12% 

[L4D(2)] MultiSlots

Post New Thread Reply   

amon2126
Old 03-23-2022 , 06:23   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
MultiSlots Improved Version 4.7 (2022/2/10 )
* Invincible time after new 5+ Survivor spawn by this plugin. (Player won't take teammate friendly fire and infected damage including witch within invincible time.)
* Add ConVar, delete cfg manually and restart server.
PHP Code:
// Invincible time after new 5+ Survivor spawn by this plugin. (0=off)
l4d_multislots_respawn_invincibletime "3.0" 
Hey Harry, I'm using your plugin (and following your guide https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...88&postcount=4) to play with my friends the campaign as a team of 5.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to change the new bot to a character not currently in use.
At the moment when I do sm_muladdbot it just adds another Nick to the game (I have not tried on L4D maps yet), and it would be nice to be able to choose (like sm_muladdbot zoey/bill/whatever).

Do you think it is something doable?
Or am I missing something? (like another plugin that is compatible with yours and gives the possibility to change the character on the fly)

on a sidenote, is it required for the 5+ player to have one of those lobby workshop mod or i can just create the game and let everyone in without problem?

Thank you for the great work
DARG367
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2022 , 08:27   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon2126 View Post
Hey Harry, I'm using your plugin (and following your guide https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...88&postcount=4) to play with my friends the campaign as a team of 5.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to change the new bot to a character not currently in use.
At the moment when I do sm_muladdbot it just adds another Nick to the game (I have not tried on L4D maps yet), and it would be nice to be able to choose (like sm_muladdbot zoey/bill/whatever).

Do you think it is something doable?
Or am I missing something? (like another plugin that is compatible with yours and gives the possibility to change the character on the fly)

on a sidenote, is it required for the 5+ player to have one of those lobby workshop mod or i can just create the game and let everyone in without problem?

On the tutorial that Harry posted there are these two plugins I would suggest getting if you do not already have them. When I use the command /muladdbot it will spawn a bot and choose it's character skin based on what's not already in use.

Character_manager provides auto selecting the least used character skin.

CSM & CSC has commands for players or just set to it admins if you want to easily change character skins.

Should also mention if running a Windows server you will want this plugin as well Real Zoey Unlock.

Plugins:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=309601
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=716
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308483

Last edited by DARG367; 03-23-2022 at 09:25.
amon2126
Old 03-23-2022 , 09:11   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARG367 View Post
On the tutorial that Harry posted there are these two plugins I would suggest getting if you do not already have them. When I use the command /muladdbot it will spawn a bot and choose it's character skin based on what's not already in use.

Character_manager provides auto selecting the least used character skin.

CSM & CSC has commands for players or just set to it admins if you want to easily change character skins.

Should also mention if running a Windows server you will want this plugin as well Real Zoey Unlock.

Plugins:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=309601
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=716
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308483
Thank you for the answer
I honestly didn't see the Character_manager plugin in the guide, but it seems to be what i needed all along!

It all seems to work just fine, beside a strange behavior regarding the newly added bots that for some reason start the game at 100% health slowly decaying to 80% without anything touching them...
I suppose there must be a config I messed up with.. right?
DARG367
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2022 , 09:13   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #384

Quote:
Thank you for the answer
I honestly didn't see the Character_manager plugin in the guide, but it seems to be what i needed all along!

It all seems to work just fine, beside a strange behavior regarding the newly added bots that for some reason start the game at 100% health slowly decaying to 80% without anything touching them...
I suppose there must be a config I messed up with.. right?
Look in l4dmultislots.cfg in cfg/sourcemod and change the following.

PHP Code:
// Amount of buffer HP a new 5+ Survivor will spawn with (Def 20)
// -
// Default: "20"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "100.000000"
l4d_multislots_respawnbuffhp "20"

// Amount of HP a new 5+ Survivor will spawn with (Def 80)
// -
// Default: "80"
l4d_multislots_respawnhp "80" 

Last edited by DARG367; 03-23-2022 at 09:25.
amon2126
Old 03-23-2022 , 09:22   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #385

Quote:
Look in l4dmultislots.cfg in cfg/sourcemod and change the following.

PHP Code:
// Amount of buffer HP a new 5+ Survivor will spawn with (Def 20)
// -
// Default: "20"
l4d_multislots_respawnbuffhp "20"

// Amount of HP a new 5+ Survivor will spawn with (Def 80)
// -
// Default: "80"
l4d_multislots_respawnhp "80" 
Thank you!
Any reason to keep it like that?.. I would like the 5+ player to behave like the others (so start with normal 100 hp, without any respawn buff)
DARG367
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2022 , 09:23   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #386

Quote:
Thank you!
Any reason to keep it like that?.. I would like the 5+ player to behave like the others (so start with normal 100 hp, without any respawn buff)
I think the plugin just has it set to that just to show off what you could do if you wanted. Most .cfg files you can change to balance your server the way you like. Feel free to change whatever you want and see what works best for you.

Feel free to add me on Steam or Discord links in my signature if you got quick questions.

Last edited by DARG367; 03-23-2022 at 09:29.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2022 , 02:34   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #387

Quote:

No, use other plugin to change survivor model, it would be better.

Quote:
is it required for the 5+ player to have one of those lobby workshop mod or i can just create the game and let everyone in without problem?

Only the player who creates the lobby should have 8 slots lobby mod , the other players no need to install mod.

Last edited by HarryPotter; 03-25-2022 at 02:39.
DARG367
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2022 , 02:22   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #388

These are the Workshop addons I use that let me create a normal lobby and launch the game with only myself in the lobby.

Required Workshop Addons
How To Use
  1. Subscribe to both workshop addons above.
  2. Create a lobby.
  3. Launch the game by clicking the "Start The Game" button now located below the chat box.

Notes
  • You do not need to create the lobby through the mutation menu anymore if subscribed to both addons. You can just create a normal lobby.
  • Does not require "-insecure" launch option if running it through a dedicated server.
  • This also works if you are apart of a community that provides multi slot servers.
  • If you are using a Steam group server that allows 5+ players you must choose "Steam Group Server" within the lobby options. You can't just join midgame with these workshop addons and expect them to work. It must be launched through the lobby.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Edit: Thanks thewintersoldier97 for letting me know that both scripts can work together to make the process quicker without going through the mutation menu.

Last edited by DARG367; 03-16-2023 at 17:50. Reason: Easier method
thewintersoldier97
Old 03-26-2022 , 23:47   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #389

Quote:
I'll also mention this workshop script solely because it allows you to start the game by yourself. It's been useful for me when I want to launch my server to allow for anyone to join and get up to 8 players but I also want to just afk to make sure the lobby stays active with the workshop script attached to the server to always allow 8 players.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2276071285

Read the description as it tells you how to use it. But I would change their wording just a little bit to the following.

How to use:
1. Choose "8 Player Lobby" Mutation from mutation list and make a lobby.
2. After creating it click "Edit Game Settings" while in the lobby.
3. Use "Change Mode" button and choose "Campaign".
(Step 3 is essential if you want other people to find your lobby without the mutation.)
Note: The "Start The Game" button is now located under the chat box.

Hopefully this helps someone.
If you use that along side with this 8 players lobby mod, you can also start the game yourself without having to go from mutation tab.

Looking for some fun!
simvolist777
Old 04-03-2022 , 14:34   Re: [L4D(2)] MultiSlots
Reply With Quote #390

This is a good plugin and it works. Only there is a question about the number of surviving bots. When I go to the map, there are a lot of survivor bots. How can you limit bots to 4 per mission, but allow live players to 20 or more?