Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SoD Player Stats

Post New Thread Reply   

MaKTaiL
Old 07-04-2009 , 19:49   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #541

FrostbyteX

I would like to test SoD Player Stats 2.0.
How can I do that?

Also, when do you plan to release this new version to the public?
Thanks for all your patience and good work.
t3rm1nal_s(0ut
Old 07-05-2009 , 10:03   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #542

would be nice join this project with knifetop and create a single webfront ;)...

imho I mean ;)

FrostbyteX
Old 07-05-2009 , 12:18   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #543

Maktail, I'll send you a PM when the beta is ready for testing.

t3rm1nal, the web interface will be customizable, based on your database settings. With a good configuration file, the new SoD Stats should be able to reproduce the functionality of Knifetop, with custom commands/dialogs, custom database schema, and custom point calculation.

Steve
biffsbiz
Old 07-05-2009 , 12:29   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbyteX View Post
biffsbiz,

go to addons\sourcemod\scripting\sodstats. the files in that folder contain the event handlers for each game. every game listed has its own unique way of recording stats. for games that are not listed, the defaultgame.sp event handlers are used.

if you want to make a new game file for hl2dm, make a copy of defaultgame.sp, and add a "#define ID_HL2DM ##" at the top with the game id of hl2dm. then go into sodstats.sp, add an include for "sodstats/hl2dm.sp" and add ID_HL2DM to the GetGameId() function. directly below the GetGameId() function is the HookEvents() function. add your gameid to that switch statement, and call the corresponding HookGameEvents() function that is defined at the top of your hl2dm.sp file (you will have to rename this function).

dont have time to give better instructions; send me a pm and i'll add you to steam friends, and help you out later while i work on SoDStats2.0.

steve
Ok, I did this. I don't have a local compiler, so I use the recently updated one on the web at
http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php
However, it doesn't allow includes. Is there a downloadable compiler that I can use to fully compile this script and it's includes? OR, and this is more likely, what am I missing here?

Thanks,
Biff

Last edited by biffsbiz; 07-05-2009 at 13:34.
FrostbyteX
Old 07-05-2009 , 14:57   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffsbiz View Post
Ok, I did this. I don't have a local compiler, so I use the recently updated one on the web at
http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php
However, it doesn't allow includes. Is there a downloadable compiler that I can use to fully compile this script and it's includes? OR, and this is more likely, what am I missing here?

Thanks,
Biff
Download the latest Sourcemod release. There is a compiler in the scripting folder. You can point this right at "sodstats.sp" and it should compile without errors.

- Steve
biffsbiz
Old 07-05-2009 , 17:40   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #546

Quote:
Download the latest Sourcemod release. There is a compiler in the scripting folder. You can point this right at "sodstats.sp" and it should compile without errors.
Excellent. Done.

I made these mods plus one more in sodstats.sp to GetGameId(). I added a return ID_HL2DM for folder hl2mp.

I only get ESC menues and they are incomplete (I made the change to core.games.txt). Can't tell if things are working yet without being able to look at top10 and other ranks.

Mark
woogers
Old 07-06-2009 , 11:39   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #547

Is it possible that I could be added to the test list? I love SoD Stats 1 and 2.0 sounds even better. Is support for different databases going to be added for 2.0?
Send a message via ICQ to woogers Send a message via AIM to woogers Send a message via MSN to woogers Send a message via Yahoo to woogers Send a message via Skype™ to woogers
wylker
Old 07-06-2009 , 12:20   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylker View Post
anyway to make it give regular updates in the chat window similar to how hlstatsx works?

oh also whats the difference between sm_stats_displaymode 0 and 2? They seem to have the same functionality...

awesome plugin btw, thanks for making it

didn't know if you saw this frost
biffsbiz
Old 07-06-2009 , 13:42   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #549

re: changes for HL2DM:

By the way, you mention the 'default "storage-local" database' under notes. I think you mean the "sourcemod-local" database.

I have checked SoD portion, "players", of the database with the changes made. The database is now being updated correctly except for the rank db item which is actually the order-of-first-time-connection. But, the RANK command in chat does seem to bring up the correct value.

Next step is changing the ShowMenu to SM menues. ShowMenu isn't supported at all in HL2DM, including after makeing the change per BAILPAN at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=566380. Any ideas or pointers?

Biff

Last edited by biffsbiz; 07-06-2009 at 13:49.
t3rm1nal_s(0ut
Old 07-06-2009 , 15:43   Re: SoD Player Stats
Reply With Quote #550

Quote:
Maktail, I'll send you a PM when the beta is ready for testing.

t3rm1nal, the web interface will be customizable, based on your database settings. With a good configuration file, the new SoD Stats should be able to reproduce the functionality of Knifetop, with custom commands/dialogs, custom database schema, and custom point calculation.

Steve

nr. 1 ;)