Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Module: Orpheu (v2.6.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Kryzu
Old 02-09-2010 , 15:44   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryzu View Post
Big problem for public servers(ex. Deathrun servers) is when at the middle of the map one team players are missing, so when anyone joins to this team there'll be a restart. That restarts also timelimit. So, the map can last hours

Maybe this is already done, but i've seen anything like this( WITH OUT BOT!!! ). So i thought maybe this great module will help us one more time
b.u.m.p
Old 02-09-2010 , 20:01   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #122

Here goes a plugin that changes the slots of a server. Limited to 32. Just work in Windows because in Linux it would need a forward happening before plugin_precache. Anyway, for linux you can manually patch engine_i686.so at offset 0x753C3 with bytes [0xb8][0x20][0x00][0x00][0x00].
Attached Files
File Type: zip maxplayers.zip (1.5 KB, 519 views)
Old 02-09-2010 , 20:05   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
Here goes a plugin that changes the slots of a server. Limited to 32. Just work in Windows because in Linux it would need a forward happening before plugin_precache. Anyway, for linux you can manually patch engine_i686.so at offset 0x753C3 with bytes [0xb8][0x20][0x00][0x00][0x00].
I don't think something like this should be posting since it could be used to buy a low-slot (eg. 10) game server for less $$ and then use this to increase the slots to 32.
I love you exolent!
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2010 , 20:10   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
I don't think something like this should be posting since it could be used to buy a low-slot (eg. 10) game server for less $$ and then use this to increase the slots to 32.
I just want to show how it's done (sharing the knowledge).

You can see here a plugin that did that and some admins and moderators saw and no one said it should be deleted. Only unapproved.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=46276
Old 02-09-2010 , 21:21   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Anyway, for linux you can manually patch engine_i686.so ....
Isn't that illegal?
Old 02-09-2010 , 21:31   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Isn't that illegal?
I don't guess so if you're paying for the game.
If I have a paid software, I can change every bit if I want.

You pay for software for royalties and agree to not redistribute for free but you can use it as your needs...

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2010 , 21:45   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Isn't that illegal?
Yes, it is. Since it didn't work on linux I went for a solution and even remembered of that. Gonna remove it.

The world is now safer thanks to you.

Edit:

It's illegal to do. But, not to share. So I will keep it.
Old 02-10-2010 , 05:48   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Here goes a plugin that changes the slots of a server. Limited to 32.
If it wasn't limited, it would be priceless
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 02-11-2010 , 16:58   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaliska View Post
If it wasn't limited, it would be priceless
You can't pass the 32 limit, it's hardcoded to the engine. If you manually override it you screw your server.

About the DLL patching, you buy the binary version of the game, you can't "change or redistribute it without specific written permission from the copyright owners" like the majority of the commercial licenses. Anyway, joaquimandrade is from Portugal, so no DMCA copyright laws. (you americans don't know copyrights =D)

Last edited by Seta00; 02-11-2010 at 17:04.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2010 , 18:50   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta00 View Post
Anyway, joaquimandrade is from Portugal, so no DMCA copyright laws. (you americans don't know copyrights =D)
The European Union has copyright laws and Portugal is part of the European Union.