[ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 15:08   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Did you inform them that all of the advertisements would be opened in the background, and none would be seen or heard?
They can see in the backend that the ads are being servers every second so unless they are not that smart I think they figured out what repeatedly sending traffic over and over ment.

"From what you've sent so far, it appears that although the RPC isn't especially high, we have coverage for all of it, and none is being screened."

They asked that all forms of traffic be sent to them, they don't care how it comes in. This is the one and only advertising company that does this. Every other one I have looked into had rules against it. There are a ton of company out there that pay a lot better but they require minimum 15 second ad views and that isn't what I was looking for.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2013 , 15:35   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
They can see in the backend that the ads are being servers every second so unless they are not that smart I think they figured out what repeatedly sending traffic over and over ment.

"From what you've sent so far, it appears that although the RPC isn't especially high, we have coverage for all of it, and none is being screened."

They asked that all forms of traffic be sent to them, they don't care how it comes in. This is the one and only advertising company that does this. Every other one I have looked into had rules against it. There are a ton of company out there that pay a lot better but they require minimum 15 second ad views and that isn't what I was looking for.
Guess so, just seems odd that their network would allow or encourage this, and that advertisers would pay them to promote ads which would get dumped into the void. I guess they figure if they cast enough nets it won't matter.

Regardless, server operators should still realize that this may have some impact on clients. I think valve fixed the issue of flash crashing clients. Some players with poor connections may experience some problems constantly opening urls/buffering chunks of video. Not sure. I know many users will have their pings shoot up a bit when they see flash ads or download unbuffered flash/mp3 content that maxes their line. Might not be a problem here, as most ad networks throttle.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 15:42   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Guess so, just seems odd that their network would allow or encourage this, and that advertisers would pay them to promote ads which would get dumped into the void. I guess they figure if they cast enough nets it won't matter.

Regardless, server operators should still realize that this may have some impact on clients. I think valve fixed the issue of flash crashing clients. Some players with poor connections may experience some problems constantly opening urls/buffering chunks of video. Not sure. I know many users will have their pings shoot up a bit when they see flash ads or download unbuffered flash/mp3 content that maxes their line. Might not be a problem here, as most ad networks throttle.
I wasn't about to start arguing with them over if they would allow this or not lol... after all just look at their website. It isn't the highest quality but they do pay out consistently and that's all I really care about. If its within their rules and they allow it who am I to say otherwise.

If you actually follow the adverts url yourself you'll see there is a pause before the actual advertisement loads. It looks like some sort or redirect so I highly doubt and flash/audio/video content ever gets loaded on the client side.

I have tried turning the plugin on and off during game play to see if there was any visible effects to ping and I can't see one. Most people that play online games have some sort of high speed internet -DSL/Cable and loading a virtually blank page shouldn't use up all that much bandwidth in my opinion.

Last edited by DeathMaster; 03-27-2013 at 15:52.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 16:01   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #34

Would it not be best to perhaps decrease how often the ads are displayed? They said themselves within your quote that the hits should be within reason. If you have a group of players connected over a large period of time, that's no longer within reason.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 16:13   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Would it not be best to perhaps decrease how often the ads are displayed? They said themselves within your quote that the hits should be within reason. If you have a group of players connected over a large period of time, that's no longer within reason.
My experience with decreased ad views is lag and audio playing in the background when content does start to load. Plus their system directs traffic to the advertisers and it does all the sorting... its their advertisers that accept multiple hits per ip address within reason and their system doesn't show the same advertisement back to back so its all handled by them. If there is no ads available they will be shown google.
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2013 , 16:20   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #36

hmm i tried using adverts url for the user i created, but i don't see any ads? :S

only thing i see is this
Quote:

Paid To Promote Free Traffic
Paid To Popup, Welcome Worldwide Members Web Traffic = Cash
Paid Display Banner Sign up $8 CPM

Last edited by DoPe^; 03-27-2013 at 16:20.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 16:34   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
hmm i tried using adverts url for the user i created, but i don't see any ads? :S

only thing i see is this
You take the url they give you 2nd from the top under PROMOTE LINK: add that to the plugin cvar and away you go.
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2013 , 16:41   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
You take the url they give you 2nd from the top under PROMOTE LINK: add that to the plugin cvar and away you go.
yeah, that would be this one right?

http://www.ptp22.com/seo.php?usernam...ame&format=ptp

it only shows me those things, and not any ads, and I have checked that my country is accepted
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2013 , 17:00   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
yeah, that would be this one right?

http://www.ptp22.com/seo.php?usernam...ame&format=ptp

it only shows me those things, and not any ads, and I have checked that my country is accepted
It could be possible that there is no ads available in your geographic area at the moment. All I can suggest is that you setup the cvar and check the stats every once in a while. If there is no ads available it will just display a blank page.
wawazy
Old 03-27-2013 , 21:03   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #40

well i got some players say they got little windows appear constantly

Quote:
what is this little screen that constantly pops and i lose control of my mouse?
well if its not too bad i will keep anyway

wa