Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Need help in finding a map

Post New Thread Reply   

Kerimaja91
Zero Posts
Old 10-05-2020 , 05:18   Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I am really bothering you all with this topic and also I did not know where to post a topic like this so if it is not appropriate here then I would kindly like to ask the admins/moderators to move it then since it is my first time posting anything here. Anyway, I am trying hard to resolve this. The thing is, one of the great modders of twhl made a map that I really like and is amazing. There are two version of that map he made and uploaded to twhl (The Whole Half-Life) and they are cs_sarajevo beta and cs_sarajevo testing. Thanks to some amazing people the beta was found, the only problem is that the beta cannot be played on a live server. You can play it with bots and everything but once I tested it out on the server it just crashes. The testing version is probably a almost finished version of the map, has additional building details and it's bigger and would most likely work on a public server. Now I wouldn't go through this much trouble if the beta worked, probably would have just put that one on the server and be happy about it but like I said unfortunately it crashes the server and it is not playable. The main point is if anyone here has the files of the testing version of the map I am even willing to pay for it since there is no way we can download it due to the broken link/shutdown site that it was originally uploaded on. The original twhl link of that version of the map is: https://twhl.info/vault/view/5623
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2020 , 05:29   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #2

It's not downloadable from that link
Zero Posts
Old 10-05-2020 , 05:35   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #3

I know it's not, that's why I was wondering does anyone have a workaround or another way, maybe even someone who has the map files
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-05-2020 , 05:45   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #4

One guy in the comments to the YT-vid also wanted a reupload, someone else posted a link: https://csm.dev/resources/cs_sarajevo.79/download

Last edited by Mordekay; 10-05-2020 at 05:47.
Kerimaja91
Zero Posts
Old 10-05-2020 , 05:52   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah, I saw that. It is the beta version and like I said, it can only be played with bots on non steam and solo on steam, unfortunately it crashes a live server when I try to put it on the server. That is why I am looking for the second version or the testing one.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-05-2020 , 06:18   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #6

tl;dr at first.
Ok, from the comment-section it says that this map was never leaving it's beta. I doubt you will find any working version then.

Kerimaja91
Zero Posts
Old 10-05-2020 , 12:03   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #7

Well he did mention in the coments that the testing version is still technically a beta but in the testing version I believe the map is probably like 90% complete, the whole building was mapped and he added more things, just like in the youtube video.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2020 , 18:14   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #8

Why not email him and ask?
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-11-2020 , 18:59   Re: Need help in finding a map
Reply With Quote #9

A lot of these maps have just broken over the years with all the engine updates. I really miss a lot of singe's HL2:DM maps that now cause server crashes for the same reason - you've just got to fix up what you can with things like Stripper:Source really.

Last edited by asherkin; 10-11-2020 at 18:59.