Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TF2: Zombie Survival 2, assembling a team (L4D/Zombie Fortress inspired)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jack5
Old 10-28-2020 , 04:57   TF2: Zombie Survival 2, assembling a team (L4D/Zombie Fortress inspired)
Reply With Quote #1

Introduction
Greetings everyone, my name is Jack5 and I'm currently looking to assemble a team to create a Team Fortress 2 plugin game mode to run alongside Zombie Survival, a game mode that I am well known for maintaining. I'm of course talking about the natural next step up, Zombie Survival 2 (working title, I guess). This post details all of the stuff that I have set in stone, for I know that there will be a lot of differences of opinions and new ideas that will come from this new concept.

Vision
I intend for ZS and ZS2 to run concurrently on different servers, so that people can experience the tried and tested mode, or the one being developed from the ground up at any given time. Zombie Survival has only two classes, while Zombie Fortress has all classes but on different teams. It would be ideal then for ZS2 to allow all classes on all teams. It is also my intention to make ZS2 support different games within itself, including Attack/Defend (requires team role swapping), Survival, Waves and Scavenge, depending on the map and as voted by the players. There should also be a queue system like in Vs. Saxton Hale so that no-one misses out on being a survivor. All of this will be subject to heavy and delicate balancing, and we'll have to take our time with certain classes, but I think that it is entirely possible to make a zombie game mode that encompasses the whole of TF2. Please note that we will be taking cues from Zombie Survival and Zombie Fortress, not ZombieMod or Zombie Escape (which feel far less refined).

Experience
I have been in the Team Fortress 2 community for well over 3 years. While I cannot code in SourcePawn for my life, I am still able to read and format such code. I have previously worked on the Fortress Blast plugin (which I feel has some pretty good stuff in it), but due to issues I was having with the programmer I was forced to abandon the project. I can't imagine anyone else on this site will cause me similar issues. I am very skilled in bringing new ideas to the table, decent at leading communities and relatively good in the fields of Hammer mapping, graphics and sound design. As the project lead of Zombie Survival 2, I will be overseeing everyone's contributions to the project, packaging updates and producing content for uninitiated folk. My website lists my best work when it comes to TF2.

Hiring/Conditions
I am looking for SourcePawn programmers or other artistic talents that have experience in the SourceMod community and would be willing to help bring ZS2 to life for free. After more than 3 years as a volunteer in the Zombie Survival world and ongoing, it would make sense to expect the same from others. Ideally, you should be able to show all the work that you have done to me and have a substantial amount of it, bonus points if you actively maintain some of your projects. I will also be expecting a certain level of dedication to the project, depending on how many developers are interested. I do have a server host that would likely be willing to host this game mode, but updates for that host would be slow, so another host would be preferred, one that we can perhaps set up to update automatically. I also think that I'll end up creating a Zombie Survival 2 Discord and Trello for us to converse our ideas over. ZS2 will start closed source, however we will likely open its source to the public once we reach a point either where the game mode is stable, or when it reaches its end of life.

Contact
If you believe that you meet the requirements that I have listed above and could bring something to the table, then please contact me through my Discord server at Jack5#1720. I will try to assemble a group chat of potential developers before we create a proper Discord server. Note that I'll be sort-of slow up until November 7, at which point I'll be able to fully commit to this idea. Let's see if we can truly bring back to life what other zombie game modes have tried and failed to do for good. Thank you for reading and I'll see you next time.

- Jack5