12% 

Easy way to do fire counting??

Post New Thread Reply   

XAD
Old 02-23-2005 , 16:55  
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani
I've posted in the HlCoders list to see if I get an official reply. Without the CS Source client source code it's pretty hard to understand what is going on.
OK, I am checking that mailing list too but please post the result here, for reference...

/X

PS! Taken from my CSS-log... Does it look familiar ...
Killed by Troy with m4a1 @ 7m in 5 hits >> chest: 2 stomach: 2 leftarm: 1
You hit Troy 3 time(s), 62 damage >> leftarm: 3
sslice
Old 02-23-2005 , 16:59  
Reply With Quote #22

Very nice.

How'd you do it?
Cr3V3TT3
Old 02-24-2005 , 11:51  
Reply With Quote #23

Will you release your sources?
Because i wan' t to add some more stuff to hl2dm, because the most ofthe plugins are for css...

HL2DM ROX!
Send a message via MSN to Cr3V3TT3
XAD
Old 02-24-2005 , 13:11  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr3V3TT3
Will you release your sources?
Because i wan' t to add some more stuff to hl2dm, because the most ofthe plugins are for css...
Sorry the code is not that easy to either "break" out from my plugin, directly compatible with HL2DM, or even easy to get to work on Windows. (I do some "naughty" tricks so I can use CSS-mod internal functions and global vars)

My plugin code is far from release ready (ie architecture fixed and good looking source code) so I haven't even thought about releasing it... (sorry)

I have spent a lot of time tracing different events and mod internal function calls to find out what, when, why (similar to what I did when I created StatsX for AMXmod). This is very mod-dependent and need to be redone if porting to a new mod... (But isn't the HL2DM source code published?? If yes, then it should be very easy to develop stats for it.)

/X

PS! If SourceMod do allow internal gamemod function hooking I might port it to SourceMod and then, of course, release the source code.
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 02-24-2005 , 13:39  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
PS! If SourceMod do allow internal gamemod function hooking I might port it to SourceMod and then, of course, release the source code.
If these are virtual functions, yes, it will be possible. Basically you can hook anything that is a virtual member function, if you have the interface definition (or at least an idea where it is in the vtable) and an instance pointer. I'll probably write a tutorial on this.
Old 02-24-2005 , 14:37  
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM
If these are virtual functions, yes, it will be possible. Basically you can hook anything that is a virtual member function, if you have the interface definition (or at least an idea where it is in the vtable) and an instance pointer. I'll probably write a tutorial on this.
CBaseEntity and CBaseCombatCharacter??

/X
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 02-24-2005 , 15:00  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM
CBaseEntity and CBaseCombatCharacter??

/X
As long as you know the vtable layout (which you do in this case), yeah, no problem.

SourceMod itself won't have the hook definitions for these classes (because they are mod specific), but a module is free to add them. As I said, I'll post a tutorial when I'll get the chance
Old 02-25-2005 , 04:05  
Reply With Quote #28

Ahhhh.... so noone have an answer to my original question??

/X

PS! You can test the first draft/prototype/proof-of-concept at "[plan9] Penthouse"... I will probably reshuffle the code as I want to be able present MOTD-stats, but unfortenately that will require some, more than you think, changes as I will have to use frame check code (should have done that from the beginning )...

FYI: The sequence of events are traceattack, playerkilled, damage... traceattack will always result in a damage, but damage does'n need a traceattack, and playerkilled can happen without the other two...