Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

dedimark
Old 07-12-2018 , 13:20   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #101

who is remember tf2 quick play? connect from tf2 quick play = no motd.
I think valve making something like that for csgo. Rules(Guidelines) breaker = no motd.

Last edited by dedimark; 07-12-2018 at 13:21.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2018 , 10:36   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
I'm sorry but I'm one to use !ws on my servers as well as advertisements. I believe in the freedom to not have to pay for VIP etc and have pay to win aspects hence why my VIP features are VERY limited.

I simply run !ws because that's what people demanded, not due to the fact I want to be a cunt to fellow communities or yardy yardy ya. I would love to see the decline of the plugin as it is very scummy indeed but what's one person going to stop hundreds of others?

I understand the people who do not want to go to the level of adding it to their servers, I appreciate you for not stooping that low however if that's what they want, they want it.

As for advertisements, yes loud intrusive adverts which play every 30 seconds is horrific and those that do it are into profit ONLY. My advertisements are on animated banners so produce no noise pollution for players and this is how it should be. Does it decrease the profit? Of course it does but do I care about profit? No.

Advertisements are only used for covering the costs (as yes I find running a community fun, I don't find it fun being £300 short every month) as well as development costs (as I don't have all day, I work also). I've also got to the point where I've decided to start rewarding staff members with the extra cash from monthly cash outs. I don't want the money, it's the communities at the end of the day and I am just the director.

For those that will attack me and attempt to argue with my post are just naive and can't respect another opinion. No one here is right or wrong, let Valve do what they wish. I think there's both good and bad to come of it but I really do believe they'll kill off their game even more than they have done if majority of community servers close down (because 90% are for 100% profit and ear raping you) as people won't want to start server progress again each time and they'll be less servers to cater for the tens of thousands of people.
Correct.
Anyway , I think it's not necessary to talk about this, if you're owning a server , we should known what people want in there.
If your member don't want ws or knife . you are lucky I guess , maybe they're all over 30 years old players. Otherwise , if they want ws , knife. We had to add it, unless you're accept to pay about 300$/month nad leaving your server empty ? :'( that's a sad story.
I personally don't like to use those plugins, more plugins more lag .... But finally I still have to use it. And it not free .
Old 07-14-2018 , 03:36   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #103

I used to have a pretty popular CS:GO Mini Games server. After people started creating the !ws plugins people would come on my server type !ws see it didn't work and instantly disconnect. It got to the point where for fun I turned the !ws command into a web page that would open with a laughing gif. They then started banning people for using it and for a while nothing noticeable changed. Then people figured out how to just brute force the tokens after they got banned. After that people started dropping off slowly as I refused to use such services against Valve's policy. My server is now completely dead.

It was a bit shocking to me after Valve went through all the trouble and listing out the terms and everything to not do anything about people still breaking the rules. I really don't blame people for doing it now a days, I mean why wouldn't you, Valve doesn't seem to give a shit.

As for the dude saying create new content and a new game mode to compete, I really think you have no idea what you are talking about. Creating a brand new game mode and educating people on how it works and it's existance is extremely hard. Unless you have like a Youtuber making videos of your new game or a dedicated following yourself your chances are very low at it being successful. I mean how many new original game modes can you even name that have been created here in even the past few years?
Old 07-14-2018 , 06:45   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts
I used to have a pretty popular CS:GO Mini Games server. After people started creating the !ws plugins people would come on my server type !ws see it didn't work and instantly disconnect. It got to the point where for fun I turned the !ws command into a web page that would open with a laughing gif. They then started banning people for using it and for a while nothing noticeable changed. Then people figured out how to just brute force the tokens after they got banned. After that people started dropping off slowly as I refused to use such services against Valve's policy. My server is now completely dead.
Yep, that's exactly the story of my life.

Quote:
I really think you have no idea what you are talking about. Creating a brand new game mode and educating people on how it works and it's existance is extremely hard.
Plus if it becomes popular, somebody will do something similar on sourcemod (open sourcing it) and then all the servers with !ws will now have it.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 07-14-2018 at 06:46.
Proz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2018 , 06:55   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Yep, that's exactly the story of my life.

Plus if it becomes popular, somebody will do something similar on sourcemod (open sourcing it) and then all the servers with !ws will now have it.
Sad, but true.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2018 , 07:18   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post

It was a bit shocking to me after Valve went through all the trouble and listing out the terms and everything to not do anything about people still breaking the rules. I really don't blame people for doing it now a days, I mean why wouldn't you, Valve doesn't seem to give a shit.

As for the dude saying create new content and a new game mode to compete, I really think you have no idea what you are talking about. Creating a brand new game mode and educating people on how it works and it's existance is extremely hard. Unless you have like a Youtuber making videos of your new game or a dedicated following yourself your chances are very low at it being successful. I mean how many new original game modes can you even name that have been created here in even the past few years?
I am currently considering to publish my failing Gun XP mod that I ported from 1.6 to CS:GO, as someone who worked on a game mode in the past, do you think that I should do it?

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 07-14-2018 at 07:18.
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2018 , 01:12   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #107

I would be interested in why Valve is not doing anything against the rule breakers. They definately know about the issue as me and many friends has wrote emails to them.

Some possible options (guesses):
a) they don't care, because they now have data showing that these !ws-plugin running on some servers doesn't impact or even increase the return of skin-selling.
b) they don't care, because they don't like community server.
c) they don't see a soluton
d) they are frightened to fuck-off the players by eliminating this plugin totally
e) they are happy to have a little return by continously new created accounts (maybe they don't know about these token-selling web-pages)
f) at Valve everybody may choose, what he wants to work at! But nobody thinks that this is bringing any big value for the players...

Honestly nothing of these options I could imagine, is convincing me to be the true reason. What do you think?
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2018 , 02:33   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #108

People will do anything for a leg-up, that's why they do it. Don't believe me? Look at cheating in any video game, ever. And if they don't get caught, they're all the better for it.
A_RM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2018 , 21:54   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #109

I respect your opinion Arkarr and you make a fair point but this is how I look at it...

To me using these sorts of plugins doesn't always have to be founded on malicious intent, like "stealing away players from honest servers" or "causing strict enforcement by Valve". Personally I don't use these plugins to get more people to play on my server, in fact I don't care how many people play on my servers. Most don't host servers to try and turn a profit, I know I sure don't (and I don't), so it's not a big deal that my servers aren't full.

What it boils down to is that most players want weapon skins... so I give it to them, it's as simple as that. Why not try to make the experience better for them? I just want my players to be happy.

Unfortunately it comes at a high price, both in a monetary sense and in a "destroying THE WHOLE COMMUNITY" sense as you say
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2018 , 01:26   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_RM View Post
What it boils down to is that most players want weapon skins... so I give it to them, it's as simple as that. Why not try to make the experience better for them? I just want my players to be happy.
OmegaLUL. Every damn drug dealer could bring up the same reason.
You are providing illegal shit and serving an illegal market. If you don't care how many players are playing on your server stop providing illegal shit. But you care for your player count. Everything else I can't believe, if you are hosting !ws-!knife-plugins.