Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.8.2 - 2019-22-01)

Post New Thread Reply   

heavyisgps
Old 08-24-2018 , 19:32   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.50 - 2018-23-08)
Reply With Quote #11

I found that I had one invalid ID for the volcano fragment and fixed that. I went through all the attributes and check that they were valid. And from what I saw they all were now.

I thought that would solve the issue, but it still persists unfortunately.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2018 , 20:01   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.6.0 - 2018-25-08)
Reply With Quote #12

New version released, 1.6.0. Adds a few debug functions and safeguarding against index 0 attributes on the timer function just in case.

heavyisgps, even with your file and even using some of my own, I took your reproduction steps and I wasn't able to find neither of the errors you described at all. Since I added debug functions to the plugin, could you please update it and set sm_tfrebalance_debug_giveweapons to 1 and say where it gives such error? In addition, could you tell me which OS is your server hosted with? It might be helpful on trying to reproduce the issue.

The plugin is safeguarded now against such issue and should continue execution even after it finds a ghost attribute with index 0 by parsing the attributes on the keyvalues file afterwards, but it will still be logged just in case. This should theoretically prevent the MvM crash you are having.

Thanks beforehand.
Discord: JugadorXEI#8724 - Steam

Last edited by JugadorXEI; 08-24-2018 at 20:20.
heavyisgps
Old 08-25-2018 , 08:15   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.6.0 - 2018-25-08)
Reply With Quote #13

Hi, It does not give an error it just closes the application.

I've found one weapon it does that on and that's the bison for soldier. Even with the firing speed value at 0.8 or 1 it still crashes.

Here's a screenshot of what happens before the server window just closes.

This error happens with me just switching to soldier and having the bison equipped.

As long as sm_tfrebalance_changetimer is set to anything but 0 it closes the application when certain weapons are loaded.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2018 , 09:25   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.6.0 - 2018-25-08)
Reply With Quote #14

Would you care to add me on Steam so I can help you troubleshoot the issue more directly? It seems like forum posts back and forth are just delaying the potential support I can give. You can add me here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/jugadorxei/

Also, just asking, but do you have tf2attributes kept up to date? (If you got the plugin from the release thread on AlliedModders, it's outdated and you should get it from GitHub!) For sm_tfrebalance_changetimer on an item with keepattribs set to 1, the plugin utilizes a function of tf2attributes to get the static attributes of an item (it's the only way for it to work). If you don't have tf2attributes kept up to date or updated with the latest gamedata, then I could see why it would crash in those instances.

Last edited by JugadorXEI; 08-25-2018 at 09:34.
heavyisgps
Old 08-25-2018 , 15:21   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.6.0 - 2018-25-08)
Reply With Quote #15

I just used the SMX file, as I didn't compile the TF2Attribute file. When I recompiled it and used the latest one it didn't crash.

However now I got a client crash instead, while the server kept running.

The only two weapons it happened on was detonator and backscratcher.

The only two weapons who were using "keepattribs" "1" as well as attributes modifying their original attributes. Somehow this caused a clientside crash. Bots were able to use this weapon however. but when inspecting their weapon, the text would come up double instead of the added value. That might be something worth looking into. Where if you keepattrib and modify an attribute, the modified one should overrule the current one, as it does with the sm_tfrebalance_changetimer 0.

The client crash only happened when deploying the weapon

Last edited by heavyisgps; 08-25-2018 at 15:22.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2018 , 20:28   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.7.0 - 2018-26-08)
Reply With Quote #16

I've been talking to heavyisgps on Steam and with his collaboration I've been able to fix the issue related to attributes. In addition, if someone else has crashes related to being given weapons using changetimer, it might be because of a faulty custom HUD and it should be updated.

Rebalanced Fortress 1.7.0 has been released, adding a few more commands that might be useful for compatibility with other plugins alongside a bugfix and a config file being generated on cfg/sourcemod now.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2018 , 12:09   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.7.1 - 2018-26-08)
Reply With Quote #17

Rebalanced Fortress 1.7.1 has been released, fixing two small and insignificant bugs.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-26-2018 , 14:43   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.8.0 - 2018-26-12)
Reply With Quote #18

Rebalanced Fortress 1.8.0 has been released, which adds a way better menu to check information about changes if provided, weapon transparency that persists between maps and disconnects thanks to cookies, and localizable strings (including Spanish localization).

Last edited by JugadorXEI; 12-26-2018 at 14:43.
Zaseishin
Old 02-10-2019 , 02:36   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.8.2 - 2019-22-01)
Reply With Quote #19

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask but is there a way to modify if the pyro's airblast gives crits, mini-crits, or none at all? I can't find anything on it in the list of attributes.
JugadorXEI
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-10-2019 , 11:34   Re: [TF2] Rebalanced Fortress 2 (v1.8.2 - 2019-22-01)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseishin View Post
Apologies if this is not the right place to ask but is there a way to modify if the pyro's airblast gives crits, mini-crits, or none at all? I can't find anything on it in the list of attributes.
If it's not on the attribute list, then it's beyond the scope of this plugin, but it's possible to change that through the use of another plugin using damage hooks (although minicrits are more hardcoded and trickier to work with).