Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Basic-Master
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 19:02   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Giving up? Probably not, I'm just barely writing plugins in Pawn any more and quite busy doing other jobs at the moment. I couldn't reproduce these two reported bugs though, if you get a crash report, feel free to send it to me though (via PM).
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
hoboman
Old 03-28-2008 , 21:19   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

that's weird...I am able to reproduce this bug ALMOST every time...if you didn't get a crash the first time try it with another function

The crash actually happens AFTER I type out the full function name and get to the bracket (...then if I click on the auto-completion box p.s. crashes...here is a screeny of what I mean

I can reproduce this crash every time...

I know I pm'ed you about this bug already, but if I open pawn studio then close it within the first second, it pops up a message that it crashed...I am also able to reproduce this crash every time. Here is a screeny:

( pawn studio is already closed )

One more thing...the contents of the "replace" window don't completely fit inside the window...here is what it looks like on my comp:
Old 03-31-2008 , 02:20   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

It's ultra seksi, BM! Good job
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
TFN|Nick
Old 04-02-2008 , 06:24   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

I know the bug Hoboman is talking about... i've had this as well. It only seems to happen when the compiler is loaded in the settings though- i run a copy at work without the SourceMod .inc files or compiler and never get this issue.

I am work now but i'll pm you the error logs later.

Btw- it is an awesome tool, even with the few bugs it has. It's sleek!
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick
toazron1
Old 04-21-2008 , 18:12   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

I just found a minor replace / search bug.

If you "replace all" with confirm enabled, once you reach the bottom (Yes to search from top pops up) it will start searching from the top and catch the first occurrence of the string, but it will not ask you to confirm the replace. When you click the search button again, it goes to the second occurrence and the confirm comes up.
Old 04-24-2008 , 18:22   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

hobo man what kind of computer do you have?
Why is your computers color set to 16 bit?
Shaman
Old 05-06-2008 , 13:50   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

I think this should be released as an alpha version and users should be warned before downloading. Like the other users, I ditched the old AMXx Studio and moved to Pawn Studio, but now I got that I have made a really bad decision. Pawn Studio crashes and stops responding all the time. I've lost hours of effort trying to use this thing.

Quote:
It has also become a lot faster and more reliable than the old AMXX-Studio so it's definitely worth upgrading.
This is not true. I don't know what kind of computer do you have, but AMXx Studio works better than Pawn Studio in my computer and it's way more stable than Pawn Studio.

You see that other people are having problems too. Please stop announcing this like a revolution in the coding universe and keep it away from public.
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2008 , 01:16   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
I think this should be released as an alpha version and users should be warned before downloading. Like the other users, I ditched the old AMXx Studio and moved to Pawn Studio, but now I got that I have made a really bad decision. Pawn Studio crashes and stops responding all the time. I've lost hours of effort trying to use this thing.

This is not true. I don't know what kind of computer do you have, but AMXx Studio works better than Pawn Studio in my computer and it's way more stable than Pawn Studio.

You see that other people are having problems too. Please stop announcing this like a revolution in the coding universe and keep it away from public.
You may want to note that Pawn Studio is developed solely by Basic Master, a very strong and literate programmer (He's German which makes him that much more awesome; Ja?). But he's still just one guy trying to write software to allow you to write more software :-). I love his programs, all of them and have used them all although I don't use them much anymore. Yes, they do/did crash often, however I accepted it as it is still a free product with some kinks.

I came to accept the small problems or even bigger problems and tried to help them get fixed; which is what you should do. Rather than bickering about how there are problems and how this should be an Alpha, instead write what exactly you did, in what sequence, try to debug it for him so you won't have these problems later.

Slmclarengt

P.S. This comment is not intended to be disrespectful/racist by any means, but I love Döners which I ate while in Germany for a month; man I wish they had those in the states, it would be my entire diet .

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Greentryst
WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?!
Old 05-07-2008 , 03:50   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
I think this should be released as an alpha version and users should be warned before downloading.
WARNING: RELEASING HELPFUL TOOLS FOR FREE MAY RESULT IN USERS BECOMING WHINY AND UNGRATEFUL SACKS OF PUS

Either explain your problems in sufficient detail for tech support or shut your fool mouth.
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-07-2008 , 11:39   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

@Shaman: If you want to complain, think before you post a flamebaited post

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 05-07-2008 at 11:42. Reason: removed "potential" rude remark
Closed Thread