Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-20-2007 , 15:30   Re: Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina24 View Post
Nice plugin, but not usable without the client steamid variable to mute or un-mute a player, problem when 2 players are using the same name.
Definitly need the steamid as a target for an advanced use as a perm mute database.
Thanks.
Players can't have the same name. At best they can have names that looks almost identical due to using special unicode characters.

-----

I'm debating whether to add permanent mute or not. I'd be interested in seeing someone write a second plugin to handle it. The plugin would contain a list of commands, and would run those commands on specified players when they connect.

This would create the permanent mute functionality you see, PLUS it would work with other plugins so you could say, permanently "glow" someone, or always give them 16000 money, or, haha, always sm_kick them.
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2007 , 08:36   Re: Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
I'm debating whether to add permanent mute or not. I'd be interested in seeing someone write a second plugin to handle it. The plugin would contain a list of commands, and would run those commands on specified players when they connect.

This would create the permanent mute functionality you see, PLUS it would work with other plugins so you could say, permanently "glow" someone, or always give them 16000 money, or, haha, always sm_kick them.
hehe I was going to make a post in the request forum to do exactly what you just described.
Mainly so I could perma-mute someone and also so I could rename certain clients that like to hide behind alternative usernames.
Old 09-25-2007 , 08:44   Re: Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

This plugin is scheduled to be included into base SM. At the same time, a new "sm_deadtalk 2" mode will be added that enabled teammates to always talk, whether dead or alive. Stay tuned.
Old 09-25-2007 , 22:21   Re: Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

Hmm... Dead or alive??? Thank God it is a server side thing.
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-25-2007 , 22:51   Re: Advanced Chat (gag, mute, deadtalk)

This plugin is no longer supported stand alone. Imported into sm base as "basecomm"