Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts

Post New Thread Reply   

iShot
Old 09-17-2015 , 02:53   9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #1

Dear reader,

We've probably all seen these errors already:
  • Fatal Error: ED_Alloc: no free edicts
  • Fatal Error: Host_Error: CVEngineServer::PrecacheModel: 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx' overflow, too many models

To my limited knowledge, they appear when (ED_Alloc) there is too many models on the map and when (Host_Error) the model precache limit is hit. The limit is currently 1024 which is fine for models, but this table also includes materials.

Now, my servers where running fine with a few plugins for hats, models, sprays, etc. but after the update of 9/15/2015 (for server owners the already infamous model bones and gamedata update) I now started having frequent crashed because of this ED_Alloc and Precachemodel...

Is there a way I can fight this myself, as a server owner (compacting files into one? something else?) without having to limit the content my players like? (Although I'll probably have to get rid of all player models anyway because with the new update they don't work properly anymore).

Thanks in advance,

iShot

Last edited by iShot; 09-17-2015 at 02:53.
Cthen
Old 09-17-2015 , 03:19   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=270633

At the end of that thread I found a solution with 2 cvars that may or may not help. I had the no free edicts problem on one TF2 server a bit ago and still no problems after the update.
iShot
Old 09-17-2015 , 03:22   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthen View Post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=270633

At the end of that thread I found a solution with 2 cvars that may or may not help. I had the no free edicts problem on one TF2 server a bit ago and still no problems after the update.
Unfortunately these variables don't seem to work for CSGO:

Code:
sv_lowedict_action
Unknown command "sv_lowedict_action"
sm_cvar sv_lowedict_action
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_lowedict_action

sv_lowedict_threshold
Unknown command "sv_lowedict_threshold"
sm_cvar sv_lowedict_threshold
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_lowedict_threshold

Last edited by iShot; 09-17-2015 at 03:23.
MMZ_Kask
Old 09-18-2015 , 20:56   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #4

Does anyone have a solution for this? I've started receiving this issue more often on my CSGO KZ servers since the last update, on maps that were not a problem before. We run 50 models.

Code:
Warning:  Table modelprecache is full, can't add models/player/kuristaja/octodad/octodad_black.mdl
Host_Error: CVEngineServer:: PrecacheModel: 'models/player/kuristaja/octodad/octodad_black.mdl' overflow, too many models

Host_Error: CVEngineServer:: PrecacheModel: 'models/player/kuristaja/octodad/octodad_black.mdl' overflow, too many models

Last edited by MMZ_Kask; 09-21-2015 at 10:02.
imsirius
Old 09-21-2015 , 08:59   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ_Kask View Post
Does anyone have a solution for this? I've started receiving this issue more often on my CSGO KZ servers since the last update, on maps that we're a problem before. We run 50 models.

Code:
Warning:  Table modelprecache is full, can't add models/player/kuristaja/octodad/octodad_black.mdl

Bumping this, as we are seeing the issue too. Anyone find a workaround?
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-21-2015 , 09:29   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #6

remove some models/materials.....
or remove the map that is causing it....
KnoXviLLe
Old 09-21-2015 , 16:57   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #7

This is really hard problem.Models+Store model is it problem i think..

Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2015 , 18:06   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
remove some models/materials.....
or remove the map that is causing it....

The above is the only fix. It's not store or any other plugins.

You need to reduce the precache size by putting in less *stuff*

Last edited by Neuro Toxin; 09-21-2015 at 18:07.
MMZ_Kask
Old 09-22-2015 , 11:25   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
The above is the only fix. It's not store or any other plugins.

You need to reduce the precache size by putting in less *stuff*
Is there any way to view the current precache size? So I can see how demanding the maps, skins, etc are, and make a determination on what to keep and what to scrap.
derptestt
Old 09-22-2015 , 12:20   Re: 9/15/2015 Update - model precache limit & no free edicts
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ_Kask View Post
Is there any way to view the current precache size? So I can see how demanding the maps, skins, etc are, and make a determination on what to keep and what to scrap.
This. Most of the community servers are experiencing server crashes related to sm_skinchooser and map models. There's no way to judge, and it's too tedious to go through hundreds of maps just to see what maps are "broken."