Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Server Help Wanted

Post New Thread Reply   

MayoBB
Old 08-15-2019 , 17:22   Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #1

Howdy Allied Modders,

I'm looking for some help setting up my server (a rental online). Specifically creating some easy to use autoexec's that can be loaded via the sm_admin menu. I would be willing to compensate time using paypal. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out my own way.

TLDR: Looking for a simple way to switch the server from Casual, GunGame, Deathmatch, Some kind of Captains script, and Competitive. Getting rid of Warmode, on and off.

Appreciate everyone's time.
Halt
Old 08-19-2019 , 12:14   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #2

Best advice if you're planning to run a server(s). Learn it yourself. It is your server after all, I wouldn't want random people all up in my FTP or databases.

Edit - Sourcemods and Source Engine in general have more online Wikis/Tutorials then any other you will find. Minus AMX and GoldSRC

Last edited by Halt; 08-19-2019 at 12:14.
mlov420
Old 08-19-2019 , 14:51   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #3

Hey MayoBB,

I'm interested if you are still looking. I've been operating CS:GO servers for 7 years now, have a well established community, and an honest reputation. Our private servers are almost exactly like what you're asking, where I have multiple configs available on the admin menu that allow you to swap between game modes easily and completely. I have casual, competitive, scrim/match, deathmatch, multi-cfg deathmatch, 3am gungame, captains, warmup, knife, 1v1, 2v2, and a couple others readily available, and am more than happy to help configure other modes as well if you're interested.

I am located in New York, and am familiar with using a variety of game server hosts here in NA (nfo, swiftnode, fragready, gameservers, eoreality). DM me if you're interested and I will give you a link my steam account or discord, whichever you prefer to communicate on. We can chat on one of those further and layout expectations before either of us commit to anything.

Take care bud, maybe I'll hear from you soon.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2019 , 22:56   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #4

what is captains?
Old 08-20-2019 , 06:19   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #5

My personal use for it is when running 10 mans during the captains/pick phase. It's nothing special, just does a few things like stick everyone in spectator, mute people in spec, spawning players in without the round restarting, restricting killing or weapons to keep the unnecessary noise to a minimum, etc.

I assumed he meant something similar.
MayoBB
Old 08-20-2019 , 21:34   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halt View Post
Best advice if you're planning to run a server(s). Learn it yourself. It is your server after all, I wouldn't want random people all up in my FTP or databases.

Edit - Sourcemods and Source Engine in general have more online Wikis/Tutorials then any other you will find. Minus AMX and GoldSRC
So just an update. I did after many hours of trial and error get "exec's", in t he source mod menu, to change game modes to work! It's hard for this old plumber, but i'm learning. (slowly)

That said i will be PM'ing people later this week when i get some free time. There is a lot i'm struggling with.

One of the minor issues is with downloads. In particular 95% people can download the maps (hosted on Microsoft azure) linked from the server, the other 5% claims it just freezes or gets stuck at a certain percentage. I'm super confused on this. I tried making a workshop map list so people can subscribe to the SAME maps i have uploaded on the server, to sort of pre-download but that doesn't seem to work either. any ideas?
Halt
Old 08-21-2019 , 10:44   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoBB View Post
So just an update. I did after many hours of trial and error get "exec's", in t he source mod menu, to change game modes to work! It's hard for this old plumber, but i'm learning. (slowly)

That said i will be PM'ing people later this week when i get some free time. There is a lot i'm struggling with.

One of the minor issues is with downloads. In particular 95% people can download the maps (hosted on Microsoft azure) linked from the server, the other 5% claims it just freezes or gets stuck at a certain percentage. I'm super confused on this. I tried making a workshop map list so people can subscribe to the SAME maps i have uploaded on the server, to sort of pre-download but that doesn't seem to work either. any ideas?
That's how I learned/am still learning man. Never be too prideful to ask for help or for explanations. You can always PM me and I'll do my best to help answer any questions.

As for Azure.... I usually tell people to stick with Linux. Their OS's run better if they're acting as a server & there's a LOT of linux support. Plus its free

Check all error logs, scrds logs (your game logs located in your game dir tf/logs cs/logs hl2mp/logs) Check SM logs just incase.
And check your actual server terminal/logs. See what your server says when a player who has connection issues freezes next time. Perhaps ask one of them to join while you monitor the server. Perhaps you will find something that way.

Lastly, there are guys on here with LOTS of knowledge about LOTS of things. Just gotta find the right person. Many of the SM devs/supporters have degrees related to computers.

Last edited by Halt; 08-21-2019 at 10:44. Reason: Auto correct typo