Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Grabber:SM

Post New Thread Reply   

FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2008 , 13:44   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #21

there's an exploit with this, people can get on top of something wide and flat, like a pallet or crate, and then use +grab on it, then they can fly around like it's a spacecraft. I kid you not, I've seen it twice in my server. They use it to get on top of things that normally you can't get on. It's hilarious to see, but a big exploit.

Any way to fix this that you guys can think of? I was thinking maybe a cvar that would limit how long an object can be picked up for, maybe max of 5 seconds would fix this exploit?

But I dunno how to add a cvar like that to this plugin.

Also, is there any way to make it for only 1 team can throw things? Need a cvar for that as well.

I don't know how to code for SM so any help with this would be appreciated, maybe someone can guide me in the right direction.
Old 08-04-2008 , 19:18   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #22

i figured out how they do the exploit. You just stand on the object, grab it, then keep pressing your jump key. You can literally fly to wherever you want to go, and basically control it.. its so easy too.

HUGE exploit with this.

Any way to fix it?
Old 08-04-2008 , 19:56   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #23

The only way I can think of to fix it, at least an immediate fix, would be to only let people pick up an object for a max amount of time, let's say like 4 seconds, before they drop it. So if they wanted to fly somewhere, they would have to be very quick.

I have tried messing with all the settings such as grab distance, hold distance, object speed, and other settings, but no matter what I set those things to, the exploit still works.

Also, I want to make it for both teams can +grab things, but only a specific player can +throw things, I want him to be the "super player".

So I ask this:

1) How can I edit the code of this plugin for a person can only hold an object for a max of 4 seconds before it automatically drops, and doesn't let them pick it up again for another 2 seconds? Hopefully this will be a temporary fix to the exploit

2) How can I edit the code of this plugin for anyone carrying the weapon "ak47" (it has to be equipped) can use the +throw command, but if they don't have "ak47" equipped, they can't +throw?
Old 08-04-2008 , 22:25   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTF2Server View Post
The only way I can think of to fix it, at least an immediate fix, would be to only let people pick up an object for a max amount of time, let's say like 4 seconds, before they drop it. So if they wanted to fly somewhere, they would have to be very quick.
Why not just release the object if they are touching it? You should be able to do this by hooking 'OnPlayerTouch' with HookEntityOutput.
Old 08-04-2008 , 23:37   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hippo View Post
Why not just release the object if they are touching it? You should be able to do this by hooking 'OnPlayerTouch' with HookEntityOutput.
hmm that might work, ill have to test it out - but i'm not sure what part of the code i would have to edit to do that, im not good .sp coder
Old 08-05-2008 , 15:40   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #26

Add plz Dissolve players
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-07-2008 , 03:16   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #27

I tried the TF2 version, I looked in the source and see +grab was renamed to +grav. Both +grav and +throw do the same thing it seems, I'm not sure what's different.

I made a youtube vid of this in action, showing what an engineer can do. Its an empty server with bots for the demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vb6L27h0NI

I can see this plugin has a lot of potential, I can't wait until someone really refines this so its limited somewhat. I'd love it if only heavy's could use it, and they could move sentries short distances or something. This "moving stuff around" stuff is pretty neat!

Last edited by ratty; 08-07-2008 at 03:44.
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2008 , 08:22   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #28

can someone do that fix above where it checks if object is touching you, and if so, drops the object and doesn't let you pick it back up for another 2 seconds.

please, it's a huge exploit and making this plugin unusable.
Old 08-07-2008 , 16:49   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTF2Server View Post
1) How can I edit the code of this plugin for a person can only hold an object for a max of 4 seconds before it automatically drops, and doesn't let them pick it up again for another 2 seconds? Hopefully this will be a temporary fix to the exploit
The version I supplied has a variable -- sm_grabber_duration that does that.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:00   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I tried the TF2 version, I looked in the source and see +grab was renamed to +grav. Both +grav and +throw do the same thing it seems, I'm not sure what's different.
I renamed +grab to +grav because we also use the Hook+Grab+Rope plugin, which already uses +grab and it conflicted with this plugin

I also changed +throw to call Grab (+grav) if an object is not being held so we can use only 1 key (+throw) instead of 2 (+grab & +throw).

I have attached my latest version, it also adds another convar (sm_grabber_props) to enable/disable grabbing props. In TF2, the supply cabinets are props and if you let them grab props, they can move the cabinets around. We had someone barricade the spawn doors with cabinets once

I have also included the .smx and the .inc (which is only needed by other plugins that want to call zgrabber functions)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zgrabber.sp - 632 views - 29.6 KB)
File Type: smx zgrabber.smx (12.5 KB, 182 views)
File Type: inc zgrabber.inc (4.3 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by naris; 08-07-2008 at 17:07.