Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward

Post New Thread Reply   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-23-2012 , 11:51   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #181

I think it does because after updating to the dev release of 1.5 it doesn't work anymore. That seems to be the only SM that works without crashing.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2012 , 02:32   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #182

Maybe this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=116 method works for the connect extension too.

Ps.: Yes. It seems works with:

Game: CSS
Linux
Latest mm and sm snapshots

Last edited by pubhero; 08-25-2012 at 02:33.
brbeaird
Old 08-27-2012 , 12:47   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #183

Has anyone had any luck using this with Immunity Reserve Slots with MvM? I have everything installed, but my server just lets me in and drops me into spectator mode without kicking anyone to make room. There are also no logs from connect or IRS. Any ideas?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2012 , 10:20   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbeaird View Post
Has anyone had any luck using this with Immunity Reserve Slots with MvM? I have everything installed, but my server just lets me in and drops me into spectator mode without kicking anyone to make room. There are also no logs from connect or IRS. Any ideas?
You'll need a separate reserved slot plugin for MvM; MvM servers are really 32-slot servers with sv_visibilemaxplayers set to 6.
Old 08-31-2012 , 08:07   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
As far as I've always been able to tell, Connect follows the API to the letter.
Valve themselves had issues in TF2 with the last update causing ghost players.
But you're not calling EndAuthSession when connection is accepted by OnClientPreConnectEx forward - this breaks when there are no slots available to allow the client in. Original ConnectClient is called but because of no slots just rejects the connection without attempting auth (so no EndAuthSession either). In the end client is rejected but EndAuthSession never called.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-31-2012 , 08:09   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowakpl View Post
But you're not calling EndAuthSession when connection is accepted by OnClientPreConnectEx forward - this breaks when there are no slots available to allow the client in. Original ConnectClient is called but because of no slots just rejects the connection without attempting auth (so no EndAuthSession either). In the end client is rejected but EndAuthSession never called.
As I replied to you on IRC once you narrowed down where it was failing, I saw the issue and am working on it.
Old 09-03-2012 , 12:21   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #187

Works on CS:GO? Just let us know when ;)
Old 09-09-2012 , 01:01   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #188

im having an issue with what i believe is connect.

background; im running three tf2 servers, windows forked, with separate sourcemod folders etc.
im using metamod 1.9, sourcemod 1.4.6, but this was happening on the older versions as well. im also using connect hg27 snapshot, but again, happened on the older versions.

connect functions like it should (i use it for reserved slot function) but im getting ghost players. in other words, from time to time, even sometimes when people have NOT been kicked to make room for a reserved slot player, it makes a ghost slot, which can last for hours or even days. This does not go away from changing the map, but of course a reboot fixes it.

two of the servers are identical except one runs mvm the other stock maps. no troubles on either of these.
but the third is a trade server, and has about 10 extra plugins (which shouldnt affect it anyway). The main difference is that the map on this one server only changes a few times a day.

ive tried every combination of plugins and connect/cbase, and this issue seems to only happen with connect. i have removed all the extra plugins, and it still happens. im currently running connect on the two servers, no troubles. but as soon as i put it on the trade server, ghost slots. so im currently running cbase on that one server, with no issues.

any ideas? or anything i can do to help debug this? i have deinstalled every plugin, changed them up, and the only common thing is connect, so im convinced there is something happening with connect. But i might be wrong.

mark
brbeaird
Old 09-09-2012 , 01:51   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #189

So after after the last update, I started getting this weird error where connect fails to load. Any ideas?

lucasdidur
Old 09-11-2012 , 17:16   Re: Connect - A safer OnClientPreConnect forward
Reply With Quote #190

Why this extencion is NEVER is up to date automatically.

This extension has its advantages, but the biggest drawback is that you must inform every updated a bug, and expects a good soul update.