Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2012 , 20:08   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
How can I tell polymorph that on one setting it needs to run a certain podbot configuration and on the other it needs to run a different configuration? Do the different podbot configurations simply go in [cfg]? (eg, pb_setting 1) and then make sure the actual podbot.cfg file doesn't have those duplicates?
Umm . . . I don't know anything about podbots. If you are able to type the commands in the server console and have them successfully work then you can just put them in with all the other settings.
Old 03-01-2012 , 09:17   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #522

Plugin does not makes vote by itself. How to fix it ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2012 , 00:01   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasior View Post
Plugin does not makes vote by itself. How to fix it ?
I'm not entirely sure what that means but you may need to check which mode you are running. Not all modes have votes (Only one mode doesn't have any voting IIRC).

Last edited by fysiks; 03-02-2012 at 00:01.
Antixianos
BANNED
Old 03-02-2012 , 19:00   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #524

Is there a way to disable random MOD ordering during the vote? I'd like the MODs to be in the numbered order in the polymorph configs file. I want my list to always look like this:

1. Default
2. Deathmatch
3. Custom
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2012 , 23:03   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antixianos View Post
Is there a way to disable random MOD ordering during the vote? I'd like the MODs to be in the numbered order in the polymorph configs file. I want my list to always look like this:

1. Default
2. Deathmatch
3. Custom
Try this:
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (polymorph_antixianos.sma - 696 views - 26.7 KB)
Old 03-03-2012 , 17:58   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #526

Hey, great plugin
But I have some problems with it. Firstly, 35hp_* maps aren't showing up in the votemap menu and don't change to them. Secondly, sometimes, after using amx_votemod command, map changes but mod isn't loaded. I have to restart server to work. Also, it would be great if you could add command to change mod without voting - amx_mod modID mapname.
Sorry for my bad English :/
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2012 , 19:50   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuskiS View Post
Hey, great plugin
But I have some problems with it. Firstly, 35hp_* maps aren't showing up in the votemap menu and don't change to them. Secondly, sometimes, after using amx_votemod command, map changes but mod isn't loaded. I have to restart server to work. Also, it would be great if you could add command to change mod without voting - amx_mod modID mapname.
Sorry for my bad English :/
  1. There is nothing in the code the excludes or includes specific map prefixes.
  2. Does it happen for all mods? Does the vote actually finish? Does it work if the vote starts on it's own?
  3. Currently you would simply do amx_nextmod <modid> then amx_map <mapname>

Last edited by fysiks; 03-03-2012 at 19:54.
GuskiS
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2012 , 08:37   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #528

1. I changed map file for other map file - vote showed up, changing back to 35hp_* map list - nothing, it just automatically choosed map from other map list.
2. and 3. Setting amx_nextmod and then changing map, it sets first mod on, but then changes to the right one, don't know why
2. I think for all. And yes, vote finishes and it works when vote shows up by it self.
Also, could you set a cvar which defines starting mod? Cause after server crash/restart, mod isn't the first one, but map is for 1st one(automap).

EDIT: 35hp maplist:
35hp_cz
35hp_gx
35hp_jump
35hp_reborn
35hp_2
35hp_conveyor
35hp_4
35hp_sw
35hp_3

Last edited by GuskiS; 03-04-2012 at 09:21.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2012 , 15:26   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuskiS View Post
1. I changed map file for other map file - vote showed up, changing back to 35hp_* map list - nothing, it just automatically choosed map from other map list.
2. and 3. Setting amx_nextmod and then changing map, it sets first mod on, but then changes to the right one, don't know why
2. I think for all. And yes, vote finishes and it works when vote shows up by it self.
Also, could you set a cvar which defines starting mod? Cause after server crash/restart, mod isn't the first one, but map is for 1st one(automap).
  1. You must be doing something wrong then. It will load any valid map that is in the map file specified in the ini file.
  2. That is strange because amx_votemod and the end of map vote use the EXACT same function.
  3. I don't know what you are trying to say.
  4. It's not possible to set a default mod to start on after a crash because the plugins file that is used must exist before the server starts and the plugin can't change the file when the server is not running. There might be a workaround but I'm not going to do it because it more hassle than it is worth.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-04-2012 at 15:26.
GuskiS
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2012 , 13:20   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #530

1. Ok, I fixed this - problem was something with the .ini file. Something was different from other .ini`s., I don't know what.