12% 

CS2 Fake Rcon

Post New Thread Reply   

Wizzardoff
Old 10-09-2023 , 12:28   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmisel View Post
I'm not sure whether you're referring to me, but I don't understand what that cli part means.

I am convinced I am missing something small and it should be easy, but the explanation is made more difficult or even incorrect.
Download from github full release https://github.com/Salvatore-Als/cs2-fake-rcon/releases and extract folder to desktop. You will get addons folder. drop it to game/csgo folder on server. Edit config.ini in /game/csgo/addons/configs/fake_rcon on server. Thats it. I made those steps and it works great

Last edited by Wizzardoff; 10-09-2023 at 12:30.
Kriax
Old 10-10-2023 , 04:53   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #32

It's possible that the file encoding created a problem reading the file, try encoding it in UTF8 without bom, but I'm not sure.
I'm trying to find a solution to the fact that sometimes it doesn't detect the rcon well.

Regards,
kryddersonn
Old 10-10-2023 , 13:01   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #33

Works great for me! just needed to add the rcon.txt file even on the new version, atleast that fixed it for me
kryddersonn
Old 10-10-2023 , 13:04   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmisel View Post
Hi Kriax,

Thank you for providing these plugins. I tried several times, but no success. As have other people.

Would you be so kind to record your screen and show us how it's done? I've been trying for a few days already.

Now I can't even re-install my server anymore. I created a support ticket in the meanwhile for this.

Hope you're willing to record your screen and help the CS2 community out. Recording your screen will also prevent any language barriers that might exist.

Thanks again.

if you need help resolving i can try, if you didnt fix it ;https://steamcommunity.com/id/krydderr/
Kriax
Old 10-10-2023 , 14:56   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryddersonn View Post
Works great for me! just needed to add the rcon.txt file even on the new version, atleast that fixed it for me
rcon.txt is not needed anymore because there is a config.ini file in /addons/configs/fake_rcon

Thanks for the proposal, but I have fixed the problem, I'm not familiar with C++, I made a mistake.

vmisel, the release 1.2.1 fix the problem.
Please update it manually (or from your provider auto plugin), go to /addons/config/fake_rcon/config.ini and not on METAMOD FOLDER and config your rcon_password line, you have made a mistake on your config file, you have set "fake_rcon_password", please change for "rcon_password", if needed refer to my tutorial
vmisel
Old 10-19-2023 , 17:02   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriax View Post
rcon.txt is not needed anymore because there is a config.ini file in /addons/configs/fake_rcon

Thanks for the proposal, but I have fixed the problem, I'm not familiar with C++, I made a mistake.

vmisel, the release 1.2.1 fix the problem.
Please update it manually (or from your provider auto plugin), go to /addons/config/fake_rcon/config.ini and not on METAMOD FOLDER and config your rcon_password line, you have made a mistake on your config file, you have set "fake_rcon_password", please change for "rcon_password", if needed refer to my tutorial
Your explanation is terrible, I am sorry. I can't do anything with your explanations. I am not the only one having these problems.
vmisel
Old 10-19-2023 , 17:03   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryddersonn View Post
if you need help resolving i can try, if you didnt fix it ;https://steamcommunity.com/id/krydderr/
Hi there, Thank you for your offer. I have added you on Steam
Kriax
Old 10-19-2023 , 17:15   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #38

My instructions are clear, the other problems simply came from the plugin itself ;)
I don't see how I can be clearer than this post https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...2&postcount=15, but i'll try :

1) Download the plugins

2) Be sure you are using the 1.1.2 version with "meta list" on your SERVER CONSOLE

3) Put it in the addons folder

4) Edit the config.ini file BE SURE YOU ARE USING "rcon_password" AND NOT "fake_rcon_password" (This was the case at the time of my last message).

5) On your server console (OR LOGS) during the starting up, check the logs "FAKE RCON IS", you will be sure if is working or not

6) Use fake_rcon_password THE_RCON_THAT_YOU_SET_ON_RCON_PASSWORD_IN_CON FIG_FILE

7) Use fake_rcon changelevel de_dust2
Zontir
Old 10-22-2023 , 15:33   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #39

Greetings, thank you very much for creating this plugin!
I have found a little problem that gave me a headache for a few minutes because my password did not work, and is that if the password starts with 0 the 0 is ignored and when you enter the password that is in the configuration file says the message "Bad password".
Onaj
Old 10-30-2023 , 07:35   Re: CS2 Fake Rcon
Reply With Quote #40

@Kriax

Does the other plugins you have in this screenshot work in CS2 ??

" https://prnt.sc/NecS1lYkKj3I "

In this post: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2811082

Wonderful work being one of the glorious first ;-)

Last edited by Onaj; 10-30-2023 at 07:36.