Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

No spark on client fire

Post New Thread Reply   

raa
Old 08-06-2007 , 15:45   Re: No spark on client fire
Reply With Quote #11

As expected, the request made in the "request/suggestions" is moving down page fast, with no replies.

so....... I'm doing what I can with what I know how do to.
By using "set_cd(cd_handle, CD_ID, 0);", I'm basically blocking everything, then re-constructing the animations, sounds, etc.

It's going pretty good so far, but I was wondering two things..

firstly, before I go deeper into this, does anyone know if there are any "readargs" that I can use to simply block what I need instead of everything, or if there are any ways of finding them.

second, if there are not, how can I tell the client to reconstruct the crosshair functions?

thanks for any help at all guys.. I plan of submitting everything I've got if someone should need this script. (however horribly done.. lol)
Old 08-06-2007 , 16:14   Re: No spark on client fire
Reply With Quote #12

I don't understand why you're still hooked on blocking CD_ID when you can just block the PlaybackEvent..CD_ID will make it so that you cannot see yourself shooting. PlaybackEvent makes it so that you don't hear the sound or see the bulletholes of someone else shooting.

Day of Defeat AMXX Community

FakeMeta Research . Voice Proximity . Advanced Deploy . Technician
Send a message via ICQ to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via AIM to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via MSN to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson [29th ID]
raa
Old 08-06-2007 , 16:24   Re: No spark on client fire
Reply With Quote #13

cuz I don't know the arg(or eventindex) to block in PlaybackEvent. NOt even sure what that is.. is it just weaponid or the actual arg for the sparks?

Also, I need to block the sparks that the shooter see's from HIS shots.. not the other people's.

Last edited by raa; 08-06-2007 at 16:30.
Wilson [29th ID]
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2007 , 17:13   Re: No spark on client fire
Reply With Quote #14

This is how you find out:
Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_forward( FM_PlaybackEvent, "hook_PlaybackEvent" ); } public hook_PlaybackEvent( flags, id, eventindex ) {     client_print( 0, print_chat, "[PlaybackEvent] %i", eventindex ); }

This is a simple hook that will catch the PlaybackEvents and display what eventindex they were.

Fire the weapon you would like to block, and it will tell you which PlaybackEvent it was.

Now, look back a few posts when I made up the variable "desired_weaponfiring" and made an if statement something like
if( eventindex == desired_weaponfiring )
Now, this part should make more sense.

As far as if( user == desired_user ), that part is optional and is just a test in case you only want to do it for specific people.

Day of Defeat AMXX Community

FakeMeta Research . Voice Proximity . Advanced Deploy . Technician
Send a message via ICQ to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via AIM to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via MSN to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson [29th ID]
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2007 , 05:28   Re: No spark on client fire
Reply With Quote #15

If you don't like to hardcode event indeces you can hook playback event precache and cashe event indeces into array, see this thread for code example: [HowTo] Properly catch shot event in CS