Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)

Post New Thread Reply   

XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2008 , 07:44   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #101

It's the fact that you have two plugins trying to give and strip weapons at the same time which is causing crashes.

PStar, honestly, your negativity and finger pointing are really becoming quite rude. Good things come to those who help themselves, not sit around and whine all the time. I setup a linux server, special builds and my time to test on Linux for you. What have you done for me to help solve this problem so far?

GunGame Python got rid of the !give command.

I'll do more testing with GG4, as I mentioned before, and try and put some weapon stripping on timers. Maybe that will prevent the crashes.
Old 10-12-2008 , 07:45   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Personally, I don't think it is a gungame issue or mani-admin issue, as I also tested the bug with cheats enabled on a clean sourcemod only installation with no other weapon related plugins and when I used the console command give it would crash if it was during the 3 second period before the knife fight starts.

-- also a note on the give command in gungame, turbo needs to be enabled then you type !give into chat. (I am currently using GG4, but it should be present in GGPython as well)
What "Give" console command are you using?
Old 10-12-2008 , 08:10   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #103

The default valve command "give weapon_name"
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2008 , 08:32   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebson506th View Post
The default valve command "give weapon_name"
Thanks, was making sure it wasn't some sort of plugin give command, ie ma_give weapon_etc..
Old 10-12-2008 , 08:40   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
It's the fact that you have two plugins trying to give and strip weapons at the same time which is causing crashes.

PStar, honestly, your negativity and finger pointing are really becoming quite rude. Good things come to those who help themselves, not sit around and whine all the time. I setup a linux server, special builds and my time to test on Linux for you. What have you done for me to help solve this problem so far?

GunGame Python got rid of the !give command.

I'll do more testing with GG4, as I mentioned before, and try and put some weapon stripping on timers. Maybe that will prevent the crashes.
Sorry if i was rude but my english is a bit rusty nowdays so i can't experess myself in the correct way.

So i only pointed that i had the same problems as the others mentioned.

I mentioned it too thath i will test out if i will have time. (cause i am in a student hostel right now and i won't go home until oct.23, and here we have proxy what block mee to usme my ftp and run STEAM and so CSS)

Aanyway, thx for testing it on linux server, i know that you can't do anything until i give you some clues about the crash. So i am on it just needing a little more time.
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2008 , 08:44   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #106

This build delays stripping and giving of items picked up during countdown (or after) by 0.1 seconds. It fixes the conflict crash with gungame4 turbo.

Gungame Python's gg_dead_strip is still causing issues when enabled, however it does not cause a crash (never did actually).

Please consider this a testing build, as I'm only attaching the .SP. If it resolves your crashes, please let me know and I'll update the original post attachments.

X

Attachment removed: See main page archive.

Last edited by XARIUS; 10-14-2008 at 15:36.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2008 , 14:56   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #107

Could you please give me a link to gungame python? If i am correct is newer than GG4?
Derek
Old 10-12-2008 , 16:18   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #108

There is no link to gungame python. You need to be a beta tester.
Game Server Hosting
Solar
Old 10-12-2008 , 20:57   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
This build delays stripping and giving of items picked up during countdown (or after) by 0.1 seconds. It fixes the conflict crash with gungame4 turbo.

Gungame Python's gg_dead_strip is still causing issues when enabled, however it does not cause a crash (never did actually).

Please consider this a testing build, as I'm only attaching the .SP. If it resolves your crashes, please let me know and I'll update the original post attachments.

X
Thanks mate, will give it a try and report back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRDenholm View Post
There is no link to gungame python. You need to be a beta tester.
http://code.google.com/p/gungame-python/ ?????
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 10-13-2008 , 18:49   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.1, Updated: 10/7/2008)
Reply With Quote #110

Some ideas...

1. If people don't finish the knife fight in 30 seconds, either slay them both, or just trigger round_end if possible.

2. To eliminate issues with give or strip commands, can't you just hook the command and do a Plugin_Handled or something to prevent the command from going on to it's original plugin. You could then add each new give command associated with a plugin someone reports as causing issues. You could do an IF for a var establishing that a knife fight has begun, and then reset the var when the fight is over, on player_death.