3% 

[EXTENSION] Late Downloads

Post New Thread Reply   

Backup
Old 03-01-2018 , 08:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya View Post
This seems to be pretty much the same as >this< with more setting possibilities?
latedl uses the same functions to send the files, but also has reliable forward that fires on download completion. The focus is also somewhat different, latedl was ment to be used in such a way that all connected clients has the same files; while filenetmessages is more single-client oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugui View Post
Also, can it manage the downloads of a single player??
Yep, the last parameter for addlatedownload is a optional one that either takes client's index or zero for file broadcast.

Quote:
Maybe there is a way to redirect the traffic.
Nope. There is a entirely different piece of code that handles fastdl during connection. These functions (CNetChan::SendFile) are only used as a fallback option when no fastdl is present.

Quote:
Is it possible to add the ability to request files from client with this extension? Sinse it is more "polished" than the functions dordnung found.
My idea is if it is possible to download demo files from client or even screenshots, to implement some kind of anticheat plugin
I'm not sure whether upload from client still works in newer Valve titles, but even if it would, it would be pretty useless, for multiple of reasons. To download anything from client, you need to know it's full name; and the player would need to tell you that full name (i.e. via setinfo). The only exception is fixed name, like for custom sprays. Idea of downloading screenshots from clients is unreal, since you won't be able to trigger screenshot or demo capture in the first place.
Old 03-01-2018 , 11:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
I'm not sure whether upload from client still works in newer Valve titles, but even if it would, it would be pretty useless, for multiple of reasons. To download anything from client, you need to know it's full name; and the player would need to tell you that full name (i.e. via setinfo). The only exception is fixed name, like for custom sprays. Idea of downloading screenshots from clients is unreal, since you won't be able to trigger screenshot or demo capture in the first place.

Yes, but in theory, if the server can know the file path, can it be pulled?

Last edited by lugui; 03-01-2018 at 12:25.
DJPlaya
Old 03-01-2018 , 16:40   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
>Basically its the same "Function" in the Engine as this Extension here uses, but you do not have any settings so this here is definitly better for uploading to Clients
>You can download anything from inside the Gamefolder, I dont know if this works on CSGO but in TF2 it worked fine and so i guess it does for most of the classy Games.

Ime not exactly sure if its THAT easy to write an anti Cheat that uses demo Files.
The bigger Problem i see is that you do not really have a Way to list Files, and so you need a different Way to gater the demo Filenames or need to invest some more Codelines. I was also thinking of downloading Windows desktop.ini Files but this is going a bit too far, or? ^^
As far as i know the Filename is build out of the
[recording Methode(auto, etc.)}-{Date}-{Record Time}-{Mapname}.dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
Have some Bacon for this
I may edit SM Downloader a bit to implent this Extension

Last edited by DJPlaya; 03-01-2018 at 16:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to DJPlaya
lugui
Old 03-01-2018 , 18:35   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #24

You can prompt to the player a DialogType_Menu. It can trigger any console command on the client such as "record unique_name"

I talking about a competitive scenario. It surely is not viable on public servers, but a automatic POV upload whould be extremely usefull for competitive matches

Last edited by lugui; 03-01-2018 at 18:37.
DJPlaya
Old 03-05-2018 , 14:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
You can prompt to the player a DialogType_Menu. It can trigger any console command on the client such as "record unique_name"

I talking about a competitive scenario. It surely is not viable on public servers, but a automatic POV upload whould be extremely usefull for competitive matches
Beside that this Exploit dosent work in CSGO without hacky Extensions, i would suggest you to install EasyAntiCheat on your competitive Servers. It requires the Users to install an Programm via Steam first, still i think this is the best Solution for your Case when you would even go as far and check the Records made.
Link > https://esports.easyanticheat.net/esports/signup/

Last edited by DJPlaya; 03-05-2018 at 14:29.
Send a message via Skype™ to DJPlaya
xm3kilo
Old 04-15-2018 , 15:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #26

I can't seem to compile this, does anyone have the extension for Windows and csgo?
Cheers
Backup
Old 04-15-2018 , 16:08   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm3kilo View Post
I can't seem to compile this, does anyone have the extension for Windows and csgo?
Cheers
Just download the zip file from the github releases page: https://github.com/jonatan1024/latedl/releases
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2018 , 17:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #28

Hi, Backup!

Thanks a much for your extensions.

Can you please take a look, why I got no files in "build" dir:
Quote:
alex@alex-Lenovo-G710 ~/dev/latedl-master/build $ python ../configure.py --hl2sdk-root=/home/alex/dev/ --mms-path=/home/alex/dev/metamod-source-master/ --sm-path=/home/alex/dev/sourcemod-1.9-dev/ --sdks=csgo
Checking CC compiler (vendor test gcc)... ['cc', 'test.c', '-o', 'test']
found gcc version 5.4
Checking CXX compiler (vendor test gcc)... ['c++', 'test.cpp', '-o', 'testp']
found gcc version 5.4
No errors. But, no .so file.

Also, is it can be build with another's game SDK?

P.S. AMBuildScript script seems not correctly prepared. It require csgo sdk folder should have name "hl2sdk-csgo", but sdk from download link you provided has dir. name "hl2sdk-sdk2013" and can't be found by this python script.

Last edited by Dragokas; 04-30-2018 at 17:54.
Backup
Old 05-01-2018 , 07:14   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Hi, Backup!

Thanks a much for your extensions.

Can you please take a look, why I got no files in "build" dir:

No errors. But, no .so file.

Also, is it can be build with another's game SDK?

P.S. AMBuildScript script seems not correctly prepared. It require csgo sdk folder should have name "hl2sdk-csgo", but sdk from download link you provided has dir. name "hl2sdk-sdk2013" and can't be found by this python script.
You need to run the "ambuild" command afterwards configuring.
I have a compile script on my unix machine that looks like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export HL2SDKCSGO=/home/steam/hl2sdk

cd build
python ../configure.py --mms-path=/home/steam/metamod-source/ --sm-path=/home/steam/sourcemod/ --sdks=csgo --enable-optimize && ambuild
The AMBuildScript expects that you have all the sdks stored in a common directory. If you export an enviromental variable, you can directly specify single sdk. I used only slightly modified version of this file and didn't want to change this behaviour completely, since it would behave differently than every other ambuild project.

It can be build against pretty much every source game sdk, just fetch different sdk repo, export different env var and specify different sdk in the command line.
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2018 , 07:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #30

omg, must run ambuild. Thanks.

Two compilation threads raised errors:
Quote:
1)
In file included from /home/alex/dev/sourcemod-1.9-dev/public/IExtensionSys.h5:0,
from /home/alex/dev/sourcemod-1.9-dev/public/smsdk_ext.h:41,
from /home/alex/dev/latedl-master/extension.h:40,
from /home/alex/dev/latedl-master/extension.cpp2:
/home/alex/dev/sourcemod-1.9-dev/public/IShareSys.h:40:25: fatal error: sp_vm_types.h: No such file or directory
#include <sp_vm_types.h>

2)
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
from /home/alex/dev/sourcemod-1.9-dev/public/smsdk_ext.cpp2:
/usr/include/features.h67:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
Looks like 2 header files is missed.

What SM ver. do you use?