Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2, CSS, FOF, CS:GO] War3Source:EVO (Updated 2/18/2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2016 , 16:29   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #21

The Latest version or the one attached to this post has fixed some annoying memory leaks.

It also includes the untested War3_CreateNewSkill stuff that I'm working to add.

I have tested this version and everything runs fine in TF2 now.

I'll begin working on the new Skill Creation engine later.

Developers / Skilled programmers of SourceMod: If your skilled enough in developing stuff, maybe you can check out the new stuff and create a skills pack for races to use. You can use https://github.com/War3Evo/SkillCraf...deadScourge.sp from my SkillCraft era for ideas on how to create skills using this new engine.. just note that SkillCraft Prefixes with SC_ and Warcraft uses War3_.

P.S. Going back to work tomorrow after this long vacation... so my time will be limited, yet I will continue to work daily until I can get this thing fully running.
Attached Files
File Type: zip war3source_evo-1.8-git11-tf2.zip (2.34 MB, 105 views)

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-04-2016 at 19:50.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 13:46   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #22

Hey ElDiablo. I have been lurking keeping an eye on this. Is it stable and "complete" enough to fire up a server? If so, I am happy to try it out...and report things as they come up.....
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 22:04   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Hey ElDiablo. I have been lurking keeping an eye on this. Is it stable and "complete" enough to fire up a server? If so, I am happy to try it out...and report things as they come up.....
It's was my own private version since 2010 for which I worked on it for the past 6 years for the game mode TF2. All other game modes are in beta and probably not best for a production server.

The main thing that it is lacking right now is races. I'm currently adding new skill engine that will allow programmers more flexibility to create new races from which they can swap skills with other races and/or create "skill packs" where races could be based off of. I'm sure I could just add my current races without converting them, as the conversions I am doing is so that I can have examples for other SourceMod programmers on the best way to write more races. If I just add them the way I currently write races, it will give a bad impression and have them use bad example code.

I also plan to build the compatibility engine for running old races much better. I want to test and see if I can run those races that are "compiled against the old War3Source" and still run with my version of War3Source without recompiling.

You can thank hitmany for suggesting on adding a skill engine.

To answer your question: TF2 game mode is very stable. CSGO game mode seems stable, but without anyone running an actual server with players, I won't know "how stable" it is.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-08-2016 at 22:16.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 10:01   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-10-2016)
Reply With Quote #24

In my first post, I updated for the lastest downloads and moved the sound files into a sound pack.

Make sure you download both for your platform and the sound-pack!

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-10-2016 at 10:02.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 12:40   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
It's was my own private version since 2010 for which I worked on it for the past 6 years for the game mode TF2. All other game modes are in beta and probably not best for a production server.

The main thing that it is lacking right now is races. I'm currently adding new skill engine that will allow programmers more flexibility to create new races from which they can swap skills with other races and/or create "skill packs" where races could be based off of. I'm sure I could just add my current races without converting them, as the conversions I am doing is so that I can have examples for other SourceMod programmers on the best way to write more races. If I just add them the way I currently write races, it will give a bad impression and have them use bad example code.

I also plan to build the compatibility engine for running old races much better. I want to test and see if I can run those races that are "compiled against the old War3Source" and still run with my version of War3Source without recompiling.

You can thank hitmany for suggesting on adding a skill engine.

To answer your question: TF2 game mode is very stable. CSGO game mode seems stable, but without anyone running an actual server with players, I won't know "how stable" it is.
Thanks for reply. I should have specified I was asking for TF2. By stable I meant...not crashing server. I am going to give it a go. What maps would you suggest?

Last edited by MaloModo; 07-10-2016 at 12:40.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 15:01   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Thanks for reply. I should have specified I was asking for TF2. By stable I meant...not crashing server. I am going to give it a go. What maps would you suggest?
To answer MaloModo's question:
Any maps except for maps that have arena in their names as for some reason arena maps break war3source.

People tend to like Payload maps more than any other maps for War3Source type games. Then Koth(King of the Hill) is next, then cp(Control Points) are next.

CTF(Capture the Flag) maps do not do very well and tend to lose players the most. Only use these maps if your in game and watching player count. I suggest not letting player count get less than 16 before changing map. If they want to play a CTF map, make sure you have nearly a full server before going.

Changing maps tends to give you a loss on player count by around 5-6 players, so I suggest you also make map times no less than 40 minutes.

If your big enough, then having a War3Source for each map with unlimited time limits would be the best, as players tend to love "certain" maps and will stay there much much longer.

To Everyone:
My version of War3Source is currently limited on Races. I'm still working on a new feature I want to implement before continuing to build more races. The new feature would allow races to swap skills / change skills at any time. The new type of races would have "starting skills", then if the programmer chooses, they can change the skill at anytime during game play.

I have an idea for a few new races that would change their skill based on skill level... so for instance, if Skill 1 gets to level 4 (maxed out), it would than "transform" into a new skill. Lets say Skill 1 is "Jump Higher - You jump 5/10/15 percent higher than normal.", once the skill gets to level 4 it would be transformed to "Wings - when you jump, you fly." <<-- I know that is over powered, but just trying to give some kind of "transformation" effect of an idea.

So probably a lot of the new races should expect to be able to "transform" or "upgrade" their skills on max level for each skill.

Hitmany's idea for a skill than changes on every round would also be possible.

As of today, the stuff is already built into my engine (not released yet), and im currently testing this now.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-10-2016 at 15:19.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 15:51   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-1-2016)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
TF2:
With TF2 recent updates, I tried to run it and it is not running I'm currently looking at the reason why.

Looks like I'm going to end up spending a lot of time converting internal code of the engine as sourcemod 1.8 is very picky and is not telling me what is wrong with my code. Instead it just doesn't load the plugin! I had to actually delete war3source, run sourcemod, then upload war3source, sm plugins load war3source (load late) in order to get input from sourcemod on what is wrong

War3Source was originally written for all the code to be in modules, I have not completely converted that code while it was running just fine in SourceMod 1.7. Looks like SourceMod 1.8 is just being very picky on coding stuff while not telling you anything of why it failed your code or crashes your code and restarts your server with no information.

Just think of all the cuss words you can think of and shoot them at SourceMod 1.8 !

I'm not sure why I can get extra information about a plugin crash after SourceMod has time to fully load instead of just crashing at startup without any information?!?!??!?!?

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-10-2016 at 16:37.
tatercrisp
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-10-2016 , 20:45   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-10-2016)
Reply With Quote #28

sorting through the cluster fuck for shits and giggles. compiled for TF2 it does run on latest
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 22:51   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-10-2016)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatercrisp View Post
sorting through the cluster fuck for shits and giggles. compiled for TF2 it does run on latest
I stand corrected, for some reason after I left and came back.. SourceMod updated its gamedata and now its working.
Old 07-11-2016 , 00:35   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0a (7-10-2016)
Reply With Quote #30

Okay... tested TF2 again..

It still works!

Here is a link to the sourcecode for an example race (which does nothing other than allow you to switch random skills on death). The example is meant only to allow you to understand how you can implement swappable race skills:

War3Source_0000_SkillsRaceSwapTest_OPT.sp

You'll need to latest engine to take advantage of this new way to "swap skills" feature.

My next task is to create "skill packs" as addons that races can use for "swappable skills".
Attached Files
File Type: zip war3source_evo-1.8-git17-tf2.zip (984.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: zip war3source_evo-1.8-git18-csgo.zip (967.8 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-11-2016 at 00:45.