Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

TACOfarmerXD
Old 04-11-2010 , 13:00   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

So does this work without mysql and does it work with the newest sourcemod?

Edit- I'm guessing you do need mysql because i tested it and nothing. Does it matter what version?
When you edit the databases.cfg what do you change in this? I added it to the file and all I really could change was the password, there was no user involved in installing mysql

"roleplay"
{
"driver" "default"
"host" "127.0.0.1"
"database" "DATABASENAME"
"user" "USER"
"pass" "*******"
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

Thats what mine is at the moment
Is that right? do I add the 27015 to the port part?
user = what am i supposed to use when there was no user
Databasename?? I have no clue
Host = The first part of the ip of my server?? or leave it the same

Last edited by TACOfarmerXD; 04-11-2010 at 13:56.
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2010 , 08:34   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

i like how some of this is coded and that how you set everything up but you used way to much code. a file size of over 326kb.... thats way to much lol. mines 270kb so mines bad to i love some of the stuff you made.
wmchris
Old 04-25-2010 , 15:29   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

i really advice everyone NOT to use this plugin. It contains some good ideas, but it's HORRIBLY coded.

It floods a mysql server with around 550queries with every save, contains massive amounts of non working code, has many security holes, ... et.c.
Syle22
Old 04-26-2010 , 23:12   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

to many bugs couldn't setup correctly :/
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 14:44   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

yep. i copyed some ideas but coded it my self so its not buggy. i dont like how the menus are set up and how buggy the multi buy is. also the saving is fucked lol. its not worth the bother using sql untill its set up properly with having the saves working better and have a proper layout e.g. saving the stuff in 1 minuits and others in 10 minuits.
bboyxeno
Old 04-28-2010 , 21:43   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master53 View Post
yep. i copyed some ideas but coded it my self so its not buggy. i dont like how the menus are set up and how buggy the multi buy is. also the saving is fucked lol. its not worth the bother using sql untill its set up properly with having the saves working better and have a proper layout e.g. saving the stuff in 1 minuits and others in 10 minuits.
same here. i used what is of my scripting skills (not much) and copied the player rob feature. its still got a little bit of bugs but it is a very cool feature for a roleplay server. its too bad the whole plugin woudlnt work for me but thanx to benni for trying
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2010 , 15:55   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

you do know he was forced to upload it by the gps laws and that he dident post all of the infomation on how to get it to work. but theres only a fue stuff thats usable
bboyxeno
Old 04-29-2010 , 16:24   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master53 View Post
you do know he was forced to upload it by the gps laws and that he dident post all of the infomation on how to get it to work. but theres only a fue stuff thats usable
oh, i didnt kno he was forced to upload it. and yeah when i first used the plugin (without editing SQL or anything) the only feature that worked was:
- Fixed NPC DOG isn't killable by AR2 balls anymore.
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2010 , 16:59   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

yea. there are some that work and some that dont. i extracted it all and placed it without sql. it was diabolical
trooper196
Old 05-10-2010 , 17:41   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay - Original by Pinkfairie and Krim and edited by Benni & PoLoIvAn

why cant every scripter or help krim instead of having loads of other rp plugins its just gay every server u go on theirs different plug ins so confusion
Closed Thread