Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources

Post New Thread Reply   

killertudse
Old 12-05-2017 , 13:12   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #61

Appears to be causing some overflow erros causing server crash which typically happens when there are too many things on the download table.

I am currently trying to fix this be exluding things.
By using the exclusion configs, do i have to assign every single file to be excluded, or is it enough to specify a specific folder
like so:
models/gmod_tower/

Last edited by killertudse; 12-05-2017 at 13:14.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2018 , 19:34   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #62

The plugin still works?

I have the latest version of the plugin but there are some skins I use in the Custom Weapons Plugin that gets a giant error box, it only solves the problem if I download the skins myself and manually send them to my CSGO.
digin
Old 09-01-2020 , 00:11   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #63

Added for .ANI file
Attached Files
File Type: smx S_Downloader.smx (6.9 KB, 239 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (S_Downloader.sp - 516 views - 5.4 KB)

Last edited by digin; 09-01-2020 at 00:24.
Rugal
Old 01-11-2021 , 09:21   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #64

What is the exact function of this plugin? I couldn't understand, is he a type of "FastDL" ?, please, can someone explain to me in detail?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2021 , 22:53   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugal View Post
What is the exact function of this plugin? I couldn't understand, is he a type of "FastDL" ?, please, can someone explain to me in detail?
Here's one way to think of it... A downloader plugin tells clients that connect to your server which custom content such as models or sounds needs to be downloaded to their computer.

Without this sort of plugin the client won't have the custom content on their computer. If the custom model is worn by any player it won't be visible to anyone that hasn't downloaded the model. Instead, they'll see a big red ERROR. When a custom sound is played anyone who doesn't have a copy of the sound on their computer won't hear it.

A FastDL server is just a fancy name for a web server. In fact, if you know the address of the FastDL server you can browse to it with your web browser. A FastDL server can transfer files much faster than your game server can. It is good for players who connect to your game server because it relieves the game server of having to download files players to players. If a FastDL server is used it will take over the responsibility of downloading files to users. But there is a big catch to this.... A FastDL server knows what map a player needs when it is played but it has no idea which custom content files players need.

So... Players that connect to your server will need to be told which custom files they might need while on your server. The downloader plugin does that. It basically tells players which directories and or files contain custom content that needs to be downloaded to players. If you use a FastDL server the players will quickly get their custom content from that FastDL server. If you don't have a FastDL server the players will slowly get their custom content from your game server, and possibly lag other players while downloads are taking place.

My server plays the Jeopardy theme song when a map vote is displayed. If I didn't use a downloader plugin nobody would download the music. Music doesn't play for the player and models don't display for the player unless they exists on the players local machine

I hope this helps explain what a downloader plugin does. You really only need it if you are hosting custom sounds or models on your server.
Rugal
Old 01-12-2021 , 12:59   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Here's one way to think of it... A downloader plugin tells clients that connect to your server which custom content such as models or sounds needs to be downloaded to their computer.

Without this sort of plugin the client won't have the custom content on their computer. If the custom model is worn by any player it won't be visible to anyone that hasn't downloaded the model. Instead, they'll see a big red ERROR. When a custom sound is played anyone who doesn't have a copy of the sound on their computer won't hear it.

A FastDL server is just a fancy name for a web server. In fact, if you know the address of the FastDL server you can browse to it with your web browser. A FastDL server can transfer files much faster than your game server can. It is good for players who connect to your game server because it relieves the game server of having to download files players to players. If a FastDL server is used it will take over the responsibility of downloading files to users. But there is a big catch to this.... A FastDL server knows what map a player needs when it is played but it has no idea which custom content files players need.

So... Players that connect to your server will need to be told which custom files they might need while on your server. The downloader plugin does that. It basically tells players which directories and or files contain custom content that needs to be downloaded to players. If you use a FastDL server the players will quickly get their custom content from that FastDL server. If you don't have a FastDL server the players will slowly get their custom content from your game server, and possibly lag other players while downloads are taking place.

My server plays the Jeopardy theme song when a map vote is displayed. If I didn't use a downloader plugin nobody would download the music. Music doesn't play for the player and models don't display for the player unless they exists on the players local machine

I hope this helps explain what a downloader plugin does. You really only need it if you are hosting custom sounds or models on your server.
Ah, I understand now what it does, it is that lately I am having a problem with a file that customers cannot download, basically it is a plugin where the color of the smoke changes, and the file to do this was not being downloaded. It was only downloaded after the client connected a second time to the server. Can this plugin fix this?
the file path is: csgo/particles/coloredsmoke.pcf
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-28-2022 , 10:50   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #67

Very nice plugin, a good improvement on the SM Downloader & Precacher plugin.
Toranks
Old 05-29-2022 , 01:03   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #68

Is there a way to exclude all sounds, for example, instead of putting every folder on the exclude file?
Banciyuan
Old 02-02-2023 , 04:43   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #69

After the first download, it needs to be downloaded every time it enters the server, can it be closed?
BallGanda
Old 11-28-2023 , 17:54   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #70

I added this to my server and maybe I'm a bit thick.

I connected with a client and the client downloaded every resource for EVERY map I have installed on the server then loaded into the 1st map. Loading resources for every map on the server takes a while and is not expected when loading a map that has no addon resources.

Is there a setting for clients to download only the resources for the current map?