Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

jundis
Old 05-12-2013 , 17:44   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That error happens on all servers. You are just happening to crash right after it since plugins are the next thing to load after it displays.

Make sure that your server is updated as well. The latest D2Fixups (1.6) only works with servers from after this past week's update (the one that added solo queue).
Server is up to date. Any way to figure out why it's crashing there? -condebug doesn't print that early, and the plugins are all up to date.
Supersuper2
Old 05-12-2013 , 19:19   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

my sever also does not work with latest version of d2fixup. server is up to date. Server.inf - 518
I dont use sourcemod on my server.

Last edited by Supersuper2; 05-12-2013 at 20:43.
Darkfrost
Old 05-12-2013 , 20:15   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Make sure you're using the latest snapshot of metamod (837 as of posting)
http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots
Supersuper2
Old 05-12-2013 , 20:44   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersuper2 View Post
my sever also does not work with latest version of d2fixup. server is up to date. Server.inf - 518
I dont use sourcemod on my server.
I am idiot, I forgot to edit gameinfo.txt after update
Darkfrost
Old 05-13-2013 , 20:23   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Latest build of sourcemod seems to work now, good job
(Doesn't seem to work with SMJS yet though, incase anyone else is wondering)

Last edited by Darkfrost; 05-13-2013 at 20:29.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-13-2013 , 20:32   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfrost View Post
Latest build of sourcemod seems to work now, good job
(Doesn't seem to work with SMJS yet though, incase anyone else is wondering)
There are some other issues left to fix (hence me not posting here yet about it being updated), but it will at least load without crashing and most functionality work.
Arsonist
Old 05-16-2013 , 05:49   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Thank you for this. Currently in Afghanistan and this is allowing me to setup a LAN party without internet connection. Mostly, it's working great. I have two people that aren't able to get it working though...

Their client is up-to-date, but when they try to connect to the server, it immediately disconnects them with an error "Disconnected: Invalid Connection". We have tried to re-install Dota from scratch with the same issue. Their firewall is turned off. I've even tried building the server files using their game files. The server works fine, and everyone else can connect to it, but even if the server is running on their machine, these two people cannot connect to it.

They are able to start their own local games using the dota_start_ai_game 1 commands no problem. It has to be something with their client...any ideas?
Leyota
Old 05-16-2013 , 10:12   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
Thank you for this. Currently in Afghanistan and this is allowing me to setup a LAN party without internet connection. Mostly, it's working great. I have two people that aren't able to get it working though...

Their client is up-to-date, but when they try to connect to the server, it immediately disconnects them with an error "Disconnected: Invalid Connection". We have tried to re-install Dota from scratch with the same issue. Their firewall is turned off. I've even tried building the server files using their game files. The server works fine, and everyone else can connect to it, but even if the server is running on their machine, these two people cannot connect to it.

They are able to start their own local games using the dota_start_ai_game 1 commands no problem. It has to be something with their client...any ideas?
Same problem. It started after update for May 3~. I have tried many things to fix this problem (reinstall, check versions, settings, etc) but couldn't find the cause. Can server checks the local connections or something?
navidnouri
Old 05-17-2013 , 07:04   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

don't you two have any limits on number of ppl who can connect?
Arsonist
Old 05-18-2013 , 06:20   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

I set the maxplayers to 10. I don't believe I'm hitting a player limit. I've had up to 5 people connected, but these two individuals can't connect at any time...even if there is no one else on the server.
Closed Thread