Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] End Round Exploit Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

dacomb
Old 12-02-2009 , 02:36   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #11

Just curious what the Round End Exploit does.
I'm assuming it's a VS thing?
I've not played a game where it's happened so I'm not familiar with it or why I would need it for my server.

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment.
Kevin_b_er
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-02-2009 , 03:34   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #12

Already known. It was posted to the hlds_linux mailing list almost a month ago, and it was taken out of a troll community to make it there. I'll post a public source version that probably does the same thing (block the commands outright) if you don't want to.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-02-2009 , 03:41   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #13

I've removed the binary plugin from the first post. As Bail has probably already responded, there are no exceptions for the source requirement.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 12-02-2009 , 08:12   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacomb View Post
Just curious what the Round End Exploit does.
I'm assuming it's a VS thing?
I've not played a game where it's happened so I'm not familiar with it or why I would need it for my server.

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment.
It works in both coop and VS.
In coop it instantly returns the party to lobby, in versus it ends the round right there on the stop, and if hammered enough, will continue to end the round, adding the score up for the active survivor team, and basically hanging the game up for an ending sequence equal to however many times the round is ended.

Source posted.
Equilibrium
Old 12-02-2009 , 14:30   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #15

Thank
It work very well =)
Old 12-02-2009 , 18:07   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
It works in both coop and VS.
In coop it instantly returns the party to lobby, in versus it ends the round right there on the stop, and if hammered enough, will continue to end the round, adding the score up for the active survivor team, and basically hanging the game up for an ending sequence equal to however many times the round is ended.
Thanks for the explanation. I had to LOL at the scores though!! :P That's such a silly thing to do! But I don't play a lot of VS anyway... I'm sure someone doing it in a public game could create a lot of rage quitting...
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 12-02-2009 , 21:54   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacomb View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I had to LOL at the scores though!! That's such a silly thing to do! But I don't play a lot of VS anyway... I'm sure someone doing it in a public game could create a lot of rage quitting...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
We used to think it was a server bug, then I discovered the exploit and started testing it, and now that we KNOW its an exploit, my friends and myself rage any time it happens.

So for now we kick everyone out of my server and use it when we want to play -.- sorry pubs

I would like to "catch" when someone tries to end the round, and then print into chat "soandso tried to end the round with an exploit, but didn't know it was blocked!" but I don't know how.

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 12-02-2009 at 21:56.
Unauthorized
Old 12-03-2009 , 00:35   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #18

I knew about the 2nd flag for awhile I just added it to Kigens so it would auto ban anybody trying to use it, but I never knew about the first flag I guess I better add that also. But thanks for the plugin I was going to make my own a long time ago but never got around to learning the sourcemod API.
Equilibrium
Old 12-03-2009 , 09:55   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #19

It's possible to add a fonction in your plugin that notify to admin (in chat) the player who try to exploit this bug in the server ?

Pending a fix, it would be interesting to take sanctions against this type of player to discourage them to try again elsewhere.
BANNED
Old 12-06-2009 , 22:58   Re: [L4D] End Round Exploit Fix
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
It's possible to add a fonction in your plugin that notify to admin (in chat) the player who try to exploit this bug in the server ?

Pending a fix, it would be interesting to take sanctions against this type of player to discourage them to try again elsewhere.

I'm looking into it, but it looks like I'd have to block it a different way than setting its flags to do that.