Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin System: You do not have access to this command

Post New Thread Reply   

jpcapone
Old 09-15-2022 , 22:39   Admin System: You do not have access to this command
Reply With Quote #1

I know this has soooo many posts but I have tried absolutely every thing and nothing works. I confirmed that my admins.cfg/admins_simple.ini have the correct information. I have the admin menu.vpk and admin system.vpk files in the addons folder. in server.cfg made sv lan 1 and sv cheats 1.

I have run !admin from the chat window and sm_admin from the console.
the admin menu appears and when i select the options to give someone something i get the error in the title and at other times i hear the sound indicating that the item is given but it isn't. Please Please give me some suggestions.

for the record I am running a ubuntu 22.04 dedicated server. The admin menu and admin system files are in /home/username/Steam/L4D2-server/left4dead2/addons folder.

Last edited by jpcapone; 09-15-2022 at 23:39.
jpcapone
Old 09-16-2022 , 21:56   Re: Admin System: You do not have access to this command
Reply With Quote #2

If anyone stumbles across this post you need a file called admins.txt with your steam id in the "\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\ems\admin system" directory. worked like a charm after that.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2022 , 00:41   Re: Admin System: You do not have access to this command
Reply With Quote #3

This has nothing to do with SourceMod. It's better to post this in the mod's comments/discussions in the workshop.
jpcapone
Old 09-17-2022 , 11:00   Re: Admin System: You do not have access to this command
Reply With Quote #4

Will do, thanks.