Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Awards user-triggered critboost for in-game points (Such as killing, capping, blocking, etc)
    Old 10-18-2009 , 03:21   [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin awards players with "critpoints" for accomplishing in-game actions, such as killing, assisting, blocking, capping, etc. These critpoints can be used through a console command bound to a key, which will award that player with a critboost for a certain amount of time.

This plugin presents a HUD to the player, which shows at the bottom of the screen, just above the objectives. The HUD notifies players of how much crit-time they have to spend, and while they are critboosting it shows them how much time remaining in the critboost.

This plugin modifies the flags of sv_cheats, and therefore any servers running this plugin will not grant achievements.

Cvars

sm_critpoints_enabled (Default 1) - Whether the plugin is active
    sm_critpoints_multiplier (Default 1.0) - Multiply the points by this to get critboost time
    sm_critpoints_max (Default 10) - Max number of crit points a player can have.
    sm_critpoints_default <Default: 10.0> - The default time to use if no second argument is fed to sm_grant_critboost

Console Commands
    sm_use_crits - Client side command to activate stored critpoints and enable the critboost. This should be bound to something like q or t.

sm_grant_critboost <#userid|name> <seconds> - Admin command CritBoosts target for a number of seconds. Eg sm_grant_critboost @red 12 will give the red team 12 seconds of crits.

Todo
    Fully refill upon tauntkill
    Upon a successful tauntkill, the players critpoints should max out.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (critpoints.sp - 1378 views - 11.3 KB)

Last edited by psychonic; 12-11-2009 at 13:03. Reason: Removed attached smx because sp compiles on forum
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-18-2009 , 03:33   Re: Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #2

Interesting idea. Good job.

-You can add particle effects and such, or TE's on a player. Its alot of code to paste so, im not going to and it gets kinda complicated on different ways of doing it so...

-What do you mean it doesnt handle bad targets the way it should?

-You can do onscreen timers many different ways.. I have multiple plugins that I do this in. One plugin uses CreateHudSynchronizer();, one uses printcentertext and another uses printhinttext. Youd just need to look around and figure out what you like best.

Personally I think printcentertext is the best for an on-screen timer, but maybe its just me. Printhinttext is nice but plays a sound...: /

CreateHudSynchronizer(); is cool as you can change the colors and position of the text. Its definitely the most complicated to code though.

A copy and paste from one of my plugins I do it like this. Other smarter people probably have more efficient better methods, but bleh. This one is fairly simplistic.

Code:
    IndexTimerCount[client] = 0;

PrintCenterText(client, "%i", GetConVarInt(c_Cvar));        
            CreateTimer(1.0, CritsTimerRepeat, client, TIMER_REPEAT);
    Code:
    public Action:CritsTimerRepeat(Handle:Timer, any:client)
    {
            if(IsClientInGame(client) && IsPlayerAlive(client) && arrayVariableCheckHere[client][#])
            {
                IndexTimerCount[client]++;

PrintCenterText(client, "%i", GetConVarInt(c_Cvar) - IndexTimerCount[client]);
            }
            else{
                KillTimer(Timer);

}
            return Plugin_Continue;
    }

Last edited by retsam; 10-18-2009 at 03:40.
    JagDragon
    Old 10-18-2009 , 06:39   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the quick reply, and the constructive comments!

I have added the errors I receive from the targeting system to the original post, and I am currently getting the HUD working, using CreateHudSynchronizer(), and the timer method you've mentioned in the above post.
    Jindo
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-18-2009 , 06:49   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JagDragon View Post
    I don't know why this is happening, since I virtually copy-pasted the targeting code out of funcommands/beacon.sp.
    That will be why, the error is saying that it's missing a translation, make sure that you've loaded any translations required.
    Old 10-18-2009 , 07:35   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #5

Thankyou for that reply, simply adding LoadTranslations("common.phrases"); to my OnPluginStart() method fixed that. I've fixed the bug and re-uploaded the new files.

Last edited by JagDragon; 10-18-2009 at 07:38.
    Jindo
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-18-2009 , 08:01   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JagDragon View Post
    Thankyou for that reply, simply adding LoadTranslations("common.phrases"); to my OnPluginStart() method fixed that. I've fixed the bug and re-uploaded the new files.
    Glad that worked, good job on the plugin!
    Old 10-18-2009 , 08:07   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #7

Yeah, thanks for the translation tip - I was wondering what it was going on about!

I have added a primitive HUD which shows how many critpoints the player has, and what amount of time they will have for the critboost. I mean to improve on this, maybe add a countdown while the player is critboosting.
    JagDragon
    Old 10-23-2009 , 05:40   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #8

I have updated this plugin to version 0.1.3, which is stable as far as I know. I have added a working HUD, and the critboost effect now works.

Enjoy!
    shahrukh1
    Old 12-29-2010 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Critpoints
    Reply With Quote #9

doesnt work

i installed everything

shows up in the plugins running list

players get critpoints

but as soon as they use

sm_use_crits

doesnt work

admin command doesnt either