Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here

Post New Thread Reply   

Sepehr
Old 07-31-2010 , 20:56   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #31

Don't let Jelle setup your server, He barely got people to play in his. Infact i remember that he had to force a key to spam his server, to get people to play in it. You should make it yourself, it's quite simple and it doesn't take much work. If you'd like i think i have some of my old superhero server files (i quit superhero mod) that i can give to you for free.
Bottom line is, you should work on it yourself. You can't make a superhero server and think everyone is going to play in it with out testing to see if other people like it or not. You have to have patience, it's sort of like trial and error.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Sepehr; 07-31-2010 at 20:59.
Send a message via MSN to Sepehr
Moe
Old 08-01-2010 , 00:39   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #32

lol I got support from them before o.o
awptions
Old 08-01-2010 , 04:15   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
lol I got support from them before o.o
You got support from nfoservers.com.
You didn't get support from discountgameservers.com

You obviously dont know what your talking about.

Discountgameservers.com sells nuclearfallout servers... but at a discount price because they provide no support and all that.

Nuclearfallout sells servers, but at a high price of 2 bucks a slot or something because they provide support.
awptions
Old 08-01-2010 , 04:16   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepehr View Post
Don't let Jelle setup your server, He barely got people to play in his. Infact i remember that he had to force a key to spam his server, to get people to play in it. You should make it yourself, it's quite simple and it doesn't take much work. If you'd like i think i have some of my old superhero server files (i quit superhero mod) that i can give to you for free.
Bottom line is, you should work on it yourself. You can't make a superhero server and think everyone is going to play in it with out testing to see if other people like it or not. You have to have patience, it's sort of like trial and error.

Good luck to you.
If your part of AoT, I remember the superheromod server they had . Lol.
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 08-01-2010 , 04:48   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by awptions View Post
AoT[!] ?
Old 08-01-2010 , 05:09   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by awptions View Post
Your just saying some random BS.
it was SHL [!] and it was 100x more successful. we quit 1.6 though. It's dieing. I was trying to help you, but it looks as if you don't need it. Best of wishes to your server.

Last edited by Sepehr; 08-01-2010 at 05:11.
Send a message via MSN to Sepehr
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2010 , 05:12   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:

Good luck to you.
And I recall you not releasing heroes thats not yours but still custom... Stop flaming him.

You got a good point though: Its better to learn how to script by yourself then letting other people do the job. Atleast you should know how to set up a SH server and edit cvars, levels(XP) and heroes(plugins).

As I see it, its impossible to set up a good SH server with a lot of custom heroes in only one week. If you only want normal heroes that already exists here and you already got SHMOD installed on your "fresh" server (I assume its a normal CS 1.6 server) it shouldnt take more then 2 days and thats tops. I could probably make it in 1 if I sat at it all day and got my lazy ass of to do it.

Oh, and that Jelle said about lazy people, its really true when people come with strange/random/boring suggestions or spam or just noobs posting shit, so I dont know how many people that are willing to help you but as you are paying I reckon there might be a few. Good luck
Old 08-01-2010 , 08:20   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:

Good luck to you.

I have had plenty more superhero servers than just that one, and many which was VERY successive. I even have a steam group with a few 100 members in, and they are still there. I announced that the server is no more, but some keep staying.

And just because I do not know how to advertise my server, doesn't mean I don't know what I am doing when I set it up.

I like how you talk down to people, without even knowing anything about what you are talking about. And yes, my fastXP server was also pretty successive. Now I moved the IP, and well, I still have allot of players daily. Over 400 in fact, each day.
Fr33m@n
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2010 , 13:07   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #39

Sepehr... rage is bad.

And also Jelle method is not the worst method for getting players. (i will not talk more about this method, so don't ask)
Moe
Old 08-03-2010 , 18:48   Re: Good with SuperHeroMod? Look Here
Reply With Quote #40

Nuclear fallout buys from somewhere else too lol, dont' double post.