[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

GrossKopf
Old 08-04-2009 , 14:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
6k lines of code ... by all that is unholy and evil o_O
Sooo.. is it fixed? Is the new version up?
Edhmelus
Old 08-04-2009 , 17:00   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #22

The problem being:

You probably didnt seperate infected bots and / or Survivor bots.. Thats the first thing I can think about.

Second thing. I have evidence (a demo of zoey having 2,8K or more HP when I switched over to her in a versus campaign.

The problem being: I think its the unbreakable perk. Remove the pure HP boost and make a multiplier out of it i.e.: If you want them to have 130 HP multiplier is 1.3
tPoncho
Old 08-04-2009 , 19:46   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #23

Thanks for the feedback guys, I apologize for my tardiness on fixing these problems... friend just came in from out of town >_<

@ lekzero: actually, I didn't, so thanks for giving me a lead =) I'm guessing the tank_spawn event isn't being as reliable as I originally assumed, so I'll throw in some more checks before it does anything drastic like giving 3000 health =P and a survivor spawned with zero health? o_O

Also, about the menu only showing survivor perks for both teams in versus... I assumed the HookConVarChange for mp_gamemode woulda picked up changes when a group joins in the server or something, but I guess not. I'll put in some code to check every round start, hopefully that'll fix it...

@ Remmington: you know, when I tested this mod with a few friends way back in earlier development, he kept saying he couldn't hit 6 or 7 on the menu, and I just thought he was being an idiot =P I think I'll add in help text in the menu when I get a chance.

@ Edhmelus: Yeah, I originally didn't do any team checks for the tank_spawn event and the apply juggernaut hp function, so I'm guessing that's our problem there. I don't suspect unbreakable being a problem, but I've written a draft with max health checks anytime someone's health is being modified, so hopefully that'll stop any bugs I haven't debugged from being a game-breaker =P we'll still have to hunt those down though

@ AtomicStryker: Yeah... =P My original plan was for something small, but then something as small as having a damage add turns out to need a bunch of checks and conditions to prevent insta-gibbing (ie, not going from 1 hp to incapped but instead just dying outright), plus I think the menu code takes up a fair bit on its own. Man I hated coding for the menu, so tedious =.=

After I finish the update I'm gonna hafta do a quick test run-through myself to make sure I haven't broken anything in the process, because invariably I break something whenever I try to fix something else ;) I'll post it up late tonight, maybe after midnight, sorry guys
GrossKopf
Old 08-04-2009 , 20:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
Also, about the menu only showing survivor perks for both teams in versus... I assumed the HookConVarChange for mp_gamemode woulda picked up changes when a group joins in the server or something, but I guess not. I'll put in some code to check every round start, hopefully that'll fix it...
I played a full campaign of VS with this mod yesterday and didn't see this problem.

Other than what's been mentioned, I haven't found any other bugs.. played a full campaign in VS and CoOp...
lekzero
Old 08-04-2009 , 20:20   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #25

Becouse in this case I change the value in g_iJuggernaut_hp from 3000 to 0, hehehe. Your plugin its a success, I took the liberty of disabling some Perks.
I'm glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
@ lekzero: actually, I didn't, so thanks for giving me a lead =) I'm guessing the tank_spawn event isn't being as reliable as I originally assumed, so I'll throw in some more checks before it does anything drastic like giving 3000 health =P and a survivor spawned with zero health? o_O
lekzero
Old 08-04-2009 , 20:27   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #26

I using the l4downtown extension (my server it's a VS 3 x 3...) , I gonna test without l4downtown and report.
Report: I disable l4downtown and nothing change, GrossKop (below) you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
I played a full campaign of VS with this mod yesterday and didn't see this problem.

Other than what's been mentioned, I haven't found any other bugs.. played a full campaign in VS and CoOp...

Last edited by lekzero; 08-04-2009 at 23:05.
GrossKopf
Old 08-04-2009 , 20:40   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekzero View Post
I using the l4downtown extension (my server it's a VS 3 x 3...) , I gonna test without l4downtown and report.
Works fine with Left4Downtown. Not sure how it works with more than 4v4 though because I haven't tested that. I only run L4Downtown so I can have an extra slot to join my server and kick a pubber if I want to play.
Rocket-Dog
Old 08-04-2009 , 23:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #28

tPoncho,

Really great plugin! Menu works great and very creative perks. A help menu would be awesome because a lot of people do not have their 6 - 0 keys bound and/or do not know how to enable console.

Haven't seen too many issues/bugs while running this otherwise than the learning curve associated with the perks and menus. We've only tested this on Versus so far, but it's worked really well for us so far at least.

One request would be if there is a way to exit the menu with the "1" key or simply have it fade out after a pre-determined time. Some users whom did not have slot 6 - 0 bound had to play the entire map with the menu activated. LOL'd at them and tried to walk them through console and binding slots, but some simply can't be helped. Found a work-around with advertisements to occasionally put messages in Menu instead of Say.

Also, how do you disable perks? I only found CVARs to edit the perks, not disable them completely. Am I missing something?

Error logs had this error spammed once for the Martial Artist perk. Restarted the server and have not seen the error, or any error message for that matter, since.

Quote:
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "Perkmod.smx":
[SM] [0] Line 4098, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/7/8/4/3/46829.attach::MA_ResetFatigue()
[SM] [1] Line 1895, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/7/8/4/3/46829.attach::TimerPerks()
[SM] Native "SetEntData" reported: Entity 2 is invalid
Thanks again for a terrific plugin and keep up the good work!!
Old 08-05-2009 , 04:01   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #29

I'm not sure why some people have that problem with the 6 to 0 keys. I never did anything special and the keys have always worked for me, but as I posted, a (strange, but...) workaround is to have them to into options, enable and then disable game pad, then the keys will work. I learned this from the Survivor Upgrades plugin.
tPoncho
Old 08-05-2009 , 04:07   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #30

@ Rocket-Dog: Glad you're enjoying the plugin! =) It never occurred to me that some don't want to bother with perks and having to deal with a menu, or, more importantly, don't have 6-10 bound. I think I might have to rework the menu to allow a "select default perks and play NOW!" option and stuff... although I'm at a bit of a loss for the primary survivor perks selection - there's 6 perks to choose from o_O and it seems a bit annoying for players to have to split those into two menus.

I also didn't think of admins wanting to disable some perks, so I'll have to add that in later. Right now I'm going to try to address the health bug, and then for the next release I'll try and come up with a better menu and allow admins to disable perks. As for the error you got, I think it's harmless but I'll address it so the error log doesn't get spammed =P Expect a release in an hour or two that should (hopefully) address the health issue.