Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

yuzumi
Old 03-18-2022 , 19:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Okay, I think I understand now. I will see what I can do.

Edit: Try the latest commit. It turns out that I just needed to change the force-spawn timer to keep repeating until the Tank is no longer a ghost. The code for catching "late-spawns" is already there.
The latest 8.91 commit..The 1/2/3 issues raised earlier still remain..

Regarding the warp issues. Can teleport to above survivors head be changed to the movable ground near the survivors?

"Spawn Mode" issues. When the tank is being attacked(survivors,fire..etc), changed tank type. Tank will die instantly.If the HP is lower than the Max HP and without being attacked, changed the tank type, the tank HP in the lower right corner disappeared, instead of displaying HP. Is this what caused the immediate death of the tank?

Test plugin environment:
Ubuntu16.04 + SM-1.11-6862 + MM-1.12-1157
Quote:
"[MT] Abilities Set #2" (8.91) by Psyk0tik
"[MT] Abilities Set #1" (8.91) by Psyk0tik
"[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks" (8.91) by Psyk0tik
"Control Zombies In Co-op" (3.3.5) by sorallll
"Admin Menu" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin File Reader" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Commands" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Player Commands" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Help" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Comm Control" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Client Preferences" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Fun Commands" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Chat" (1.11.0.6862) by AlliedModders LLC
"[ANY] Command and ConVar - Buffer Overflow Fixer" (2.8) by SilverShot and Peace-Maker
"Give Item Menu" (1.1.9) by Ryanx, sorallll
"All4Dead" (3.4) by James Richardson (grandwazir) & HarryPotter
"L4D2 Precacher" (1.0) compiled_main/l4d2_precacher.smx
"[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct" (1.89) by SilverShot
Attached Files
File Type: zip mutant_tanks.zip (2.8 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by yuzumi; 03-18-2022 at 20:24.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2022 , 03:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzumi View Post
The latest 8.91 commit..The 1/2/3 issues raised earlier still remain..
Does the glow issue still remain?

Quote:
Regarding the warp issues. Can teleport to above survivors head be changed to the movable ground near the survivors?
I did that before but they kept getting stuck inside solid props.

Quote:
"Spawn Mode" issues. When the tank is being attacked(survivors,fire..etc), changed tank type. Tank will die instantly.If the HP is lower than the Max HP and without being attacked, changed the tank type, the tank HP in the lower right corner disappeared, instead of displaying HP. Is this what caused the immediate death of the tank?
Okay, I figured out the issue.
Old 03-19-2022 , 03:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1273

Quote:
Does the glow issue still remain?
Yes..
Shao
Old 03-19-2022 , 07:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1274

Quote:
Which feature of Lux's plugin would you want to be implemented in Mutant Tanks?

Edit: I think you can solve the damage inconsistency by setting "rtp_KnockBackPreIncap" to "0" since that is the setting that causes damage to incapacitate the target before being damaged by the Tank's claw.
Yeah, I noticed though that is the most important feature of the plugin sadly. I'll go over what I feel so far about the use of the plugin because I do looooove the options, there's only so few things missing that in my eyes could make it the perfect plugin to have to improve the QoL of L4D2 because it REALLY does make a huge difference to have special tanks in the game.

It'd be nice to have much of all the features the Lux plugin has because it honestly feels more appropriate to the game, I think you can understand where the perspective comes from however, one of the reason why most players on the server I have prefer it is because it lowers the chances of being crushed constantly by the Tank, normally that would be a problem because it guaranteed downed that they'll die which is annoying, Target Override from Silvers tries to alleviate that but it's not perfect.

The Tank Claw damage from Mutant Tanks is like a god sent to make more types of tanks relevant since it prevents instant downs at higher difficulties, making their special attributes more useful and less overpowered. Hitting two birds with one stone though since it also affects downed crush damage now, some Tanks have low damage therefor remain stuck on players for so long that they become easy kills. I'd say this is more or less important of a feature compared the other but if the plugin could have an incapacitated damage modifier like Lux TankDamageModifier it'd be much welcome as well.

I have one little change to suggest for the Smash ability if there's a possibility, which would be to have the same effect as the SuperTank Smasher when they hit survivors, I thought the use of boomer bloody explosion on punch was great to have as an intimidating factor when one survivor is caught, really sets the bar on telling new and old players how dangerous they are, I do love your pick on the charged survivor noise as well for it though.

Another would be to have the possibility to set a cooldown on the Fast ability so that you can do a sort of weeping angel/baldi's basic style of movement which would be quite interesting to have, much of the people I play with are already pretty afraid of that one, called it the Jump Scare Tanks since I have a low chance of them ever using the Fast ability.

I've hardly touched most of the other tanks outside the old SuperTank list but with all the options and the player friendly info, it is much more enticing to reach for further types so that things are less confusing.

My server runs on a premise that ammo is a limited resource and so the Item/Drop Tank are really useful to have as a type, however given my little knowledge, I tried to make it so drop tanks could have special ammo packs and it wouldn't work? So I try to resort to the Item Tank but the fact that it's given straight to survivors rather than dropping at the Tanks location really makes for a less risky experience in Survival since it involves camping therefor not moving out of cover to obtain the special ammo crates that on deploy spawns an ammo pile. So I thought of asking if it would be possible to have Dropper tanks have the capacity to support special ammo crates and the likes of other objects so that relative to the Item Tank there is no need to edit their abilities and so they remain unique. (One that gives to the survivors and one that forces survivors to reach for the loot.)

Finishing this long post, I did have a weird lighting/hl effect when the Tank would die which I can't replicate now but it kept happening until I've had "Skip Incap" enabled (Or so I think) while I had tried to disable that effect with all the available options, not sure which setting it was related to so I was gonna ask you which one it is. (I think it stopped after fixing the common zombie slowdown issue.)
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2022 , 15:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
It'd be nice to have much of all the features the Lux plugin has because it honestly feels more appropriate to the game, I think you can understand where the perspective comes from however, one of the reason why most players on the server I have prefer it is because it lowers the chances of being crushed constantly by the Tank, normally that would be a problem because it guaranteed downed that they'll die which is annoying, Target Override from Silvers tries to alleviate that but it's not perfect.
I'll have to think about it. It's a fairly large plugin, so adding it to MT just to resolve the damage inconsistency is too much.

Quote:
The Tank Claw damage from Mutant Tanks is like a god sent to make more types of tanks relevant since it prevents instant downs at higher difficulties, making their special attributes more useful and less overpowered. Hitting two birds with one stone though since it also affects downed crush damage now, some Tanks have low damage therefor remain stuck on players for so long that they become easy kills. I'd say this is more or less important of a feature compared the other but if the plugin could have an incapacitated damage modifier like Lux TankDamageModifier it'd be much welcome as well.
I could probably add a setting called "Incap Damage Multiplier".

Quote:
I have one little change to suggest for the Smash ability if there's a possibility, which would be to have the same effect as the SuperTank Smasher when they hit survivors, I thought the use of boomer bloody explosion on punch was great to have as an intimidating factor when one survivor is caught, really sets the bar on telling new and old players how dangerous they are, I do love your pick on the charged survivor noise as well for it though.
Can you explain how the Super Tanks' Smasher effect works? MT's Smash ability already provides the blood particle along with a sound effect. I don't remember ST's Smasher having anything aside from the blood particle and a sound effect.

Quote:
Another would be to have the possibility to set a cooldown on the Fast ability so that you can do a sort of weeping angel/baldi's basic style of movement which would be quite interesting to have, much of the people I play with are already pretty afraid of that one, called it the Jump Scare Tanks since I have a low chance of them ever using the Fast ability.
I can add a cooldown for each ability then.

Quote:
My server runs on a premise that ammo is a limited resource and so the Item/Drop Tank are really useful to have as a type, however given my little knowledge, I tried to make it so drop tanks could have special ammo packs and it wouldn't work? So I try to resort to the Item Tank but the fact that it's given straight to survivors rather than dropping at the Tanks location really makes for a less risky experience in Survival since it involves camping therefor not moving out of cover to obtain the special ammo crates that on deploy spawns an ammo pile. So I thought of asking if it would be possible to have Dropper tanks have the capacity to support special ammo crates and the likes of other objects so that relative to the Item Tank there is no need to edit their abilities and so they remain unique. (One that gives to the survivors and one that forces survivors to reach for the loot.)
I can just add more options to the "Item Mode" setting so that the items can be given to the Tank instead of the survivors.

Quote:
Finishing this long post, I did have a weird lighting/hl effect when the Tank would die which I can't replicate now but it kept happening until I've had "Skip Incap" enabled (Or so I think) while I had tried to disable that effect with all the available options, not sure which setting it was related to so I was gonna ask you which one it is. (I think it stopped after fixing the common zombie slowdown issue.)
I don't know what effect you're talking about. The only effect I can think of is the one that appears when a Tank dies with "Death Revert" set to "1".

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-19-2022 at 15:17.
xcd222
Old 03-21-2022 , 06:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1276

Is there a way to specifically modify the boss health stages via difficulty? For example

if normal
"Boss Health Stages" "3750,2500,1250"

if advanced/expert
"Boss Health Stages" "7500,5000,2500"
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2022 , 07:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
Is there a way to specifically modify the boss health stages via difficulty? For example

if normal
"Boss Health Stages" "3750,2500,1250"

if advanced/expert
"Boss Health Stages" "7500,5000,2500"
Use the difficulty configs. Click here for more information about each possible setting.

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"Plugin Settings"

{

"Custom"

{

"Enable Custom Configs"            "1" // 1: ON

"Create Config Types"            "1" // 1: Difficulties

"Execute Config Types"            "1" // 1: Difficulties

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/difficulty_configs/easy.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"115-118"

{

"Boss"

{

"Boss Health Stages"            "3750,2500,1250"

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/difficulty_configs/normal.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"115-118"

{

"Boss"

{

"Boss Health Stages"            "3750,2500,1250"

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/difficulty_configs/hard.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"115-118"

{

"Boss"

{

"Boss Health Stages"            "7500,5000,2500"

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/difficulty_configs/impossible.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"115-118"

{

"Boss"

{

"Boss Health Stages"            "7500,5000,2500"

}
    }

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-21-2022 at 07:11.
xcd222
Old 03-21-2022 , 20:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1278

Thank you for that. Sorry, but now I have a follow up question. I wanted to make a custom config file for tanks playground map where it will only spawn smasher tanks. So I made the ff cfg files below and sadly its only spawning normal tanks with 1 hp only using easy difficulty. I did try to test it for 2 hours but spawning tank 67 isn't just working. I made sure that smasher indeed is enabled. I did use !sm_tank and it can detect smasher tank and I can manually spawn it, but it doesn't let the director spawn it. Is there something wrong with how I coded it?
sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.cfg:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"Plugin Settings"

{

"Custom"

{

"Enable Custom Configs"            "1"
            "Create Config Types"                    "3" 
            "Execute Config Types"            "3" 

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/l4d2_map_configs/l4d2_tanksplayground.cfg
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"Plugin Settings"

{

"Waves"

{

"Limit Extras"                "On"
            "Extras Delay"                "Default"
            "Regular Amount"            "Min"
            "Regular Delay"                "10.0"
            "Regular Interval"            "300.0"
            "Regular Limit"                "99999"
            "Regular Type"                "1-124"
            "Regular Wave"                "False"
            "Finale Amount"                "Min"
            "Finale Types"                "67"
            "Finale Waves"                "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"

}
    }

"Tank #67" //Just to make sure smasher is enabled

{

"General"

{

"Tank Name"                "Smasher Tank"
            "Tank Enabled"                "1"
            "Tank Chance"                "100.0"
            "Tank Note"                "1"
            "Skin Color"                "70,80,100,255"
            "Tank Spawn"                "1"

}

"Glow"

{

"Glow Enabled"                "1"
            "Glow Color"                "70,80,100"

}

"Human Support"

{

"Human Support"                "1"

}

"Props"

{

"Light Color"                "130,65,0,255"
            "Oxygen Tank Color"            "130,65,0,255"
            "Flame Color"                "130,65,0,180"
            "Rock Color"                "130,65,0,255"
            "Tire Color"                "130,65,0,255"
            "Propane Tank Color"            "130,65,0,255"
            "Flashlight Color"            "130,65,0,255"
            "Crown Color"                "130,65,0,255"

}

"Health"

{

"Extra Health"                "0"

}

"Enhancements"

{

"Run Speed"                "0.65"

}

"Smash Ability"

{

"Human Ability"                "1"
            "Human Ammo"                "1"
            "Human Cooldown"            "0"
            "Ability Enabled"            "1"
            "Ability Effect"            "7"
            "Ability Message"            "1"
            "Smash Body"                "0"
            "Smash Chance"                "100.00"
            "Smash Hit"                "1"
            "Smash Hit Mode"            "0"
            "Smash Range"                "150.0"
            "Smash Range Chance"            "100.00"

}
    }

sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/difficulty_configs/easy.cfg
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{

"Plugin Settings"

{

"Health"

{

"Base Health"                "1"
            "Display Health"            "Max"
            "Display Health Type"            "1"
            "Health Characters"            "|,-"
            "Minimum Humans"            "2"
            "Multiply Health"            "Min"

}
    }

Last edited by xcd222; 03-21-2022 at 20:44.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2022 , 22:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
Thank you for that. Sorry, but now I have a follow up question. I wanted to make a custom config file for tanks playground map where it will only spawn smasher tanks. So I made the ff cfg files below and sadly its only spawning normal tanks with 1 hp only using easy difficulty. I did try to test it for 2 hours but spawning tank 67 isn't just working. I made sure that smasher indeed is enabled. I did use !sm_tank and it can detect smasher tank and I can manually spawn it, but it doesn't let the director spawn it. Is there something wrong with how I coded it?

Change "Tank Spawn" to "Spawn Enabled".
Old 03-22-2022 , 06:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1280

Quote:
Change "Tank Spawn" to "Spawn Enabled".
My bad for that, but even with that smashers still don't spawn in tanks playground.