Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2019 , 23:24   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #961

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Thanks for the patch, but still has the issue with the parser.
PD. Another issue, plugins are being disabled after plugin_precache(), that will make users download resources from another mod unnecessarily, any ideas? I think plugin should not even reach that.
If you use the patched version as explained in that post, you shouldn't have mp_teamlist in the mod config file so unless there is another cvar that uses semicolons, then I'm not sure it's worth updating for that. If you think of some, I'll look into adding that feature.

If things are configured correctly, plugins that are not part of the current mod are never loaded at all (plugin_precache is never called in these plugins). If you use "amxx list" in the server console, you'll see only plugins that are loaded. At least one of the other multi-mod managers uses the plugin pausing feature which would likely do what you describe. I believe that I wrote the first version of all these types of plugins that did use the pause method but I abandoned that method when I wrote Polymorph because of this very reason.

I would probably suggest that you make sure that plugins that are not common to all mods are not in plugins.ini or any plugins-<anything>.ini file in the amxmodx/configs folder.

If you are unable to figure it out, I can try to help you if you provide the output of "amxx list" from the server console (e.g. from HLSW) and zip up all of the following files:
  • polymorph folder
  • plugins.ini
  • plugins-polymorph.ini
Old 03-05-2019 , 15:34   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If you use the patched version as explained in that post, you shouldn't have mp_teamlist in the mod config file so unless there is another cvar that uses semicolons, then I'm not sure it's worth updating for that. If you think of some, I'll look into adding that feature.

If things are configured correctly, plugins that are not part of the current mod are never loaded at all (plugin_precache is never called in these plugins). If you use "amxx list" in the server console, you'll see only plugins that are loaded. At least one of the other multi-mod managers uses the plugin pausing feature which would likely do what you describe. I believe that I wrote the first version of all these types of plugins that did use the pause method but I abandoned that method when I wrote Polymorph because of this very reason.

I would probably suggest that you make sure that plugins that are not common to all mods are not in plugins.ini or any plugins-<anything>.ini file in the amxmodx/configs folder.

If you are unable to figure it out, I can try to help you if you provide the output of "amxx list" from the server console (e.g. from HLSW) and zip up all of the following files:
  • polymorph folder
  • plugins.ini
  • plugins-polymorph.ini
Yes, you are right, I forgot to remove it from the config, now it works. Now, about the "disabling plugin method", I'm afraid is not working as you expect, and I have make sure that all is set correctly, I know the plugin is being loaded because I have put some debug messages in plugin_precache().
I send you the files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (3.6 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by rtxa; 03-05-2019 at 15:35.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2019 , 22:11   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #963

I don't see anything wrong with those files. What is the output of the following server console commands:

meta list
amxx list

Are you sure that there aren't any plugins-<anything>.ini files? AMX Mod X will load plugins an all files that match this pattern (which is how Polymorph works). There has got to be some explanation other than Polymorph itself, nobody has had this issue in the 9 years that the plugin has existed.
Old 04-09-2019 , 14:02   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #964

How can i use this with Galileo instead of the mapchooser?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2019 , 22:00   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
How can i use this with Galileo instead of the mapchooser?
This doesn't "work with" mapchooser and can't "work with" any map choosing plugin since this is a map choosing plugin (i.e. they serve the same purpose). There are some features of other map choosing plugins that don't work with the multi-mod voting concept. What features are you looking for that this doesn't have?

Last edited by fysiks; 04-10-2019 at 22:03.
Rivotril
Old 04-11-2019 , 12:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #966

Quote:
This doesn't "work with" mapchooser and can't "work with" any map choosing plugin since this is a map choosing plugin (i.e. they serve the same purpose). There are some features of other map choosing plugins that don't work with the multi-mod voting concept. What features are you looking for that this doesn't have?
From galileo, the feature of no changing the map at the end of the round if timer rounds out and the banning system of recent maps.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2019 , 22:20   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #967

Quote:
the feature of no changing the map at the end of the round if timer rounds out
I'll have to consider this.

Quote:
the banning system of recent maps.
I'm not entirely sure how this would work since each mod has a different map list. Playing the same map on a different mod is kind of like playing a new map.
Old 04-12-2019 , 12:20   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #968

Yeah, you're right, didn't think about that haha but the not changing the map untill round ends is pretty helpful, love the plugin!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2019 , 22:55   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #969

Ok, I think I've added the "end on round" functionality to Polymorph. The cvar is poly_endonround and defaults to 0 (off).

Test it out (make sure that you set "poly_endonround 1") and let me know how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (polymorph.sma - 376 views - 27.7 KB)

Last edited by fysiks; 04-13-2019 at 13:50.
Rivotril
Old 04-13-2019 , 08:12   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #970

Quote:
Ok, I think I've added the "end on round" functionality to Polymorph. The cvar is poly_endonround and defaults to 0 (off).

Test it out (make sure that you set "poly_endonround 1") and let me know how it goes.
Sure, i'll be testing it today, is there any way that you could add an option on poly_mode to "Always stay on current mod untill next mod is voted"? what i mean by this is if the map gets changed by an admin not change to the next mod in line, instead wait untill the endmap mod vote plays

EDIT: Tested it a bit, doesn't work.

Last edited by Rivotril; 04-13-2019 at 08:39.