Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Shutdown Countdown

Post New Thread Reply   

Electric Warrior
Old 02-09-2012 , 04:37   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #11

Nice plugin, which I would like to use on my HL2DM servers, but for one problem. The first part of the warning message does not display correctly. Is there anything that I can do about this please? Can the message be displayed on more than one line?
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2012 , 04:33   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #12

Can you also make a cvar to give the optional quit command? I prefer "_restart" That way also admins can use it to for instance exectue something like "announce -> we are going to play dodgeball now" followed by a "exec dodgeball.cfg" might be a nice idea no? But just having the _restart would be good
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 02-10-2012 , 09:27   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Can you also make a cvar to give the optional quit command? I prefer "_restart" That way also admins can use it to for instance exectue something like "announce -> we are going to play dodgeball now" followed by a "exec dodgeball.cfg" might be a nice idea no? But just having the _restart would be good
Didn't understand you there… are you asking if this can be turned into a counter for any action?
Old 02-10-2012 , 09:39   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #14

Well your topic says "The server is shut down by the plugin simply executing "quit" in the server console when the timer expires"

If you make the "quit" into a cvar, you can make any type of countdown yes. Or didn't i read it correctly and it already does this? I thought it would make a nice addition. (and then i can use it with _restart command, since thats what i wanted to have)
Old 02-10-2012 , 13:13   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Warrior View Post
Nice plugin, which I would like to use on my HL2DM servers, but for one problem. The first part of the warning message does not display correctly. Is there anything that I can do about this please? Can the message be displayed on more than one line?

Further to my request above. Is there any way I can have the message appear in Csay only as it's the hsay that does not work very well in HL2DM. It would seem that hsay does not have room for enough characters. Look forward to your reply, thanks I don't want to make you to specifically change your plugin for everyone else, but just wondered if I could turn off the hsay bit. I'm no coder so you would have to speak in a slow voice and with small words of not too many syllables. ;)

Last edited by Electric Warrior; 02-10-2012 at 13:15.
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
Dr. McKay
Old 07-12-2012 , 16:43   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #16

Updated to v1.6.0. Added option to disable automatic updating (sm_shutdown_countdown_auto_update).
Old 07-13-2012 , 17:49   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #17

Nice plugin. It's too bad if conflicts with the sm_shutdown command that Advance Commands uses. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99300 I ran this plugin in conjunction with that plugin but I couldn't cancel the shutdown with both running at the same time.

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-13-2012 at 17:49.
JaLooNz
Old 08-18-2012 , 17:17   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #18

Hi,

I find that your plugin has been very useful and extended it slightly so that you can shutdown using either a countdown (sm_shutdown x) or a fixed time (sm_shutdowntime hhmm). The sm_shutdowntime provide countdown of up to a day, including time before the current time. One small problem is that the time is based on server time though.

I have attached a compiled version without the updater for your reference, and hope that this can be integrated in your version in future.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (shutdowncountdown.sp - 130 views - 8.2 KB)
File Type: smx shutdowncountdown.smx (5.9 KB, 114 views)
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2012 , 16:53   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #19

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /shutdowncountdown.txt was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.4.3 SVN/1.7.4 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at sm.doctormckay.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

not good right?
Old 11-16-2012 , 17:20   Re: [ANY] Shutdown Countdown
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /shutdowncountdown.txt was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.4.3 SVN/1.7.4 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at sm.doctormckay.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

not good right?
Dunno why you were using the updater URL from a few months ago.

Download the latest version from the first post.