamedata free version - we'll see.
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2015 , 15:15   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #183

Thank you for your work.
I have an idea, if you are interested.
Can you or some other coder adding a new function for this plugin?
In my opinion these new functions would be good for public servers.
I mean this (CS:S):

- T and CT ammo packs in different color with convar settings. T = red CT = Blue (afd_colors 0 = turn off this function)

- T can picking up only the T ammo packs and CT can picking up only the CT ammo packs. (afd_team_restriction 0 = turn off this function)

- Give health points for the ammo packs with a cvar (like afd_ammopack_hp 0 = turn off this function). So if the player shoot the ammo pack, he can shooting out that (with a little explosion, or other effect).

- But the player must be paying for destroy these packs, if the server owner want that. Any hit on these packs = -x HP from the attacker player. With a convar (afd_destroy_punishment 0 = turn off this function)

Judgement?

Last edited by pubhero; 09-26-2015 at 15:20.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2015 , 16:31   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #184

sounds like some solid ideas. Maybe someone with more time could add those to this plugin. I will try and get some time tomorrow to work on reported bugs with this and another plugin and if I have time, I'll work on an update to this with your suggestions - all optional and configurable, and by default, disabled.
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2015 , 02:54   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Attached 0.2.1.5

Fixed the CVars for model files and removed requirement for SMLib include file for compiling. Added the required SMLib functions directly to the SP file.

Still requires include files for updater and autoexecconfig (attached)

compiles with SM 1.7.1
Any news?
I found some bugs in this version. Many times, the player can't pick up ammo, or the plugin not delete the empty ammo racks. No error messages, just that thing happen. Again and again. Anyone can repairing this?
pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2016 , 10:02   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #186

ver. 0.2.1.8 do freezes for the CS:S server. I have an older version, the ver. 0.2.1.5 and that version work for me without freezing. why?
Latest MM and SM snapshots. No log or error messages. Just freezing the server.

Last edited by pubhero; 11-01-2016 at 10:02.
Shadowysn
Old 11-28-2022 , 02:07   Re: [CS:S] Ammo From Dead
Reply With Quote #187

Jesus, I don't think I've seen the author of the plugin straight-up abandon the first post to add new features in newer posts that get buried underneath and require people to actively search through them.

I thought the first gamedata-less version (StrikerMan's) was ignored, but turns out even the gamedata-less feature is put on a different post than on the main post.
And to top it all off, the forks' versions match the first post's 'outdated' versions even though they're obviously not the same.

Why? This is confounding.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 11-28-2022 at 06:46.
Shadowysn
Old 11-28-2022 , 07:17   [CS:S] Ammo From Dead updated/merged
Reply With Quote #188

Version 0.2.1.9

* Gamedata-less and SMLIB-less - by Shadowysn (I didn't find StrikerMan's version or the GD-less fork by TnTSCS until I finished this edit by myself sorry)
* Updater functionality removed since plugin has not seen any updates in a long time.
It can still be re-enabled by USE_UPDATER define. - by Shadowysn

= TnTSCS FORK MERGE
+ Added ability to change scale of models (requested by Allower)
+ Added ability to use and send custom models to the download table

= TnTSCS FORK MERGE
+ Added weapon_knife to ignore list

= TnTSCS FORK MERGE
+ Enhanced ammo box model scale to have separate values for Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns.

* Fixed the physics of the scaled models not being scaled as well, causing the 'floaty' issue described in
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=176 - by Shadowysn

= Suggested by pubhero:
+ Team-based color can be applied to the ammo boxes using sm_afd_color_t and sm_afd_color_ct cvars - by Shadowysn
+ Team-based pickup restriction functionality, use sm_afd_team_restrict - by Shadowysn
+ Ammo can now have velocity/damage parameters set with the sm_afd_damagemode cvar - by Shadowysn
+ Ammo can now have health which takes effect in sm_afd_damagemode 2, using the sm_afd_health cvar.
When destroyed, dust particle effects and broken brass/shells based on ammo count will be spawned.
NOTE: These effects will not be spawned if the ammo box wasn't shot or exploded - by Shadowysn

No #include autoexecconfig or any of it's functions since original base plugin doesn't come with it.
Updater is disabled as well meaning it won't use Updater functionality if possible.
At least for Updater though, you can re-enable it by setting the USE_UPDATER define to 1 and compiling.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ammo_from_dead.sp - 85 views - 47.5 KB)