Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2009 , 20:15   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #101

Might need an option to stop a sound once its playing in case they dont like a song.

onlyamd
Old 11-04-2009 , 21:33   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #102

Thought the command was !jboff
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2009 , 21:41   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #103

Its not in the menu when you type !jb

SirLamer
Old 11-04-2009 , 22:39   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #104

Quick message, you're right that I utterly borked the menu. I'm sorry I missed this; I think I only tested with "play random".

I'm working on it. More info and more specific answers to everyone when I have a fix ready to post. For now, use jukebox.smx from 0.5.0.0 and it will work fine, but with lag spiking.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
onlyamd
Old 11-04-2009 , 23:18   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #105

Any idea why that error was coming up in the logs....looking for "default" when it should be jukebox??
SirLamer
Old 11-05-2009 , 17:43   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #106

Attached is an upgrade to version 0.5.1.1 which corrects a glaring problem preventing the menu system from working. It also corrects a couple other identified issues from DontWannaName's error log.

I also decided to stop bundling in a text file equivalent of the PDF support manual that is distributed with Jukebox. I was doing it for universal compatibility reasons, but I'm sick of copying edits over to it. If you can't open a PDF file, I guess it's time to join the 21st century and download Adobe Acrobat.

A summary of Jukebox ConVars and commands have been added to the first post as well as the included support manual.
  • Improved the visibility of Jukebox-generated chat box output using an iconic color [JB] label.
    • Added in 0.5.1.0 and missed in the change log.
  • All error messages are now reported through the SourceMod error log instead of the executing user’s console.
    • Added in 0.5.1.0 and missed in the change log.
  • Corrected major design fault in previous release which prevented the menu system from working.
  • Corrected error introduced in previous release which broke the Eavesdrop function.

@DontWannaName:

Thank you for sharing your error log. The first error I cannot track to any issue, but since it's from an old release I'll let it go for now.

Right after map change, you can see an SQL error "Lost connection to MySQL server during query". Seconds after that, it spits out a whole lot of errors about looking up the SQL options. It seems to me that a SQL service disruption caused all those option lookup operations to go haywire. Do you see this event occurring repeatedly in your change log?

The last two errors are real errors that I was able to track and fix. Thanks!

Yes, I can add the cvars to the first post and the included documentation. That is good advice. I will do this.

I don't know any !settings menu, but perhaps you mean the Admin menu? I will look at integrating Jukebox into the admin menu.

It has been suggested before that playback controls appear in the !jb menu when a player opens the menu while listening to music. I intend to do this, but have prioritized some other issues first, such as the lag spike problem. Adding user options to the menu fits my current focus of making Jukebox easier and more transparent for new users to pick up and use. I was struggling with figuring out where to put those control options, since the menu panel is already full. However, as I write this, I think I can justify presenting an alternate menu that appears when playback is occurring that puts focus on playback control, with one option to proceed to the music selection menu that is currently default. I'll try to develop something with this angle.

@onlyamd:

The failed connection error seems to mean that you don't have a defined connection in sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg. I know that before it worked and now it doesn't, and it's true that I made changes to the SQL connection code, but I didn't expect them to break anything. I connect using a connection named "default", and if you use another named connection then it should still work. Also try restarting your server, just to make sure everything is refreshed and that jukebox.cfg is being loaded properly. Please use rcon to make sure that "jb_db_conn_name" is in fact "jukebox". Then, have a look at databases.cfg, make sure it's still populated with a "jukebox" entry and let me know if you're able to resolve the issue from there. I just tested using a non-default connection with the latest build and it worked properly for me.

There is no change to the SQL database this time. I did include a new SQL script, but only because I left in a warning statement regarding the md5 column that no longer applies. If your query still displays this message, it won't make a lick of difference to how it works.

@farmerbill256:

Uploaders can already upload tracks. They can also edit and delete tracks that they themselves uploaded, but no others. Admins can upload and edit all tracks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.5.1.0 to 0.5.1.1.zip (181.8 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by SirLamer; 11-07-2009 at 13:43.
willy1234x1
Old 11-05-2009 , 17:56   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #107

Hey SirLamer, is there anything special in the jukebox.cfg? I already have my cfg files set up.
SirLamer
Old 11-05-2009 , 18:23   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #108

There is never a need to replace your config file. The one included in the main release package is there for reference, and to allow people to edit and insert the config file before SourceMod self-generates a copy. Any missing cvars in your config files assume their default value.

Remember that jukebox.cfg does not overwrite server.cfg or any other config files. It should be placed in (or will be generated into) /cfg/sourcemod/, as is the case for all other SourceMod plugins. Jukebox will get its own config file there.

Last edited by SirLamer; 11-05-2009 at 20:02.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2009 , 23:10   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #109

My servers sometimes do lose connection to my sql, I dont know why as I asked my host but they had no idea why as my forums dont have an issue with the same sql server. Client prefs has a !settings command where you have a sub menu for every plugin which is what im talking about.

SirLamer
Old 11-06-2009 , 04:35   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #110

The forums are probably on te same machine as the SQL server, bt the game server must connect remotely